What makes people interested in ghosts etc??

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

What makes people interested in ghosts etc??

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Oct 2018 11:53

I was talking with friends in the pub last night and we got onto the subject of Ghosts and spirits.. Some of my friends then adnitted that they were sceptical then some said 'When you are dead that it'. Yet these people then adnitted that their son who was living in Bradford was very interested in paranormal investigation.. Then one of the others daughter who was with us said she felt there was something as too much is unexplained.
So their offspring formed their own mind set as to what to believe..

The ones who do not have any belief in spirit said their reason was, cos they had not experienced anything..

Well I said 'If you were open minded and more approachable, maybe you would experience something.. T
hey then said, they didn't want anything to approach them :ghost: . They did not believe that the ability to see, sense spirit actually runs down a family line.. So if your parents didn't believe they would suppress their childrens experiances by saying 'Its your imagination..
:D But they still both had their son and daughter tell them they were 'Aware' and very interested inspirit / ghosts etc..

So come on lets have some feedback..

Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne
Great Britain

Post by Sherryanne » 26 Oct 2018 14:50

Obviously children are initially influenced by their own parents thoughts and beliefs. But I would think that for most children that when they get older and think for themselves then they will perhaps judge more on their own experiences - if they have any. If they are strictly brought up in none belief then they may put anything unusual down to imagination or coincidence, unless it is something especially significant.

My mum was always a big believer in spirits and afterlife, though she kept ghosty things to herself whilst we kids were very young. When she joined the army and was posted to Egypt she was ordained in Christianity and she took some beliefs from all religions. However, she had her own mind and this was that there is an afterlife and spirit world, so she didn't follow a religion but knew a good amount about them.

My dad was also open minded and didn't bond to any particular religion - just his own thoughts. When us kids were late junior school/secondary school ages we would often have a 'what's life all about?' chat of a Sunday afternoon after dinner (and he had had a few pints at the local lols) These were very interesting and thought provoking discussions. I think my brothers and I were so lucky to have had such open minded parents who basically allowed us to believe what we felt right with.

I have come from believing in Church of England beliefs, to spiritual type belief, to not believing at all and then back to spiritual. The not believing anything at all did not last long. Maybe a few weeks. It just was not right.

Although I have not had the evidences that Blt has, where she can be in daily contact with spirit, I have had some very strong evidences throughout my life. I can go a long time in between these evidences but as I get older I would say they are more frequent.

So, in answer to the question - Yes kids can be influenced by their parents beliefs but anyone with a mind of their own will eventually believe what they feel is right, especially if they have their own evidences.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Oct 2018 16:37

Absolutetly.. I recall my atheist dad being admitted to hospital for a valve replacement, he told them he was Cof E!! I said News to me and he said.. 'It never hurts to have insurance'..
So it seems some only turn to christianity or other beliefs when they think they are ni danger..

Othersthink people should be labeled, one of my mates said a few days earlier that he couldn't understand his son his flesh and blood suddenly becoming a 'Spritual nut!! Oi I said you can't label people by their ideas that differ from yours.. How woild you like people referring to you as a 'Lapsed catholic ex altar boy :lol:
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne
Great Britain

Post by Sherryanne » 26 Oct 2018 19:18

Lols!! I bet that pleased you friend!

My mum once said, 'Everyone believes in God when they are dying'.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 26 Oct 2018 20:26

I've always loved mysteries since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Anything historical (underground cities, mythology, how rituals developed, how ancient monuments were built, how the Dogon and Maya had astrological knowledge seemingly beyond their capabilities....). I'm just one of those curious people that does a lot of wondering and asking questions and I don't think I'll ever grow out of it.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Oct 2018 22:24

Well if you don't ask you won't learn anything.. I like that too. When I went to Egypt and we had an Egyptologist as a tour guide, we learned so much more on that trip..