My first "ghost hunt"!

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Goblin

Re: My first "ghost hunt"!

Post by Goblin » 18 Nov 2014 22:21

Ah, OK. It was the bit about the live-in-pikey in the post. Would you believe he actually owns the place? He lives in a little bit of it and makes a fortune renting it out to ghost hunters etc. He's got planning permission to turn it into a restaurant and student flats but he said he's making too much money keeping it as it is for now!

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 18 Nov 2014 22:30

good luck to him then ha ha.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 19 Nov 2014 17:30

I am hoping to go to an MH venue in the new year.. Boddlwydden Castle in Denbighshire, North Wales... At the moment we are the first to show an interest.. Its in 290 acres of park land... jeez that is a lot to get lost in at night :lol:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 20 Nov 2014 04:48

yes they went there in 2004. believe its part of series 5.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 20 Nov 2014 15:28

Was it any good only I do not recall watching it, the name was familiar and I went on the Castles website and they mentioned that MH had been there some time back but no more than that..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 20 Nov 2014 19:36

i will have a look at episode fri night and let you know what tomfoolery happened.

clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 20 Nov 2014 21:21

bluelighttouch wrote:I am hoping to go to an MH venue in the new year.. Boddlwydden Castle in Denbighshire, North Wales... At the moment we are the first to show an interest.. Its in 290 acres of park land... jeez that is a lot to get lost in at night :lol:
We went to Boddlewydden Castle Sheila when my grandkids where little. Wasn't a ghost hunt obviously, we just went for a day out not long after MH had been. Its a lovely place, very atmospheric inside. We went in the summer and it was a glorious day so spent more time outside in the grounds. There is a maze there, kids thought it was great :)

Remember Richard Felix saying there was a lot of trenches round the back where the troops trained before going to the first world war. They are grassy hollows now, we didn't see them but might be interesting to take a look, just don't fall in. ;)

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 20 Nov 2014 22:32

and mh did denbigh asylum on a 7 night live. theres plenty of locals that mh pi##ed off with their choice of words. theres a denbigh facebook page thats run by locals,all info is on it.also after their investigation there,the usual thing happened,heightened awareness of the site and chavs burnt the ball room down. village of the damned mh called it. also theres loads of pics of the asylum posted by various explorers on the derelict places website i mentioned earlier

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 21 Nov 2014 00:28

Well I am not on Fb... So I won't be looking.. I saw a few slideshows of the castle and grounds.. If I go its 4 or 5 days so plenty of time to do things but its shceduled for jan 19th till 23rd so its not gonna be warm to go wandering out at night...The site has had a variety of people trying to sublet for various schemes to try to make some cash... Currently its part of the National Portrait gallery.. I might have a look, not that into art unless its Van gogh or Momet or Turner.. No doubt they make a hefty charge.. I never found prices on the website..

clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 23 Nov 2014 13:31

I'm pretty sure we looked at the art gallery Sheila, but I don't remember any charge. Like I said it was a good few years ago so I might be wrong, but we certainly didn't pay for anything in the castle after paying the admittance fee.

Tbh the castle was not as big as I imagined inside so don't think it will take long to look round. I think the accommodation block is at the back of the castle near a courtyard. Hope you enjoy it :)