The Invo that wasn't....

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

The Invo that wasn't....

Post by bluelighttouch » 01 Nov 2014 19:49

Ok Last night I went off to a venue that I thought was in Leigh Hill Leigh on sea... Leigh Hill has several spooky occurances and basically that was not where we went :facepalm:
In fact the property was Billet Lane Leigh on sea about a mile away from where I thought we were going...

So anyway we got to as close as we could!! then had to walk up this steep narrow path to find the house..
It was a tiny Fishermans Cottage circa 1850 built into a steep hillside, so it was like perched on 3 terraces and even the garden out the back was on the cliff .. The person who lived there had gone to a lot of trouble to make us welcome.. She had set a table with lots of amazingly tempting food and wine and cider etc..
Pumpkins were sculpted and placed out the front of the house..and it was all decorated inside too.. I never took any pics.. Pity that..
Then another two people turned up One dressed like the Grim Reaper and his wife as a witch with a green n' black cloak and black pointy hat..
After that our investigation became a party :lol: With everyone telling of the spooky things going on in each others houses..

The lady who had the house said it alway had a cold feel to it...she felt a presence and said it was in the kitchen area and in the tiny terraced garden, but didn't know quite what it was..
I certainly didn't feel it was anything bad..
The lady in the green cloak Moira told us she was glad to get out of her house as it had suddenly become very active... So we sat with a drink and some nibbles and listened to what was occuring..

It did sound like someone or something was desperate to gain her attention..
She had TV turning off and on, A book dropped into the centre of the room in which she was working. The book was stood on its edge spine uppermost well pointing to the ceiling.. and they had been numerous scrabbling in the attic above that room..
The room was used by her as a 'Craft room' she did painiting and drawing and card makingand used it for her research etc..
I felt someone was trying hard to get her to notice them. So I asked her if she had lost anyone recently or felt it might have been a friend or relative..?? Then I think the penny dropped.. Her friend had died about 10 days before and she was a fellow crafter and they used to work together in that room..
So I asked if she had gone to the funeral yet and she said no it was next week...

So I suggested that between now and the funeral that she ask out, when things began to happen.. call her friend by name and tell her that she will be going to her 'send off'... That she was welcome to visit her and she hoped the ladys spirit would find peace...

I will have to phone her to ask if things settle down..

So we all sat talking and I didn't get to use my dowsing rods etc :lol: :rolleyes:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Re: The Invo that wasn't....

Post by SandDancer » 01 Nov 2014 22:58

Sounds like you had a good night Sheila. You'll have to let us know if you hear that that lady had any more visits from her 'visitor'. Might it be possible to revisit the cottage? You might pick up something when it was quieter.

Ming

Post by Ming » 01 Nov 2014 23:23

It's such a shame that you did not experience anything major. The book falling on its spine was 8th an old book a paper back or hard back?
Was the lady perhaps having false memory? She exaggerated the book event so as not to disappoint you?
It dose sound like a good setting for something ghostly to happen.
Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 02 Nov 2014 00:43

Re the book perhaps I didn;t explain it right .. If you stood and open book up on a desk say it would stand up if partly open.. This is what she meant..Yes it was a hardback book.. She is a professional very well educated Honeopath and certainly not prone to exaggeration.. I recall thinking how tired and drawn she was, my friends commented on the same on the way home...She told me she was not sleeping and had been very upset at the death of her friend... I think it wasn't so much the book as the attic noises and the tv going off and on... She was always alone when it happened and her husband never heard anything..
The attic noises could have been pigeons in the attic or similar.. You have to look for the most likely explanaintioms... I think her house is about 60 years old...

The other house, the Fishermans cottage, would be good to revisit.. But at a later date.. Its in a terrace of 3 cottages and hers is the middle one so there is sound from either side,, Certainly no sound proofing...We even heard when next door put their kettle on..
I did a search on the net for the fishermans cottage and I found it on a property site called Right move :lol:
I just put in Billet Lane Leigh on sea and it came up, there are 10 photos of the exterior and the interior..
Have a look...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Ming

Post by Ming » 02 Nov 2014 12:36

Have you ever tried scrhing ? (Spelling) contacting dead with mirrors.
I think the cottage would be a good place to try it.

Ming

Post by Ming » 02 Nov 2014 16:26

When am I going to hear about kayls investigation?

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 02 Nov 2014 19:48

Funny you should mention scrying as my mate chrissy mentioned that she would like to try this at the cottage if the person living there would be ok with it.. Scrying is not something I had tried myself.. I think it might well be the only thing I haven't tried.. I would have quit liked to try 'Channelling' there but you do have to have a second person who has also that kind of experience and this group of people do not have that.. The only Medium is myself... It can be very dangerous to do this if you cannot farken the place right down and also to prevent noise etc as Mediums have died when in Trance if suddenly distirbed by people who had no idea .. Helken Duncan for one...
I think if we go back there again until I know the group 's abilities better I will just use Mental Mediumship..... Kayls has not said anything...