What makes people interested in ghosts etc??

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

junoomaha

Re: What makes people interested in ghosts etc??

Post by junoomaha » 28 Nov 2018 01:02

It could be though, that these cave drawings of men in space suits could just be pictures of ancient medicine men or chieftains in elaborate costumes carrying baskets on their backs. Flying objects in the sky could be just that - birds and insects. (They weren't very good at anatomical drawing in those days!) Indeed, some of the pictures made famous by Erik von Daniken could just as easily be a woman in a burka :eek:
I guess it's no surprise that the ancient spirits or gods of old came from the tops of mountains or outer space, as these were the two most inaccessible places to ancient man. So as the laws of nature were basically beyond his grasp, so where the places they came from.
Now, if there was a drawing of a man coming out of a telephone box and showing the ancients how to use a screwdriver- that would be another matter.
Maybe there is, but the governments of the world have put a ban on it, or even moved it wholesale to Area 51! :ghost:

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 28 Nov 2018 20:23

Juno your sceptic hat is on fair enough.. But when I was travelling in 2012 thru 13 national parks of USA, we were taken to view these petroglyphs and they are cut into the canyon walls not painted on. They are more than 10,000 years old.. Have a look online there are pics of those and many others.. No just in USA but in Tibet, Asia europe.. At those times we can only speculate as to quite what the glyphs show but they are really popular with literally millions of tourists. They have been subject to scrutuny by the most respected experts..
As to the art work of Erik Von Whatsisface sorry I cannot see the spelling, I have never heard of him. Buy the fact I have not heard of him does not invalidate his work. Why? Because I hope I am open minded enough to look at all points of view.

I just googled UTAH Petroglypks images and got dozens of pictures from there and all over the world, have a look..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 28 Nov 2018 21:52

Actually the person who wrote my Ancient China book has taken a very academic, balanced approach and looks at alternative explanations. It is not saying that immaculate conception is possible or that this definitely is what happened, but pointing out the cross-cultural comparison. I doubt that the Incas went to China, read the stories and saw the pictures and then thought 'let's go back and write these up in our own language and make copies of these pictures'.

I would like to know how it happened. I'm not 100% sold on it being aliens who have flown from far away galaxies. I am also open to the possibility of an ancient advanced civilisation from Earth being responsible for some of these things.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 28 Nov 2018 22:04

Well, before the poor old aliens got the blame for everything, people used to think it was the Atlantians. So you never know Tea, you may be onto something!

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 28 Nov 2018 22:49

Ok Juno go and look at my 'Glyphs' ....
Tea whenyou say Ummaculate conception.. isn't this today know as IVF and GIFT.. So maybe the aliens where techically advanced in that kind of science..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 28 Nov 2018 23:08

Could be.....could be.....in the Ancient Chinese version the lady was entered by a beam of light and this is why I say very much like the classic Bible story; 'divine' visitor with a message, bright light, baby born. However the Ancient China story didn't result in baby who became 'messiah' and apparently was monstrously ugly.

The writer is even translating and examining the syntax to look at possible explanations.

I've still not gotten to the bit about the underground city which is apparently known about but the Chinese government will not allow study of it.

Also interesting in terms of the geographical areas; China, Egypt, Turkey, Northern South America, Utah..... all quite warm areas.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 29 Nov 2018 01:55

O.K. Bluey, I have had a look at the petroglyphs. I have also seen tonight's episode of Ancient Aliens.
There was a suggestion that important people - tribal elders or an important family or clan would try to make themselves look more important by practising skull deformations, indulging in body art or in the case of the petroglyphs wearing costumes which included head-dresses or helmets with horns on, attaching sticks to their bodies, wearing big cloaks and generally trying to make themselves look more imposing and I can see that reflected in these drawings. The interesting thing is, why? who where they trying to imitate? one answer is indeed Extraterrestrials! :eek:
They also mentioned space vampires and Poseidon's children who where basically amphibians - so maybe from outer space, but equally - a race of sea people from our own oceans?! :o Then there were the red haired giants from Nevada who the native Americans trapped in a cave, fired arrows at them and then set the cave alight! - friendly people those indians! :hyper:

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Nov 2018 18:46

:lol: The Red Haired giants in Nevada.. Maybe these were infact a genus of Sasquatch and the natives were scared of them so knew they lived in caves etc so attempted to eradicate them by the only weapons available at the time.. Nevada is Navejo lands and I have visited there twice and they have always been so welcoming.. But who ia to say what fears their ancestors had thousands of years earlier.. Glad you had a look at the glyphs, I found them to be very interesting.. But its getting harder for me now to see as much detail in them.. There will always be very many unanswered questions.. Thats what makes it interesting..

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Nov 2018 18:58

Tea,I have yet to visit china and I probably won't now as its unrelable long haul by dodgey airlines.. I would have been interested in seeing the Terracotta warriors but I'm sure I read somewhere that there would be an exhibition of a few of those coming to London at some point.. I am not wanting to walk the Great Wall :lol:

Re The Biblical events of note, I still think God was an astronaut :lol: Moses 'decending on a burning bush!! ' More like an off planet visitor decending with a jet pack and fireing his retro rockets to achieve a soft landing.. Bearing a book of rules ie Tablet..

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 29 Nov 2018 19:54

I think it was Graham Hancock 'Magicians of the Gods' who had accounts of Jesus being very tall and red haired. Just like Viracoca who visited the Incas. They also found red haired mummies in China and Egypt.

Now if they have mummies and can test a tooth for isotopes it can give an indication of where they have originated from. They do it at the CAHID. If they found unknown indicators I suppose it wouldn't definitely be alien though, Ancient lost pre-civilisation could be unknown as well.

I think I would like these ancient aliens programmes.