Being Sensitive.

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Being Sensitive.

Post by Sherryanne » 09 Apr 2017 20:23

As the years have gone on I have always known I am sensitive. But is this just me being sensitive or am I a sensitive?

When things happen to people it's like I take on their feelings. Not only do I feel for them in deep empathy but I also am fearful of things happening to me or people I love.

When I feel like this for someone I cannot shake the emotions off. I am tearful and I want to make everything right for them. I feel it is my job and responsibility to make things ok for them and to make them feel better. I feel like this to the extent that I feel physically and emotionally ill. It drains me so much.

Is this me being a sensitive person or am I a sensitive?

I just wish I didn't feel so deeply the hurt of others. As I get older it has taken its toll on my health. And now I feel selfish for feeling like it.

bluelighttouch

Re: Being Sensitive.

Post by bluelighttouch » 09 Apr 2017 23:00

You pose an interesting dilemma.. I think being Sensitive and Being 'A Sensitive' are completely different, not related at all.. In the recent turn of events, emotions run high and you would be Insensative if you felt nothing... Feelins are what make us human...

You cannot take on the troubles of others, or it will make you ill. tTis is not what a Sensative does..

A Sensativeis generally related to Spirit detection, ie entering a building and immeadiately feeling a strong presence.. If it is not under control some Sensative feel sick and some vomit.. Can be rathe inconvienient at times lol.

An Empathit a broader meaning.. It is a bit like sympathy but you feel it more deeply..

We all react differently to different situations... But you have to learn to take a step back, realise that you are not a Counsellor, you are something more useful, you are a friend.. So do what any good friend would do and that means being strong in a difficult situation.. Not taking the World upon your shoulders.. After all, you are only Human.. Yes be sympathetic, but some people do not want people to treat them differently.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 10 Apr 2017 09:16

Thanks for this insight!

I am not a sensitive according to what you have said. Just a sensitive and emphatic person.

I really do need to get this in check.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 10 Apr 2017 12:55

:lol: No I think you have a sympathetic ear..
you haave a lovely good kind heart and people seek you out to tell their troubles to you.. The reason being they are listened to.

Being 'sensitive to spirt' is something like this scenario..

I was invited to a venue by a friend who ran a paranormal investigaion group.. I had with me a friend who was convinced that he was a'Sensative'.. Anyway we were not given any information about the place or its history.. As I entered the hotel room, first I was aware of a change in the room, I was aware that there was a distinct change on the right side of the room. The atmosphere was 'prickly', with Static electricity.. Had I an EMF meter it would have also noticed the shift, but I did not need one.. I ould also smelladamp musty smell with an odd sort of scent.
I moved away from the entrance so my friend wouldn't be impeeded.. I approached the bed and got a feeling that a woman paced up and down here to looked out of the french windows, which opened onto a long balcony terrace. The woman would stand at the end of the balcony looking for a man.. It was not unusual for her figure to be observed wearing period dress..going back to the 1700's.. Actually the room is known as the D' Haviland suite..

We spent about 10 minutes in the room area and my friend felt Anxiety, cold shivers and the hairs rose on the back of his neck..He knew there was something, but he couldn't say what exactly.. He may well have more experience now..

The Paranormal investigator was able to confirm my findings.. He was also able to add that the woman was waiting for her lover, who failed to return to her and that she was so distressed she looked for him constantly..
The venue is still active...It was an old coaching Inn that had in its time been used as the local assizes..It was and remains very active.
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 10 Apr 2017 15:47

I see what you mean Blt about the difference of being sensitive and being a sensitive lols.

I have not had that experience - only maybe on a very much lighter scale. Like not liking the feel of a room or place, but I can't say why.

My daughter is definitely sensitive. Reading what you put I remember some years ago we went to Longleat Zoo. We went into the house and my daughter sensed someone as we walked about. She even said a name. We walked into another room and there was a large painting of a woman with the same name who'd lived there many years before.

I have to say I didn't take much notice of her lols - but it did happen.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 10 Apr 2017 20:21

I have never been there either..