Energy Vampires are real..

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Energy Vampires are real..

Post by bluelighttouch » 15 Mar 2017 16:49

I bet we have all at one time been a victim of this, even if you never actually put a name to the phenomena..
Have you noticed that there may be people in your life both professionally and privately that ask you to help them in some way.. So you try to help them and the more you try, the mmore needy and demanding they become..... I have as a Therapistfound this over the years, so I can recognise it and then distance myself from them... The problem is, if you are not aware of this and you keep trying to help but they keep on and on at you.. This is the time to walk away....

Why you might say? Well honestly if you don't they will feed off your essential energy and you will feel Frained and exhausted and depressed.. So do not be a victom.. Often the person doing this does not realise that they are doing this to the detriment to others..

I am fortunate in that I can refer them on to a GP for an assessment, but those of you not in that position will have to make a concious effort to distance yourself from them.. Better you lose a demanding friend than 'lose your marble thru stress :lol:

AmI right :lol:.. :angel:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Re: Energy Vampires are real..

Post by Sherryanne » 16 Mar 2017 13:58

I have heard of this before actually.

If the person who is the 'vampire' isn't aware of it what should we do? I find it hard to walk away from anyone in trouble as I'm a natural helper. What affects me is when I offer to help and they push me away only to then want me back again as though nothing was ever wrong. I then don't know where I am with them, especially when the next problem arises and I am feeling drained again. Not because of their problem but because they seem to take out their dark mood on me and make me feel it's my fault when I know it isn't. What a strange world we live in lols.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 16 Mar 2017 18:50

You are describing exactly the effect that is the result of feeling 'Drained' sapped if you will by their effect on you.. I have been on the recieving end of this too and it will make you feel exhausted and it affects your immune system making you more likey to suffer physical illness your self.. So in that scenario, for your own self preservation you need to distance your self from them.. Not for ever, but for a time.. It isnot something that has an instant fix..

Often the person involved knowsthey are like this and so we say they have'Insight ' into the problem, that makes it possible for them to recognise and change their behaviour.. The hardest part is when they do not have 'Insight' and blame those around them for their situation.. at this stage they need professional help as this is indicating an emerging 'Psychosis'..

For me it is a while since I dealt Professionally with this kind of thing, but I am still able to recognise the signs.. I honestly would not recommend that you try amd broach the subject with any specific person, purely because of the fact theymay reactbadly towards you, or become evenmore demanding and clingy toeards you.. I have had experience of this andrea;;y its best to let their gp refer then on...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 16 Mar 2017 21:13

Thanks for the advice. It does sound right, especially the psychosis.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Mar 2017 09:44

I'msure that once you walk away from this distressing situation, you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted from you.. I had to do this recently myself and it took me 3 months to get over it all.. But I am so glad that I was able to recognise the signs and act on it before the situation could get any worse..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 17 Mar 2017 15:23

It's certainly taught me something to be aware of. I feel like I have been dragged through an hedge backwards lols. Hopefully things are set in the right direction now, but yes, I am expecting it could take time to get right.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Mar 2017 17:23

Its takenme nearly 4 months to rid myself of one of these types of people..It was hard initially but I had to do it and I am so glad that I did...You will be too..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 17 Mar 2017 20:45

Cheers Blt - I'm sure I will x

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Mar 2017 01:25

You are stronger than you think you are its just their actions dented your confidence..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Mar 2017 09:38

Thanks, I think so too after yesterday!