4 nights in spooky Scottish Loch Awe Hotel

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

4 nights in spooky Scottish Loch Awe Hotel

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 May 2015 11:04

I have just spent 4 nights in a Loch side hotel in Argyllshire in Scotland. Yes I did know that the place was reputedly haunted when I booked it.It is the Loch Awe hotel built in 1871, its pretty big and the pub acroos the road was the former coach house.. I couldn't get access there as the pub closed down and is boarded up.
However upon checking into my room, I set about doing a quick reki, asking 3 staff members of their experience etc. Predictably it involved the servants quarter in rooms 301/302 ... But from a day time walkaround I just knew there was far more to come... There was a Grand stair case that had that placial feel to it for a start. Lots of dark panelled rooms and big log fires.. Warm weather it was not in fact it was very cold.
I descretly enquired of the reception staff as to the location of the haunted areas, rooms and if they were occupied by guests etc..
They had booked people into those rooms dammit so I couldn't get into those... But I did meet the residents of some of the rooms where phenomena was happening...

On the monday night an elderly lady had a 'visitor of the unwelcome kind' :eek:
She was in room 229.. She said she never has nightmares ever, yet that night she did.. She said that a Darkly dressed, angry man came and stood over her in an agressive manner :eek: :ghost: She awoke with a start and said she felt that he was stil there.. that her bad dream was acarrying on, if it was really a dream?
She was on her own and she was scared, she put the lights on and the tv and made a hot drink.. But felt thhis 'dark man' was still there even if not visible.. There are no phones in the rooms so she couldn't call the night porter... She said the feeling went on for a good while than as dawn broke she fekt different.. She had no idea the place was haunted..
I offered if she had more troubel to come and 'Calm things down a little for her.. But she had no further visits for the remainder of her stay,

The next night it was my turn :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
On the Tuesday night I was watching a movie until about half 12 and thought I'd better try to get some sleep.. So I was lying in bed on my side facing the wall, wide awake, just thinking about the day to come etc.. About an hour later I was still awake and suddenly felt the energy of the room chage, it seemed to crackle withe static and I suddenly became aware of the fact I was no longer alone, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up!! I feltt something enter my 'aura' and I didn't move as I suspected something was about to happen.
I felt a strange prickly flesh crawling sensation and felt two hands slither under my duvet behind me, then I felt a sensation of my clothes having been grasped and pulled slowly....I did not move.... :eek: Even thoug I wanted to turn and look... The fold of clothing gave and 'they or it' reached in again and pulled again, this time I turned rapidly amd sat up... Instantly the grabbing stopped..
My room mate was fast asleep so it wasn't thme playing a trick..

In those few seconds I sensed a smallish thin girl about 10 or 11 years old with long long straggly fair hair , her hands with thin fingers, very thin and boney... Then the atmosphere of the room cleared.. :eek: I got up and checked the room and en suite .. nothing out of the ordinary.. I had my mobile phone/ camera but couldn't see any 'orbs or other signs'.. I felt had I not turned suddenly I would probably have been 'scratched'..

In the morning I had a quiete word with the receptionist I spoke to before and related my experience in room 219 and that of the lady in 229 the night before..
She said that was really creepy and she would have been scared witless had it happened to her... She said she was the under manager and as such one of her jobs was to lock up the hotel at night amostly benighn..nd had never seen anything..

I later found out the hauntings in the servants quarters were 301 and 302 were related to a former emplyee a scullery maid called Molly' and were relatively harmless...
I had photgraphed the upper floors thru the windows and fund the those haunted rooms seemed to be locaced a good 100 feet from my room.
On the last day I spoke to the couple in rooom 303 they said they never had any unwelcome visitors..

As a bit of background information, The Htoel was originally built as a private hotel, it was used as a Film location for the Original version of the film 'The 39 steps'.. Douglas Fairbanks stayed there as did Olivia De haviland and Kirk Douglas.. The filming inside the hotel was in the areas of room 100 on the first floor which was a large suite of rooms now converted nto 4 smaller rooms now known as 101 to 104.
Well guys what do you make of that then... :ghost2:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 4 nights in sppoky Scottish Loch Awe Hotel

Post by kayls » 23 May 2015 18:54

wow, that's awesome :)

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Re: 4 nights in spooky Scottish Loch Awe Hotel

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 May 2015 20:03

Awe some in Loch Awe.. I have to admit to feeling a mixture of emotions, A tiny bit of fear, a whole lot of excitement and in a way kinda glad I interupped my spiritual visitor, hugely curuis as to exactly who it was and why they chose me to interact with...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 23 May 2015 23:44

Tell us more please.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 May 2015 11:29

Well that was all the spooky stuff that happened to me, the creepy spirit girl didn't come back the next night and I did wait up for her...
As far as I heard nothing more happened in 229 and the elderly lady and gentleman in 303 said he never heard anything... I never heard who got 301 and 302 but somettimes they leave letting the haunted rooms until the last...
But anyone who thinks spirit stays in just those areas is wrong, as they move around. I took a few pics on my phone of the grand staircase as these staircases do see to be favourite spots for ghostly apparitions by I didn;t see anything there. I need to examine any pics to look for orbs etc..

One night in my room I thought I did see an orb, but it didn't amount to anything, it was greyish and about 2 inches in diamenter by the side of he dressing table and the side of the wardrobe...

relichunter

Post by relichunter » 30 May 2015 11:27

great stuff, wish i was there !
rooms 214,229 are active there.
after the long read with me specs on, i got the feeling that the young girl who was mamed there,cant and wont move on.
after talking to my spirit guides, her mammy /nanny killed her. it didnt come thru clearly.
apparently also quite afew deaths occured but not by natural way......... :o

any photos ???
http://angelsandspirits.freeforums.org/index.php

relichunter

Post by relichunter » 30 May 2015 20:23

i got the name clara. i dunno why.
http://angelsandspirits.freeforums.org/index.php

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 31 May 2015 13:49

Cheers for that... I wonder what would have happened if I had not interrupted her...

The lady who was in 229 said she felt her spirit man was evil/violet and that he seemed very angry....I don't know who was in 214 or whether they had anything happen seeing as if you are a total sceptic usually the spooks do not bother with you...

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 06 Aug 2015 18:04

I thought I would resurrect this thread as our new member might find it interesting..

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 07 Aug 2015 20:25

I was on the website last night thinking of booking another spooky spot.. Inversnaid is a Hotel on a huge loch and is only acessable by boat.. The history is fascinating the ruins of Rob Roy Magreggors house is within walking distance and also the cave he used to hide out in when the Red Coats came looking for him.. Some day I might get there and see what I can pick up..