hello

Newly registered members can come in here and introduce themselfes to the rest of the forum members.
Forum rules
Hi, nice of you all to join us, but a quick note, this section is for you to introduce yourself to the other forum members-not to advertise your website. I know several of you have websites of your own, but the rule on not advertising outside of your profile still applies here.

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy posting here.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Re: hello

Post by spookiefilmania » 07 Mar 2019 00:19

As I never read the Henry James novel of The Turn of the Screw, I often wondered what the precise meaning of the title was.

It is explained in the novel. Guests at an English country house are gathered around a fire, telling ghost stories. One guest tells a story, and then a second guest speaks up: “Let’s give the screw another turn” – meaning, he wants to tell his own ghost story, which was related to him by his boyhood governess.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 07 Mar 2019 01:48

As I never read the Henry James novel of The Turn of the Screw, I often wondered what the precise meaning of the title was.

It is explained in the novel. Guests at an English country house are gathered around a fire, telling ghost stories. One guest tells a story, and then a second guest speaks up: “Let’s give the screw another turn” – meaning, he wants to tell his own ghost story, which was related to him by his boyhood governess.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 07 Mar 2019 01:49

duplicating again @ bluelighttouch

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 07 Mar 2019 01:51

I posted this link of Presence of Mind as I wanted to bookmark it in my YT profile but could not. So enjoy all. There is also a print of The Innocents on YT if anyone is interested.
http://hdroot.net/movie/presence-of-mind-1999-6115/

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 07 Mar 2019 11:59

Haven't time to look at this yet spookie - but will later!

I would love to sit around an open fire in an old atmospheric house with a group of people telling ghost stories! Wonderful!

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 07 Mar 2019 23:31

Can we[leasestop posting on this thread, and move to a newthreadonParanormal chat...Thankyou..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 08 Mar 2019 05:35

ok moving to paranormal chat.