Was this a message?

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Was this a message?

Post by Sherryanne » 27 Jun 2017 13:39

In the early months after my died I found these words going on in my head and I would shout them out when I was alone. 'Where are you?'

I really needed to know she still existed somewhere so I will one day be able to see her again.

One time when this happened I was very upset, lots of tears. And a song came into my head and wouldn't go.

This is the song - a hymn actually.

When a knight won his spurs in the stories of old
He was gentle and brave he was gallant and bold
With a shield on his arm and a lance in his hand
For God and for valour he rode through the land

No charger have I, and no sword by my side
Yet still to adventure and battle I ride
Though back into storyland giants have fled
And the knights are no more and the dragons are dead

Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Against the dragons of anger the ogres of greed
And let me set free with the sword of my youth
From the castle of darkness the power of the truth

I thought about these words and found they sent a personal message. Anyone reading this might not understand it but I will explain. You still might not understand it. But the important thing is that I do.

Mum was telling me about old stories, giants and dragons, which are meant to be mythical. Mum was a wonderful story teller and once wrote a fairy tale series for the telephone story time. I felt she was telling me of the many stories of life of which on earth we don't know the truth. That whilst on earth we search for the truth and now she is in the afterlife and knows the truth she still has adventure and life to experience but she knows there aren't any monsters and myths to be scared of or earthly worries. That she has been set free back to her youth and from the castle of darkness, (The earth) and is now within the power of the truth.

It calmed me and I felt I had sort of been given an answer :)

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Was this a message?

Post by kayls » 27 Jun 2017 19:38

Maybe its a message :) You never know :)

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 27 Jun 2017 21:21

Sherry if you draw comvort from it that is good.. I cannot say I have had a message in that way..
We all get certian melodies on our brains some times, this is how advertising jingles work..
I have songs in my head that were sung around the fire pit in ceremony, but they were not a message, just repetative to us.. It is more for you as you can connect with the content... Was it something your mum might sing??
Messages come in many forms so if you felt comfort from it thats good...

My partner had a dreadful voice he just couldn't sing in key so he tried and every time someone got into a heated argument of difference of opinion, he would attempt to sing a few lines from a song from the kids movie 'Frozen'...
It was 'Let it go, let it go, cos I am one with the wind and snow'. Everytime I hear it I hear him sining it off key and laugh!! So maybe that is his way of letting me know he is still around.. :hug:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 28 Jun 2017 08:16

I do like to think it was a message Kayls and BLT :) It does help my emotions.

Blt that is a good memory of your partner singing the Frozen song and could well be him putting it into your mind. It makes you smile, doesn't it!

When mum first died I had lots of songs going on in my head. Mum used to sing a lot - mostly with the wrong words and her voice was about as good as mine, if you get my drift lols. I could even hear her brother, passed too, singing songs. Some hymns, though he wasn't religious, but he did have a deep bartome voice and obviously enjoyed putting his all into them. In fact I have often had bouts of songs coming into my thoughts that I wouldn't sing but it's like I can hear their voices in my mind - not actually hear them.

A few weeks after mum died I was sat parked up in the car whilst hubby called into a shop. A song came on the radio by Rod Stewart. It seemed to go on for ever and as soon as the music started I felt it meant something from mum. It is a song I have heard but it had no meaning and I didn't even know many of the words. But the chorus goes something along the lines of;

The rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum and the words I love you rolling off my tongue.
So never will I roam cause I know my place is home and where the ocean meets the sky I'll be waiting.

It was those words that really got me. Before mum died she kept saying she wanted to go 'home'. (Heaven) She said it was the real home. So I imagined she was saying she knows she's in the right place but she will be waiting where the ocean meets the sky to greet me one day.

I couldn't stop crying. The song would not leave me and it went on the rest of the morning and afternoon. I was walking about with tears streaming down my face and couldn't understand it. My mind kept going over and over. Then it suddenly came to me. This wasn't for me - it was for my dad!!

Mum and dad had a unique love story and mum was very proud of it. She was also a very protective and possessive woman where he was concerned. Thus, The rhythm of my heart is beating live a drum, and the words I love you rolling off my tongue'. This was very apt for them.

I felt mum was telling me I had to write the words down for my dad. I remembered I had made some bookmarks months ago and I thought that would be ideal. There was one bookmark. White background with a beautiful blue heart at the top. At the bottom was the word LOVE in the same blue. I wrote the chorus words between them and took it round to Dad. I told him the story and he cried and truly believed it was right. He treasured the bookmark and put it in a Bible he had been given by his grandparents when he was a young boy. I have it now, along with the bookmark which meant so much to him.

The When A Knight Won His Spurs song is not one I have sung since school days. It isn't something you hear now but when I think back I feel I have heard mum sing it before. I am not sure. But I know what you mean. Adverts can come on and a bit of the song can stay in your head and you don't always realise where it came from until you hear the advert.

It may be a case of wanting to believe it - I am not sure - but it feels like messages to me. :) In fact yesterday afternoon I found the song Strangers In The Night playing through my mind. It came from out of nowhere. That was mum and dad's song when they first met. And it's one I get mixed up with Some Enchanted Evening. Which I accidently had played at their 60th wedding celebrations by mistake lols.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Jun 2017 17:34

I hope you continue to have lovely memories of thosewho have gone before...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 29 Jun 2017 18:33

Thank you Blt. x

cindy

Post by cindy » 01 Sep 2017 23:16

Sherryanne wrote:
27 Jun 2017 13:39

"When a knight won his spurs in the stories of old
He was gentle and brave he was gallant and bold
With a shield on his arm and a lance in his hand
For God and for valour he rode through the land

No charger have I, and no sword by my side
Yet still to adventure and battle I ride
Though back into storyland giants have fled
And the knights are no more and the dragons are dead

Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Against the dragons of anger the ogres of greed
And let me set free with the sword of my youth
From the castle of darkness the power of the truth

It calmed me and I felt I had sort of been given an answer :)"

I can see where the poem would lead you to see how death is related to it. I agree about that.
Good job. I really enjoyed reading your post :)

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 02 Sep 2017 16:51

Hi Cindy - pleased to meet you in here!

Yes, I do feel it was a message from my mum. After she passed - three years this November- I found myself constantly saying out loud whenever I was alone 'Where are you?' I did this a lot. I was really upset and I got that song going round in my head. I didn't know where it came from. I remember singing it at school and do think my mum sang it at some point but it had no particular meaning.

When this had been going on and on I suddenly thought I needed to really listen to the words and I realised it could well be mum trying to tell me where she is. The words made personal sense to me.