Does the presence of a sceptic prevent contact?

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Does the presence of a sceptic prevent contact?

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Nov 2014 10:34

I have a feeling it does... Think of all the investigations that take place around the country and indeed all over the world...
Why do people feel the need to 'Disprove' rather than 'Prove the existant of something more to come'.?
Think how many people there are running around in the dark :rolleyes: with night vision digicams and..capturing nothing!!!
I have seen, felt and experienced so much and I never ever thought of trying to capture anything for others to see.. For me, it was 'My Proof' 'My Evidence'... not just once but over the years, a good few times...

Your thoughts and co,,ents would be appreciated.. :)

Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Ming

Post by Ming » 03 Nov 2014 17:13

I have always wondered that. I do think skeptics are necessary but I would keep them in the back ground.
I was watching peddle hill last week and I did notice when the team were fainting and stu wrenching
Ciaran was not affected. If you look close the action dies down when çiaran gets involved.
I wonder if the spirits feel threatened or is it when the sceptic approaches the energy goes down.

It is a good question.
Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Nov 2014 18:24

You know I thought about the energy aspect too..In order for spiritual entities to interact they seem to need an energy source of some kind to do this.. Perhaps this is the very reason why batteries drain on cameras, phones etc.. If a sceptic is present their energy field they themselves are emitting is negative..So the spirit cannot then interact... Just my observation of course.. But it does seem to fit..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Janie

Post by Janie » 07 Nov 2014 09:02

I would think that it depends on how vocal and active the skeptic is during the séance or session. If they can remain calm and quiet, then their energy shouldn't interfere much. The combined energy of the rest of the others (whom I presume DO believe) would compensate for any small amount of negativity. Wouldn't it?

Ming

Post by Ming » 07 Nov 2014 09:10

But would the spirit not pick up on the skeptics negative energy?
I know some skeptics are open minded but a vast majority are not and this could affect the mediums ability to pick up on energies that are there.
Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

Janie

Post by Janie » 07 Nov 2014 10:03

Of course I can't speak for anyone other than myself.....but I don't let skeptics' negative energy bother me as long as they can stay quiet. It's more likely that they'd say something rude to me to hurt my feelings than to interfere with me contacting spirits. But that's just me. LOL

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 07 Nov 2014 16:20

Well I have seen some of the mischief making carried out by sceptics in an investigation at a former US Air base on the south coast of England.. It was at a kind of Mediums convention.. But some other people who were not Mediums also went on the investigation..
I was present and there were maybe 25 people out in the grounds at the dead of night.. with their mobile pkomes, digicams, K2 and EMF Meters etc.. I overheard and noticed a small group of 3 a little away from others.. They were taking pics on their mobile phones and smoking but I caught them using curls of cigarette smoke in the foreground of the shot.. You know a trickle of thick smoke rising.. They took 2 shots with the old parade ground in the background.. Not knowing I was watching them..

They then went over to the organiser and said 'Look what we got!!'.. He thought the shots was very interesting.. Particularly as they were both capuring the wisp of smoke/spirit.. Until I took him to one side and said it was contrived and a fake... They seemed determined to wreck it for everyone else cos they then went off showing ther pics around.. It pretty much changed the whole out come of the investigation.After another hour it was abandoned.. They were laughing about it too.
So they did do what they set out to do.. To make fun of a serious investigation and put a negative cloud over the preceedings..

Janie

Post by Janie » 08 Nov 2014 08:58

Despicable behavior. I can't understand people like that. Why did they even bother to go to the event?

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 Nov 2014 10:33

I think they spent a bit longer communing with alcoholic spirits prior to the start.. I was not impressed but we have a saying in the uk 'There's one born every minute'... and they were 2 of those kind of people..

But it does put a very negative feel over the event..

I have known of another incident where the 'historian of a paranomrmal group was sceptical..
I know this because he was a friend of mine.. The Venue was 'Coal House Fort East Tilbury in Essex.. This venue is the most active place in the South East of Engkand... Most Haunted eventually did a 3 day Live event there, but we were there long before them and on numerous occasions.
The Team was Thurrock Paranormal ..they used to have a website..

They did work together for a number of years.. The team had a Medium and 2 investigators that were Police officers and my friend Shane who was the historian. They were filming outside the main gate of the fort right by two huge WW11 gun barrels.. Shane said he didn't expect to get much and one of the guys held back and threw a small block of wood to make Shane jump.. He didn't, but turned round and swore at the guy... Anyway he kept saying stuff like of that's all you can do, this will be a waste of time..

Minutes later Shane was hit on the back with a small piece of wood about 2 inches square.. He turned on his mate and said I told you to stop it.. His fellow investigator was bending down trying to fit a battery in something and looked up saying he hadn't done anything.. I think this freaked Shane a bit as his other buddies confirmed that no one visible threw anything... So after this he was a little less of a sceptic.. There was another incident some momths later that led to him being totally convinced!!!!!

Janie

Post by Janie » 10 Nov 2014 04:48

Wow! I'd love to hear about the other incident too.

I just can't understand skeptics. I mean, really. Don't we all die, and don't we all wonder what's on the other side? How many billions of bits of evidence does it take to convince somebody that there's life after death? When somebody says they don't "believe", I say "How can you NOT believe?"

Of course there will always be the scammers who are lying about their own personal evidence and experience. We have a saying in the US...."It only takes one white crow to make you believe that all crows are NOT black". It only takes one good incident to change a skeptic's mind. LOL