Enfield Ghost Course

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
adafraid

Enfield Ghost Course

Post by adafraid » 17 Dec 2015 04:12

So recently I moved to Hetfordshire with my girlfriend to be closer to her dad. I'm still looking for work at the moment so have had a bit of time on my hands. As there's a golf course nearby and her dad likes a game, I decided to get myself a cheap set of second-hand clubs off a pretty decent tinternet site actually, so I could go and play with her dad to give me something to do. I'd not played too much in the past except a few games with my old work colleagues.

Anyway, we went to the nearby Enfield Golf Club to play some rounds. As it was getting pretty poor light around 5ish due to the time of year, we decided to finish on the 9th and play a couple more holes. I'd hit one in the trees after a disaster on the 9th. I went to retrieve my ball and absolutely s*** myself. I could have sworn i saw a figure walking between the trees, almost zombie like in appearence and the way it walked. I absolutely belted it away and ran back to her dad. He thought I was daft but it frightened the hell out of me and I swear I saw something unnatural. I was like jelly after that and ended up forfeiting the whole.

I read later on the net that apparently the grounds are built on old plague pits from the 1600's and a lot of people have experienced similar sightings. I fee a bit freaked out at the moment because i've never had a paranormal experience before and have always thought its a load of rubbish. It's really eerie seeing something like that.

Does anyone else know the course and experienced any strange sightings?

relichunter

Re: Enfield Ghost Course

Post by relichunter » 17 Dec 2015 12:30

Wow its great you saw a spirit.. think yourself blessed. not many people, even sceptics get to see something they cant explain.

a mate f mine went there once, was a sceptic at first until he , like you, saw a spirit. now he is a firm believer and goes there 4 times a year.

Dont be afraid, some spirits dont know they have passed, to them theyre just doing their usual thing..and probably thinking, who are you?

this might help you a little bit.

good luck.

http://www.leaderboardgolf.co.uk/top-te ... world.html
http://angelsandspirits.freeforums.org/index.php

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Dec 2015 15:46

Nice One RH...Can always guarantee you would find out a little more...

So buddy, now you know :lol: ;) :ghost: :boo: Also Welome to :mhf: Do feel free to have a look around... Anything we cn do to help just ask.. We have a Chat night every Friday night around 7.30pm if you would like to join us.. Look for Mini chat top left of the board index area... :penguin:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Haunted Enfield

Post by Haunted Enfield » 12 Dec 2016 20:14

Your encounter is very interesting to me as the Enfield Golf Course is featured in my book Haunted Enfield (2013). The figure seen there has been described as a monk. There are no historical records to back up the plague pit theory (which doesn't necessarily prove there wasn't one) but there is an ancient moat on the course which may be significant.