Mysterious Dog suicide bridge..

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Mysterious Dog suicide bridge..

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Jun 2015 15:23

I only learned of this 2 days ago, but this has gone on for years..
It seems that a bridge which is the access to Overtoun Castle is the subject of this awful scenario. People walking their dogs, some on a lead some not said that suddenly the lead was wrenched from thier grasp or the dogs previously well behaved suddenly leap over the parapet of this victorian bridge, onto the rocks 50 feet below. This place was only built about 150 years ago.. by Lord Overtoun, the caste is in the Gothic style and is in Dumbarton in Scotland.

The mystery depens when yo start looking around as it seems the affected dogs are all breeds with long noses etc and what is more they all jumped in the same place of the parapet and on the same side..
There are theories as to why this is occuring and mainly its thought there is a portal to another realm and the dogs see it and want to enter there... Hmm
Its in the Daily Mail on line and its also in the Daily Star on Wednesday and a few other papers have picled the story up...

So what do you make of that then.. :eek: Ideas and comments please..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mysterious Dog suicide bridge..

Post by kayls » 27 Jun 2015 17:21

wow, that's strange

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 27 Jun 2015 18:31

Those poor dogs... horrific injuries and many didn't survive the 50 ft fall onto the rocks below.. :cat:
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

LadyLand

Post by LadyLand » 09 Sep 2015 18:05

Poor doggie! It's really strange!

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 09 Sep 2015 22:11

It does make you wonder quite what spooked the dogs into jumping over the parapet.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 13 Sep 2015 09:58

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I took these photographs a few weeks ago when my husband took me to Overtoun House, He was born in that building. It was being used as a maternity hospital in those days. It's magnificent. He also told me about the bridge and the doggy suicides.......very odd, it 's such a beautiful place.
Attachments
image.jpg

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Sep 2015 13:17

Yep that is the place and pretty much all the dogs jumped of the right hand side and landed 50 ft below on rocks in very shallw water so nothing to cushion their fall. Do you think he was tempting providence :lol: by taking you there...

TypicalLady

Post by TypicalLady » 02 Oct 2015 09:14

Do you think he was tempting providence :lol: by taking you there...
LOL! What a suggestion...

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 02 Oct 2015 17:31

I know the guy ... :lol: