Will there be a Live??

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Will there be a Live??

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 Oct 2018 19:00

I am on virgin cable and there is a subtitle button on my remote, its no good for me as it goes so fast I cannot read more than the first 4 words before its gone!! Would an Induction loop help you I know theatres have them but do not know how it works..

Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 08 Oct 2018 19:38

Unfortunately the subtitle button only works if the program itself has been subtitled. They wouldn't subtitle a "live". A loop can enhance hearing aid, but my range is only high pitch so it would just make the high pitch screaming louder for me (not pleasant), I still wouldn't hear the low pitch at all. Plus, I sometimes get feedback if I have my hearing aid in as I get sensory strain from trying to figure out what the noise is. At the end of the day when I'm tired I can't manage 'hearing'.

But I find it more interesting than when I could hear to be honest, I'm more attuned to the micro-facial expressions and their body language. Sometimes the mediums look surprised when certain things happen and don't ask who is there and you can tell that they suspect it's someone else.

Their camera work is terrible though. Worse than Challenge Annika, and she ran faster.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 Oct 2018 20:26

OMg I remeber that tv program lol terrible. My mother had two hearing aids and if they were not in properly they whistled. I am told if you lose one sense that the others sharpen up, I am still waiting..
I like to watch movies but a lot jave sub titles for the foriegn language bits and U cannot read them either. But if its French, German or even Greek I have some understanding.. But the other day it was Japonese and I only know 2 words ..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 08 Oct 2018 20:51

It is true that your other senses can sharpen, but it does take time. It all depends upon how you adapt. The subtitle colours and background often don't help.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 Oct 2018 23:26

I am losing colours now everything is faded.. So I have to deal in contrasts..

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 09 Oct 2018 05:28

One of the cruel things about sight loss can be Charles Bonnet syndrome as well. Especially if people aren't warned about it.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 09 Oct 2018 11:38

Do you know,my friends mum has this problem and to make things worse she has also got Senile Dementia she is about 85 I think. She now has to have carers coming in 4 times a day, poor thing. Her daughter is a forner Psychiatric nurse and tbh is the most unsympathetic nurse I have ever met!!
I have heard vaguely of this syndrome as my mum had the same kind of sight loss thru AMD.
I am fortunate in thatI have a good mate who is an Ocular plastic surgeon and I can ask him about this next time I see him..Sothanks for reminding me about this..
I'd like to ask you how come youknow about this specific syndrome?

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 09 Oct 2018 18:26

I worked on a Sensory Impairment team for a year (being a BSL user I could do the safeguardings for Deaf and Deaf blind and I'd done visual impairment rehab training 20 years ago). It came up quite a few times as it genuinely distressed people and they hadn't been warned; so you'd have an 85 year old lady with AMD who had listened to Watership Down audio book and started seeing rabbits that she knew weren't there and then they start worrying that it's psychosis. Also, professionals do tend to jump to conclusions when "seeing things" or "hearing things" comes up and presume it's a "mental health" crisis. I think it's better that opticians warn people when they get their diagnosis that it can happen so that they are pre-warned and that distress can be avoided.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 09 Oct 2018 21:52

I agree, I was told I had AMD back in 2001..Icouldn't really believe it as it was not affecting me then. I had a check as my mum had this and that it was hereditary..But sometimes skips a generation. More women than men are affected and my 2 brothers escaped.. It takes years to affect ones day to day life..Mine got worse suddenly about 2 yrs ago. Now it is accellerating and I had to give up my car a year ago, my choice...but I hate getting buses.
They are not very frequent or dependable to get anywhere on time...

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 09 Oct 2018 22:56

These days there are so many things we didn't have 20 years ago; Dragon software (talk to type and reads text), Braille text on iPhone, taptapgo, there's one where you take a photo on your phone and it audio describes it for you. Paperwork hasn't caught up; any kind of grey form with little boxes just isn't fair and the government seems to love tiny, pale grey boxes.

People are incredible at adapting. I've met people with no functional sight (no light perception at all) who have the most incredible spatial awareness. I think the worst places for public transport are train stations; white floors, white walls, poor lighting, no tactile marking and garbled tannoys.

But I really do believe that a lot of people with sensory loss do develop sixth sense or super highly attuned sense.