Shadowy Encounter.

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
magicmuggle01

Shadowy Encounter.

Post by magicmuggle01 » 01 Nov 2016 18:04

About 16 years ago I did have a strange encounter. I'd just moved to Barnsley (South Yorkshire) and I was in my bed one night when I was suddenly awoken in the early hours of the morning and I saw a shadowy figure standing at the base of my bed. I quickly turned on the light and there was no-one there. This was the only time this happened to me. And I never saw it again :ghost:
http://adminchill.freeforums.org

bluelighttouch

Re: Shadowy Encounter.

Post by bluelighttouch » 01 Nov 2016 22:36

Well you never said how you delt at the time and afterwards.. Did you noyice a face? Was this figure still or moving? Did you notice any change in the energy of the room ie Static electricitym hairs standing up on your neck etc.. I know it was along time ago but this stuck in your mid for a reason..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
magicmuggle01

Post by magicmuggle01 » 02 Nov 2016 16:39

Sorry blt. At first I panicked and rushed to put on the bedside light. I kind of felt scared because I was shaking a bit.

The figure was standing still and just seemed to be watching me, it didn't move. After I put on the light and saw that there was no-one there I started to shake (more with fright than with fear). At first I thought someone had broken in. So I checked the rest of the house and found that the windows and front door were all secure. I was left wondering if I'd actually seen what I thought I'd seen. The hairs on the back of my head stood up rather quickly and it felt like electricity prickling through my body.

I wonder if there could be some kind of connection with the small village that I was staying in(Cudworth). I mean the whole area around Barnsley was once a thriving mining community and there was a lot of mining disasters. The following link tells of one such disaster.

http://www.healeyhero.co.uk/rescue/pits/Oak.htm
http://adminchill.freeforums.org

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 02 Nov 2016 17:13

Most Haunted did a Live at Barnesly years back, I got my friend to get me a teeshirt. The live I went to was the smallest one they ever did, only 96 seats and I had 4 of then.. That was the Eitch Finder General Live.. The one where I met up with Karl and Stu and Dr David Bull and Richard Felix.. Yvette and Derek were not there that night, they were paddling about in the mud at Pagelsham and the Canewden church nearwhere I live..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 03 Nov 2016 12:55

I always thought I would be jumpy when it comes to things suddenly appearing in my bedroom. And maybe I would be if I thought it was a person.
I have woken and seen two swirling groups of pebble shapes, starting close beside my bed and moving backward to just disappear some 8ft or more away. I felt especially calm and very fascinated. Whatever it was left a good feeling behind.

Then one night when I was laying in bed watching tv I saw, for all of a second, what looked like a three foot high bare tree branches or like those veins in your vision at the opticians. Sorry I can't explain it. I could draw it but don't know how in here! It was at the bottom of the bed and the tv was only about two feet behind it, so it was in my view. But in all honesty I wonder if this was a trick of the eye.
Having said that only last week or the week before I had the same sort of thing happen but this was beside my bed, more a corner of the eye experience. It was around the same height, but it was like a bushy small tree with loads of dense green.

Now beg the question - am I going off my head!!

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 04 Nov 2016 15:15

The first thing I would say is look at the obvious first. Do you have any sight problems? I know of various visualphenomena that occurs when certain other circumstances prevail. I know I have sight problems that can cause me to see shiny swirling patterns at certain changes of light. It can be you seeing the Back of the eye, the optic nerve etc very common when someone looks down a microscope for example. The Tree formations can be images fromthe blood vessels at the back of the eye too, after being in bright light or even between you and a tv screen.

Shadowpeople are a bit of a mystery, thought to be a lower form of Elemental, I can't say I have seen it myself..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 04 Nov 2016 16:12

I have thought about this Blt and I sometimes see the black vein blood vessels for a few seconds when I am first in bed with the light off and with the light shining in from the landing whilst my eyes make that adjustment. But I have had my eyes checked and the optician says they are very healthy without problem.

I haven't seen anything swirling other than those shapes I told you about which happened early on last year. These shapes were 3D. Although they were swirling it was only the shapes swirling. They didn't leave a tail. It could well be something like you have experienced but if it isn't it is something that will always fascinate and baffle me. Especially as I felt so calm, when normally anything I don't understand I am yelling for my hubby lols.

As for the 'tree', again, it could be I imagined it although I don't think I did. I know it is possible. But then the little dense tree beside me out of the corner of my eye :hyper: I have to laugh about it.

It's deciding what is paranormal and what has a normal explanation.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 04 Nov 2016 19:22

Exactly, we have to rule things out, one by one.. Then examine whats left...
As long as you stay safe.. I will be off line for a while, but keep posting and see how it all goes..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 06 Nov 2016 14:39

Hi Blt - it can be a puzzle as to knowing if something is paranormal or not. Maybe it's the feeling inside that tells us when it is! That still leaves me some unanswered questions though :lol:

See you when you are able to get back here.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Dec 2016 22:18

WellI am back now...