hello

Newly registered members can come in here and introduce themselfes to the rest of the forum members.
Forum rules
Hi, nice of you all to join us, but a quick note, this section is for you to introduce yourself to the other forum members-not to advertise your website. I know several of you have websites of your own, but the rule on not advertising outside of your profile still applies here.

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy posting here.

Téa
Great Britain

Re: hello

Post by Téa » 27 Feb 2019 22:42

I spelled it wrong it's "wandjinas", sorry, I had to do some googling. I expect they've done an Ancient Aliens on them.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 04 Mar 2019 23:57

sherry2 wrote:
26 Feb 2019 14:19
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

I used to love a scary film in my teens and 20s and easily got scared of them. They were all the rage in my youth through the 1970s. I remember being terrified of the vampire ones :lol: Now they just make me laugh. In fact after years of not watching one of those films I saw one a few years back around Halloween. It was in black and white and so funny to watch. Maybe I have to admit it did bring back a bit of the 'look over your shoulder' feeling :lol: Though I have no belief in that whatsoever.

Because I now know that spirits do exist I will only watch stuff that is positive about them - and not the nasty sort.
Many thanks for the welcome. Apologies for late reply.

I know what you mean about some of those cheesy so called horror films.. yes I too get more of a chuckle than a scare out of those. But I assure you that is not the case with The Innocents (1961), Woman In Black (1989) Woman In Black (2012) (The Changeling (1980), Haunted (1996) Carnival Of Souls (1960) Ghost Story (1981) Dominique Is Dead (1979) :ghost2:
Last edited by spookiefilmania on 06 Mar 2019 23:25, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 05 Mar 2019 00:06

Téa wrote:
27 Feb 2019 22:42
I spelled it wrong it's "wandjinas", sorry, I had to do some googling. I expect they've done an Ancient Aliens on them.
The Dreamtime is the Aboriginal understanding of the world, of it's creation, and it's great stories. The Dreamtime is the beginning of knowledge, from which came the laws of existence. ... The Dreaming world was the old time of the Ancestor Beings. They emerged from the earth at the time of the creation.

As a white child growing up in Australia I found stories of the Dreamtime fascinating.

You may find the Peter Weir film The Last Wave interesting. Also The Shout (UK)

The Wandjina are cloud and rain spirits from Australian Indigenous mythology that are depicted prominently in rock art in Australia. Some of the artwork in the Kimberley region of Western Australia dates back approximately 4,000 years ago. There are examples online. :ghost2:

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 05 Mar 2019 15:08

Hope everything is ok Spookiefilmania?

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 05 Mar 2019 17:42

I noticed two posts deleted Did they duplicate? This happens when the posters browser is running slow.If I spot them I can remove them for you no worries..
I have always like the Aborigine film star David Gulphilil.. I have seen a couple of his film a while back..
I havenot been to Austrailia but I have a Nephew inSidney.. My friends when they visit bring me back Aboriginal Teeshirts with there art on it..I have 2 so far..Always found sorties of the Dreamtime fascinating too. I was watching a great film last night called simply 'Boy' it was a young Mouri boy getting to know his dad after his dad was released from prison..The boy told huge whoppers about where his dad had been for years..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 06 Mar 2019 20:36

I'm still a big kid. I love the stories.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 06 Mar 2019 23:14

Everything is fine @sherry2. Hope all is well with you too.

Have you seen any of those movies I posted? I assure you there are plenty of shivers in those. I will add another.. an additional version of The Turn Of the Screw.. called Presence of Mind (1999) with Harvey Keitel. This is my second fave version after The Innocents. Tell me if you watch any of these titles and we can take notes. btw call me spookie :ghost2:
Last edited by spookiefilmania on 06 Mar 2019 23:31, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 06 Mar 2019 23:19

bluelighttouch wrote:
05 Mar 2019 17:42
I noticed two posts deleted Did they duplicate? This happens when the posters browser is running slow.If I spot them I can remove them for you no worries..
I have always like the Aborigine film star David Gulphilil.. I have seen a couple of his film a while back..
I havenot been to Austrailia but I have a Nephew inSidney.. My friends when they visit bring me back Aboriginal Teeshirts with there art on it..I have 2 so far..Always found sorties of the Dreamtime fascinating too. I was watching a great film last night called simply 'Boy' it was a young Mouri boy getting to know his dad after his dad was released from prison..The boy told huge whoppers about where his dad had been for years..
Thank you @bluelighttouch . Yes they did duplicate. You must visit my home town. We have been very kind to our indigenous brothers yet they continue to berate the white population for something that a former foreign empire did almost 250 years ago. If you like David Gulpilill you will like the early Oz classic Jedda. @tea may also enjoy it. You may find it online. I had access to a print of Jedda for a while but it was removed from the online site. :)
Last edited by spookiefilmania on 07 Mar 2019 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 06 Mar 2019 23:32

I have a great interest in all Indigenous peoples.. but it is mainly First Nations people of American and Canada.. I have yet to go to Oz, had hope to go to NZ..But its a 23 hr flight!! I'd go stir crazy..
By Empire Iassume it was the POMS!!.. They oppressed a lot of native people 250 yrs ago, vile bastards were wicked.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 07 Mar 2019 00:13

bluelighttouch wrote:
06 Mar 2019 23:32
I have a great interest in all Indigenous peoples.. but it is mainly First Nations people of American and Canada.. I have yet to go to Oz, had hope to go to NZ..But its a 23 hr flight!! I'd go stir crazy..
By Empire Iassume it was the POMS!!.. They oppressed a lot of native people 250 yrs ago, vile bastards were wicked.
I have a fascination for the Native North American too. Such an interesting culture. There were so many tribes.. living mostly in peace before the white settler.. or do I have that wrong?