CARD READINGS.

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Sherryanne
Great Britain

CARD READINGS.

Post by Sherryanne » 22 Oct 2018 15:29

I am being bought some oracle cards - nice surprise, They haven't arrived yet, but I always get this mixed up. Hoping you can help me Blt - as I know I asked you about this before some time ago, but I have forgotten as I haveNn't done this for a while.

Is it just I who handles the cards? Do I shuffle them and tell the person wanting the reading to tell me when to stop before I lay out the cards?

In the past I have asked them to shuffle my old pack and when they are ready to deal out their three cards. I then take over and give the reading with the help of my little book!

It's just it seems they are doing all the handling of my cards - is this the right way to do it?

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 22 Oct 2018 21:12

Ok, Whenyou get your cards,they come with a little book if they are new.. You will needto read the book but I know the print on those books are microscopic, so no good for me. So if it wasme, I would have to read them 'Intuitively'. If you are doing a reading for someone, give them the pack to shuffle first ok. Then the sitter, the one who the reading is for, divides the pack into 3 piles.. Then you ask them to touch which of the 3 piles they want to work with.

So its like a mini deck you then pick up the indicateddeck and fan out the cars face down on the table, then say you are doing the 3 card Past , Present and future. Your sitterselects a catd and places it face up. Repeating for the pther 2 cards.. So now you have 3 cards in a line face up. The first card is read which is read if its an Oracle or Angel card and it is for Inspiration. Reapeatwith the second card which is the Present and lastly the futre.. You can ask a question for the future card, eg Will I be moving house, finding anew love etc..

That kind of thing.. There are different spreads of different number of cards etc.. The spread patterns will be in the little book.

Ho[pe this is helpful. After the reading replace the whole pack into the box, somepeople like to wrap the pack in a silk scarf.. Keep it safe.. The cards are for you to use, so you shouldn't really lend them out.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne
Great Britain

Post by Sherryanne » 23 Oct 2018 16:20

Thanks Blt - that's a great help.

I don't ever lend my cards out, but do occasionally read for a few friends if they ask. I just got confused with the handling part of the cards and who does what with the shuffling. I have written this down so I don't forget until I get properly into it. Thanks again!.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Oct 2018 19:27

Ok No probs, though I would have just printed it off,if you got a printer of course. I have one but rarely use it.
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne
Great Britain

Post by Sherryanne » 23 Oct 2018 20:23

I thought exactly the same thing when I was writing it. I do like to make extra work for myself lols.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 23 Oct 2018 20:50

Do you cleanse with sunlight or moonlight? I was originally told moonlight but then someone explained that some people favour sunlight as it has different properties.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Oct 2018 21:48

Téa wrote:
23 Oct 2018 20:50
Do you cleanse with sunlight or moonlight? I was originally told moonlight but then someone explained that some people favour sunlight as it has different properties.
Hi Tea pardon the pun :lol: I assume you speak of Crystals.. I keep my crystals in a box away from any electrical source.. I am told Moodlight is good, but some crystals are water soluble like for example Selanite wands aka Gypsum and if it rains overnight, they will partially dissolve.
Sunlight in a wibdow is possible.. With the non soluble ones theycan be placed in a beaker of water over night and the water action will create an essence that can then be sprayed in the room or in the non poisenous onesa few drops can be added to a glass of water and drank.. Cannot say I have tried that..

What ever you do,do not make an infusionof Malakite as its poisenous..

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 24 Oct 2018 06:24

No I was honestly taught that with cards they can be cleansed in moonlight and then met someone who told me that sunlight is their choice because they thought it was better. I know a Roma lady who stores hers with a quartz crystal, maybe it is cultural differences.

Topic author
Sherryanne
Great Britain

Post by Sherryanne » 24 Oct 2018 14:24

Interesting! I have not heard of cards being cleansed in the way of moonlight or sunshine. I keep mine in a cupboard in a bedroom so if I remember next full moon I shall put them on the windowsill. But better than that - on sunny days I get a lot of sun in that back window so it might be easier to place them on the windowsill in the day. Thanks.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Oct 2018 16:56

I have a tarot pack but have not used it on years.. It's looking like a full moon at the moment, it was so bright last nightI couldn't sleep. I think its all about peronal choice.. Puting a quartz crystal on the pack might just be a healing thing... as quartz is that kind of crystal be in white or pink.