Undercover spirits

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Undercover spirits

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Sep 2014 20:09

Some of you may know that Ghosties and spirits and the Mediums who interact with them are not universally thought of in great regard all over the world.. In Germany its all rather carried out undercover as is in the Netherlands.. In Cyprus its very underground... Spiritualist Mediums are regarded as 'Heathen'...:lol:
Well its the same to a degree in the Greek Islands and I have just returned from a week in Crete...

The first day I arrived, I was told of a very haunted island off the coast of Crete...The Island of Spinalonga.. This is a tiny rock a former fortress in days gone by, it was a strategic point on the map as it was between the Turkish coast and Crete... At one point in was occupied by the Phoneitans and the the Turks.. It was argued over for centuries and Greece wanted to claim it back from the Turks but they wouldn't leave.. So the Cretan governor shipped about 300 Lepers there to establish a colony... The fortifications were ordered and pretty soom the Turks left... Fearing they would catch the disease.. It was years later they found out it was not an infection but genetic thru a recessive gene..
Anyway the colony was established and they were supplied with food and the Lepers were paid to stay there..

There were building, little shops and they caught fish grew grapes etc and Hew bricks out of the rock to make dwellings.. They intermarried and some 40 children were born... the children were completely normal and the Cretans came and seized the children from their parents and they were adopted out. The Lepers were distaught but couldn't do anything about it. A law student came to live there as he too had Leprosy and he stood up for the colonists right and they traded food and other items from the maillamd..

But trade broke down due to fears of contamination and they were left many years to struggle on their own, a lot of them starved to death..Some died of heartbreak due to losing their children... The island was a Leper colony until 1957 when the last one died... The little island had its own priest and 7 tiny churches... After all the lepers died the priest stayed on for a whole year as he said he was looking after the souls of the dead.. Eventually he left the island to the spirits...

So I went for a look see... along with a boat load of others.. It was so small you can walk round it in 15 minutes... anyway it was featured in a book by Victoria Hislop, detailing all the spooky stuff...

:lol: Its was a ghost town alright... It was totally dead, a couple of other people in the aprtment next door also went and they said the same thing..

But oddly my apartment and the surrounding gardens were over flowing with a plethora of spirits from the 30's and 40's.. Many victims of the German occupation.. All desperate to talk...

Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 27 Sep 2014 10:55

That is all very interesting Sheila. I hadn't heard of that Islands history before. Interesting, too, that it is 'dead'. Maybe the poor souls didn't want to hang around and hopefully went on to a better 'afterlife'. :-)

Did you contact any of the spirits in your apartment block? It'd be fascinating to know their history.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 27 Sep 2014 16:14

Yes I did get about 8 or 9 of them but they seemed impatient and I found they all came in rapidly, I had a few names and some amazingly characterful faces.. But I couldn't get much out of them as I only know basic greek.. :lol: after about 3 days of that they faded off.. That was when I decided to go to Spinalonga.. Because we were told it was very active... Maybe their assumptions were based upon the book.. But Victoria Hislop is as far as I know a fictional writer.. She changed the names of people on Spinalonga to protect their decendents anonimity.. I had never even heard of her, yet the moment I returned to the uk she was interviewed on breakfast tv.. I have a theory as to why Spinalonga was so 'inactive'.. It was hundreds of years ago that most of the Lepers were sent there, may have died and years down the line maybe reincarnated.... Once that happens, they are not contactable..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.