urban exploring

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Ming
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

urban exploring

Post by Ming » 02 Nov 2014 12:44

I have a friend I meet to go to the football and he is a lot younger than me.
He is into urban exploring and was wondering if this is a safe and legal pass time.
He told me that if he dose see a sign saying keep out. He dose on go in. But if he sees a gap or an open windows in a derelict building
He will explore it. He never asks permission. He did say he had a bit of a fright when he was walking through an abandoned mill in Newton Heath. He said he heard a child's voice asking him to play.
He has asked me to go on his next walk but I think I will stick to the country side. I don't fancy walking through dusty delapitated old buildings. But do you think this type of pass time is legal?

Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

Topic author
Ming

Post by Ming » 02 Nov 2014 16:04

I should also point out after he visits a building he looks into its history and will interview people who live near by about any strange stories.
I am just worried that he could get arrested for not asking permission.
But he recons that it is on so long as it is abandoned.
Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 02 Nov 2014 20:10

Its not actually Legal in any sense of the word.. He is 'Trespassing' and also its very hazardous to enter dirilect buildings due to the H&S aspect.. If he fell or something fell on him, no one would know and you cannot rely on mobile phone coverage to call for help as you know your batteries will drain right when you need it most!!!
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 10 Nov 2014 09:25

trespass is just a civil offence at the mo. only becomes serious if it can be proved the perp caused the site a loss of earnings through their actions. its very red tape nowadays,and obviously i have to be upto date on it all. ue is very big now and lots of groups take pics and post them on websites. they are not as bad as the vandals,metal thieves and graffiti chavs that destroy places. even though i work for authorities,i never class urban explorers as bad as they dont damage,but of course im on a site to keep everybody out. i say watch out for dog signs,as we do not put them up for show,but people know if a site is guarded or not anyway. as sheila has said you have to be very careful and ive had the bad luck to be on a site when my dog discovered somebody who had gone missing 2 weeks before. not pleasant to find

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 10 Nov 2014 11:18

I take it to mean you came acroos the corpse then gaz.. No not pleasant.. So even if they had been young and fit, if they felt and were unable to walk or get out from under falling masonary for instance.. if they were alone, they would be a goner..
In those circumstances even a relatively fit young person can die of Hypothermia within hours!!!
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 10 Nov 2014 23:52

yep they thought hed ran away again,but it later turned out he was a regular poster on a website which will remain nameless as theyre not worth the time of day. hed gone onto a site during the summer hols, fell off a rusty stairwell and my dog found him while on a patrol (first time a dog had been used on site and the area he was found in was too small for an adult to get into) hence why no discovery earlier.such a waste of a healthy young un.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Nov 2014 15:49

Exactly.. that is a shame and does certainly back up the H&S aspect of exploring places solo.. Not to memtion the dangers of old rusty stairways..
I do not suppose you know more. Like did he die in the fall or later because he couldn't get help..

k9-sec.co.uk

Post by k9-sec.co.uk » 11 Nov 2014 20:18

not meaning to be crude but he def died there and then. being an ex nurse you will get my drift straight away.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Nov 2014 20:21

Broken neck then....