Signs They Are Still Around

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Signs They Are Still Around

Post by Sherryanne » 07 Nov 2017 13:01

It will be three years this Saturday since my beautiful mum left this world. She saw many family from the afterlife during her last three weeks. What she said gave her family great comfort.

On the first year anniversary week we had a poppy painting I had done fall from the wall and land across her photo below it. It had not done this before and it has not done it since. There were other things on the cabinet where mum's photo stood but it didn't knock anything over. The poppy was significant being Remembrance Day and mum had also been in the forces and was passionate about it.

Nothing unusual happened on her last anniversary. I am wondering if it will this year.

At the moment I am having help with a touch of agrophobia and yesterday I was just about ready to go up town om my own - first time in nearly two years - and as I glanced out of the front window there was a Robin sat on the fence. I felt it was mum telling me she was coming with me and it made me smile.

Has anyone lost someone and had any signs around the anniversary week?

bluelighttouch

Re: Signs They Are Still Around

Post by bluelighttouch » 07 Nov 2017 15:56

I think certain things that happen in our lives remind us of our friends and loved ones who have passed. I personally donot think a picture falling off a wall is significant to me, but for you it might be, as everyones perceptions are different. I know that vibrations cause photos in frames to slip down as I can see my graduation pic from here has slipped. I had noisy neighbour running up and down the stairs from next door.. Things fell over a lot :lol: I used to tie a piece of fishing line across the backof a picture if I didn't have the proper wire hanging kit. I found that the plastic/ nylon line biodegrades and then the weight of the picture breaks the line..

But as to positive signs.. I have found on two separate occasions a new white feather... I know it wasn't there the day before.. It was stck to the edge of a wax mould of my deceased parters hand..
I have also found a card from him saying Thank you, that appeared next to the armchair he always sat in.. It had not been there when I had vacced the carpet the day before... I kept a lot of reminders of my mum too, like chistmas and birthday cards, Valentine cards even.. That kind of draws them closer at certain times of the year..

So 'Signs' as such are personal and other people have differing views but it is what gives you comfort that makes the difference.. :hug:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Pit

Post by Pit » 10 Nov 2017 15:45

The only thing I experienced that I thought was something:
I don't remember how long after my grandma's death it was, but I'd say no longer than 2 years. I had my light off (I didn't normally have my light off but had been doing so for a week or two by then) and my TV on when I heard a strange noise. The noise stopped when I turned on my light. I had figured out it was a toy bird my grandma had given to me a while ago. However the batteries had been long dead and it was button operated with the buttons having no way of being pushed. It freaked me out and I moved the bird into my kitchen in one of the seats and it stayed there until my dad found it.
I later told my wyccan friend about this and she said it was probably my grandma just poppin' in to let me know she was alright.
:ghost2: I know there's more that's out there :ghost2:

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Nov 2017 14:26

WellIam wondering what your dads opinion on this was?? Dads arenot all that good at reassuring their children.. I have know tvs turnon, lights flash and broken clock start to chime again , so why not. Spirit activity is made up of Energy.. Theyuse the energy to show their presence so why not.. Think about all the incidents of paranormalinvestigations andpeople trying to record event and... the batteries Drain!! They have used that energy..
So itis possible.. :)
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Pit

Post by Pit » 11 Nov 2017 15:19

I never told him why the bird was in the kitchen or anything, it was his mom so I didn't really wanna upset him
:ghost2: I know there's more that's out there :ghost2:

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 12 Nov 2017 13:52

That's interesting Pit and does sound like spirit/grandma was trying to make themselves known.

When my kids were older junior school age they were playing in one of their bedrooms when an old tape recorder turned itself on (I don't know whether it was the radio part or the tape part that was playing) but there weren't any batteries inside and it wasn't plugged in so it shouldn't have happened.
My son once saw a pen drop into the same room out of nowhere and it was hot when he picked it up. I think it was a simple biro - nothing out of the ordinary in the pen and it was like some we had at the time.

I wasn't told anything about these events at the time. My kids told me when they were much older.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Nov 2017 01:09

Anything that appears like that pen, isknown as an Apport it can be anything and it is significant that it wasHot too. a lot of apports resemble melted glass.. They are quite rare.. SoIhope they kept thepen..

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 13 Nov 2017 18:38

The kids were too young to realise the importance of the pen when it happened. Tbh I wouldn't have understood it either, although obviously we all would have known it was odd and probably paranormal.

It wasn't the only apport to happen upstairs in our house. I think I told you when I first joined about the large hair grip which I found on my daughter's windowsill when she was around 14. This was a clip like my gran used and my gran had been passed some 19/20 years ago. I remember feeling shocked and a little shaken at the time. I woke my daughter and asked her where she had got the clip from and she was as surprised as I was by the sight of it. At the time I had never heard of apports but I did think my gran must have paid a visit and left it.

It was very special when I look back. I used to put clips in my daughter's hair every morning before she went to school. She wore the popular style at the time with the front of her hair up and the length at the back down. The large clip was amongst the normal size one. It looked exactly the same but much larger. I wish I had made sure to keep it but life was hectic back then and I didn't have the time to look into things like I have since getting older.