Thoughts On what you believe the Afterlife is like...

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Thoughts On what you believe the Afterlife is like...

Post by Sherryanne » 20 Jul 2017 15:35

Do you have any thoughts on what the Afterlife is like?

When I was little I probably believed it was like floating about on white clouds or an existence in sun filled fields.

As I got older I questioned it more and what I thought feasible for eternity!

Eternity is a long, long time to get your head around!

Anyway after having read and researched many books I find that my thoughts go along the lines of it not being too different an existence from what we have now. But we won't have to suffer illness and bodily restrictions like we do now. And we won't have all the problems that money brings either.

I think for most people passing over into a completely different existence would be too much of a change for our minds to cope with. I would think we still suffer emotionally, otherwise we would be like robots. We'll still feel concern and have feelings for those we have left behind on earth and the problems on the earth.

We won't have to eat and drink but if we wanted to we could. We just wouldn't need to do it to survive.

We will still be able to enjoy the pastimes we did here.

I don't think we will automatically know everything upon being 'dead' but we will know much more about our existence than we do now.

And I think that we will have the option of moving on to higher levels with different existences that most of us couldn't imagine right now.

So all in all, like here but without the wars hatred and the evil that ego, money and illness bring. We will still have a purpose, a role/job to do and much more learning to do.

I think we have the option to reincarnate. I don't think it's compulsory. I hope not as I wouldn't want to come back to this place, that's for sure lols.

junoomaha

Re: Thoughts On what you believe the Afterlife is like...

Post by junoomaha » 20 Jul 2017 22:13

Good question Sherryanne. I think one must look at what life is for, to answer at least in part, what ''after-life'' is. The main function of particulate matter in the universe is to pass on information. At a sub-atomic level that information concerns things like wavelength, colour, mass, position, direction, and such like. At a human level it would be experience, reaction, knowledge, connection and influence. On an after-life level I guess it would be an extension of the aforementioned but at a group level. You are not just a set of fixed sub-atomic particles but an ever changing array of particles. The you of today is not the you of yesterday nor the you of tomorrow, but all the ''yous'' that have existed. How have you influenced those around you and how have they influenced you? so the after-life ''you'' would be a combination of all of the yous and maybe a conflagration of all the people you have met and known. So you would be but a cell in a multi-cellular spectral organism, a super-human of which you are just a cog but a significant cog none the less. :)

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 21 Jul 2017 12:26

Great answer there Juno! I did read it twice lols. The scientific part of our existence really interests me. But I find I can't seem to hold onto that information like I used, which is rather annoying and frustrating tbh.

I was thinking about something I once read that I find quite immense to get my head around - maybe some wouldn't - but when you really think about it .....

We are only ever in the present, never in the past nor the future. Personally that concept can mean so many things that make my mind boggle. Apologies if I am not making myself clear or you think I have gone off my head lols.

'Time' or our idea of time is what I am trying to get across.

It's like when we dream. We can dream of an experience, like going on holiday, the journey, things we do throughout the day and even go into the next day or longer, yet we have been dreaming only a matter of minutes and experienced all of that. I suppose the possibilities are many.

Do you think that we meet up with passed loved ones on the other side - if we are on the same level?

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 21 Jul 2017 20:33

The whole concept of afterlifeis a difficult one.. We all percieve it as something different..

Its not black & white, neither is it set in stone, it is all things to all manner of the human race the animal kingdom and even extra terrestrial beings .. the possibilities are infinite. We have millions nay trillions of people and other mammals etc that have been born and die etc..
Yet very few people who possess the means to communicate with Spirit on a particular plane or vibration..

Yes there are Fakes about as it any walk of life.. But consider this, if you recieve a message from someone who you know that has left this life.. If you recieve evidence that is very specifc that only you can confirm, if you have memories of that departed soul that has been related to you, when you have never laid eyes of this Medium before, how do you explain it.. Can you explain it to others can you refute hard evidence.. Well I am a sceptical believer.. I do not accept that everything is a spirit of ghostie.. Ilook for logic first.
But when you recieved informationis so specific, you have to wonder... I have had a lot of experiences of both sides, both as a Sitter and that of a Medium.
Only last month Ihad 2 readings, one was bookedandthat one was a 30 minute session and I have it recorded..

The second one was by the same Medium working witit another Medium who is also a Psychic Artist..
The reading was public and was very very accurate.. The Person they brought forward was not known to any one present except myself.. Yet this Medium gave hit after hit never put a foot wrong..To me it was amazing proof because of what was relayed....Any Yes towards the end I was sitting there in tears... Surriuned by people who cared, not Sub Atomic particles.. The person who came through died july 15th 2016...So this was good timimng.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 21 Jul 2017 21:18

The whole point about experience is that we can only remember so much, our brains sort out that which we need to know (to survive and propagate) from that which is not needed (via dreams.) But everything we have been subject to, whether necessary for survival or not still exists, always happened, so when we die everything that has made us what we are, whether consciously remembered or not, is sorted, sifted and assembled with everything that those we have known, met or been associated with into a collective narrative, a mega-human of which we are all just a part. So we can ''pick up on'' information about other people, living or dead, as if we are ''mediums'' because they are, were or will be, part of us, collective memory. Carl Gustav Jung's collective subconscious.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 22 Jul 2017 19:22

But I cannot believe everything because Carl Jung says so..
Sometimes we have to believe in ourselves, our own intuition and combine it will our own experience.. It depends on our upbringing and if we were allowed to explore belief systems or if one had religous stuff jammed down our throats like some poor kids...
I was never bullied by Nuns like some of my friends were.. I was free to make my own mind up about 'Life, the Universe and everything.. 'Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy Marvin the depressed android.. Life , don't talk to me about life! I'm so bored, I could expectorate'... :thumbsup:
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 23 Jul 2017 20:58

Blt - I like that expression - Sceptical Believer!

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I look at all possibilities for incidents first before making a decision on the possible outcome. I have days where I find it extremely difficult to accept we live on after death. In the cold light of day when we are busy doing whatever we do and the thought pops into my mind of an afterlife it is hard to imagine.

At those times I look back at what I have experienced and can't find a logical answer for. This usually puts me back on track. And I have had some spiritual moments which I treasure and am thankful for.

Juno - with your explanation I am assuming that you are describing us and our existence as coming from the 'Source'. Where parts of the source break free and go on to have a physical experience of life before returning to the source. Thus us all being part of the source, the one 'mind' so to speak?

It's something to ponder and boggle the brain lols. I have thought about this a lot and am not sure exactly what I think about it. I wouldn't rule it out but it does complicate matters when I think about lost loved ones. Like, will we actually see each other as individuals and who cared about each other?. Are we still individual after we pass or do we forget each other and become of the 'one mind'?

I hope the latter is not the case. In fact thinking about that I feel disloyal to the signs I have been given during my life.

There are so many different beliefs.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 24 Jul 2017 19:57

Im not sure if there is an afterlife or not, but I think that fluffy clouds and angels would get boring. I think that if there is an afterlife, it would be more like what we have now, but better, with plenty of things to do and good entertainment (maybe all of the celebrities who died are still making movies and writing songs in the afterlife). Eternity in fluffy cloud heaven would seem like hell after too long, but if there's plenty to do, it would be more fun.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Jul 2017 23:43

:lol: Fluffy cloud and Anhels I would find hard to even consider :lol:
Iused to say that what with all the great Rock musicians that have gone before, that would be 'Super group paradise'..
Ido not think it is aphysicalplace really, no more that 'Dantes Inferno'..
Maybe more of a Time warp sortof thing where only certaintimes do things co incide with our vibrational level.. Not everyone can tune in to this, no everyone can see or hear this interaction.. Not everyone believes in the possibility.. But they may be something to it in some form..
Not everyone can access the Akashic records too..