Spiritual/Demonic Possession.

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
wwill2010

Spiritual/Demonic Possession.

Post by wwill2010 » 06 Jan 2014 18:35

What is true spiritual possession?

Im sure this a question one hears a few times in the paranormal world. Despite sceptics denying the very existances of demons etc, possession itself 'does' actaully occur very often worldwide and in my forms. However, genuine forms of demonic possession are hardly ever advertised in the media, as this can lead to fear and public religious hysteria.

From someone like myself that has experience with much darker entities, possession may seem common enough. But is real demonic possession bad? It is bad for those who are catatonic of those who fear thier own shadow or those that simply dont understand it.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spiritual/Demonic Possession.

Post by kayls » 06 Jan 2014 20:31

I don't think possession really exists, a lot of he time it i think it is just mental health issues or mass hysteria

Topic author
wwill2010

Post by wwill2010 » 07 Jan 2014 13:49

Thanks for that honest reply Kayls. Good ti know someone is there! Lol.

Yes, I think theres alot of people who dont in it, but would they know if someone was possessed by a spirit or demon? These days its hard to fathom what real possession is as most have mislead to believe that possession is something else other then what it is. However, when you look at the mind and know that people can and often do catch a bug or a cold, would you say that its a bug or an 'Alien' inside their body that has invaded them from the outside world? Some people have been known to caputure 'parasite' with can invade the human body.

Im maybe going too deep into things here. I have to watch myself here. Lol

GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 08 Jan 2014 11:14

Having worked with the "mentally ill" for sometime, I have seen instances of behavior, thought processes, things that simply could not be classified within the scope of any defined psychiatric disorder as set by the American Psychiatric Association, rare persons with disorders that have left the psychiatrist I have worked totally lost as to what "it" is and how to treat "it". No case I have ever been involved in, about 20 over the years, some just seemed to improve overnight, others got more problematic in their behavior, and some just remained the same, as if some type of "damage" was done, and they were simply functioning, no worse but no better.
I cannot say, nor did anyone else dare go down the path of "possession", but the way the court decided on each case, in his/her statements as to why each decided this way or that, did make one wonder what each judge might have had some doubt as to what had been going on , mentally and behaviorally, that just didn't seem "right". I am open to the notion of "possession", personally or professionally, though now retired, I never come across any , face to face, but a few patients still make me wonder "what was going on with them" and "who" or "what" was I speaking to a times.
"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORUM". Knight Templar oath found carved in most Templar churches, including, Rosslyn Chapel, England.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 08 Jan 2014 14:50

Fascinating subject this........I saw an interview recently of a young woman with multiple personalities. I do not think any of them were classed as demonic but it got me thinking perhaps these other 'personalities' might be seen as a form of possession, or as some sort of dis-associative disorder.

I am just thinking out loud here, because I 've got no qualified knowledge of what I'm talking about. ;). It just interests me.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 12 Jan 2014 18:20

yeah, a lot of people might see something like that as possession

GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 26 Jan 2014 10:48

Fact being, "possession" does exist, like it or not. Accept it or not is as always a personal choice, just as is stepping out in front of a car if you believe it won't hurt you, why not do it? Of course the "logical mind" denies it because there is no "proof" that it has happened for over several thousand years. Granted, a good point, very good one, that people with Multiple Personality Disorders, from one or two up to 10 or more, documented cases, would or could be assumed to be "possessed" by the "untrained professional" or as "proof" that the mental health professionals are ALL correct in their diagnosis of MPD as to admit that something other than a 'scientific" determination isn't valid. Truth be told, not all issues related to the discussion are comfortable to talk about nor to even thinking about is anxiety producing and folks don't like to made anxious. Some cases can't be explained away as MPD and, like it or not, "possession", seems to fit more criteria than MPD does. Their are various tests that can be done to try and figure out what is going on and some tests results simply don't fit into the "scientific box of explained behavior". To not like or disregard what cannot be explained away to the degree that we are comfortable with, is simply a denial of the reality of the "real world".
"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORUM". Knight Templar oath found carved in most Templar churches, including, Rosslyn Chapel, England.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 03 Feb 2014 19:46

that's an interesting way to think about it

which cases do you think show that the person is possessed?