Remember Lesley Smith...

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Remember Lesley Smith...

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Dec 2016 21:34

Curator and historian of Tutbury Castle in Staffordshire..Last we heard was a year ago or more when poor newly wed Lesley was diagnosed with Cancer described as being advanced...
Well all power to her it seems she has fought back and is back at work at the castle. She has a full program of events next year, Talk, Ghost Walks and suppers.. I am so pleased to see her looking fit and well.. Great news.. The first on in 2017 is a Ghost Walk with a prewalk supper of a Jacket Potato before setting off.. Its starts at 0830pm with the mealand then carries on until 1am... Exhausting work so she must be well and its only £20 a ticket...
Its a pity theres no transport info but no car and exciting the castle at 1am in winter is not a viable thing for me.. :) :ghost:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Re: Remember Lesley Smith...

Post by Sherryanne » 24 Dec 2016 10:25

I remember Lesley Smith and found her to be a very likable woman who can make whatever she talks about sound so interesting.

I hadn't known she had been poorly so I am now pleased to hear she is battling on and obviously doing well. I wish her well in her recovery.

My daughter lives only around a 20 minute drive to Tutbury and a few years ago she went with her partner and friends for a picnic in the castle grounds. Lesley was there and she spoke to her group and proved to be a lovely friendly lady.

The walk sounds brilliant but I am not keen on walking about in the cold lols. Had it been summer I would have thought about it.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 24 Dec 2016 10:28

OMG - Blt or Kayls!! Can you please edit my post? I have posted and just read back and am horrified to see I have put 'I am NOT pleased she is battling on and obviously doing well' Arrggghhh!!!

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Dec 2016 14:32

Its ok I have noticed it just now and knew what you meant, has been amended.. I thought we could all edit our own posts ..
Your daughter is lucky to be that close.. I think the ghost walk in inside the castle to comply with H & S regs for organised groups..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 24 Dec 2016 15:41

What am I like!! I never noticed before that I can edit my own posts! Thanks Blt. I will know in future.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Dec 2016 21:34

No problem :lol: I was editing and correcting my bigfoot post for ages o many typo.