My first "ghost hunt"!

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Goblin

My first "ghost hunt"!

Post by Goblin » 18 Nov 2014 18:35

Ok, I'm a bit of a funny one when it comes to believing in life after death etc. but I do happen to think that buildings and objects can retain a feeling or "memory", if you like, long after things have happened.

When I first moved to Liverpool I fell in love with an old building next to the park that I take the kids to and decided to research it a bit. It's called Newsham Park Hospital and it was built in the mid 1800's as an orphanage for the children of merchant seaman. After that it was an insane asylum, then a hospital and finally a care home before being shut down in the late 80's and left to rot. It's a beautiful place and if I was brave enough and there weren't guard dogs I must admit I'd probably have tried my hand at urban exploring. :blush:

Then I found out a couple of years ago that they have ghost tours there a few times a year, but every time I looked into it the prices were always waaaaay out of my league. (£60 for a night out isn't really allowed when you've got three kids and a ginger husband to feed.) :(

A few weeks ago I found a company that were offering two tickets for £40 so a very lovely friend and I teamed up and went for it.

It was every bit as amazing inside as I'd hoped it would be. The only drawback was that we were only allowed into certain parts of the building, but some is better than none in my book. :) We got to do the tower, the naughty boys corridor (which was awful, it was just rows of doors that led into tiny spaces in the walls where they would shut the children in the dark if they misbehaved. :( ), the nurses quarters and the basement. I'll try to upload some photos but you'll have to bear with me. :)

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Re: My first "ghost hunt"!

Post by SandDancer » 18 Nov 2014 18:40

Can hardly wait Goblin. :-)

Topic author
Goblin

Post by Goblin » 18 Nov 2014 18:40

I don't seem to be able to share the pics. :( It keeps telling me "The extension jpg is not allowed". Sorry folks.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 18 Nov 2014 18:44

Awwww, shame. :-(. So did anything happen? Paranormally speaking, I mean.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Nov 2014 18:50

We did have a problem with Jpeg images and Subliminal was working on an update for that some weeks ago.. I thought it was finished by now..
Maybe Kayls will know.. ??
It soumds like the children will have been active, I can imagine the outpourings of anguish from here...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Goblin

Post by Goblin » 18 Nov 2014 18:53

SandDancer wrote:Awwww, shame. :-(. So did anything happen? Paranormally speaking, I mean.
Honestly? I didn't get anything but a sense of sadness and decay. But maybe if we'd been allowed into the wards where people would be more likely to go for the long sleep things might have been different. :shrug:

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Nov 2014 18:58

There is a former orphanage about a mile from me.. Its now a pub, but it housed children from the Blitz.. The bar staff one lady in particular used to see a small boy in an old fashioned grey school uniform with a cap and tassle on it.. He used to stand there smiling and then was gone..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 18 Nov 2014 21:37

go to www.derelictplaces.co.uk then click on hospitals/assylums then page 31, 13th from bottom. newsham.

Topic author
Goblin

Post by Goblin » 18 Nov 2014 22:09

k9-sec.co.uk wrote:go to http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk then click on hospitals/assylums then page 31, 13th from bottom. newsham.
:happydance: That's the one! Was this your post, K9? :)

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 18 Nov 2014 22:14

haha no. we have to monitor web sites like that. goes hand in hand with my work.