The Ancient Civilizations and the Power of the Mind

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
wwill2010

The Ancient Civilizations and the Power of the Mind

Post by wwill2010 » 17 Sep 2013 18:03

From studying ancient cultures I believe we can learn soo much about the world around us. We have to dig deep into the past to learn what the ancients knew about the mind and the supernatural. There dozens of books one can read that teachs you a basic understanding of the world and nature. Personally, im aware of certain religious and non-religious movements that dral with the mundane or the unexplained in ways that are not dealt with in any books you may find in any bookshops or be taught in collage.

This is because some of this sacred information or text is handefd down through the generations and generstions of trusted individuals. Most socities have thier own form confidentality which is strict. Training of the mind can, at times be an exausting past time, believe me. One secret I can share with you which people will know well enough who have Occult experience is the skill of shutting yourself off from reality. One needs to do this in order to acheve Karma from the sometimes chaos we call our world. The ancient civilizations knew more about the mundane then we give them credit for.

The ancients learned many skills, which today we often take for granted. Meditaton for example, is another most powerful form of mind-over-matter ability. Telekinesis(which I learnt to do at a very young age) is another 'ancient' art and takes enormous patience.

Topic author
wwill2010

Post by wwill2010 » 03 Oct 2013 05:50

Today we sadly live in a world thats been called 'a nanny state', which means we want everything done for us, we dont want to go outside and look for tbe answers we want others and Science to do it for us. As most should know on Most Haunted, science has not got 'all' the answers we need and conuies to try and find them with some differculty. Added to this, a branch of science called:Parapsychology claims to investigate the Paranormal. Having read extensively into parapsychology it does seemed to take one far enough into the unknown with turning away and suddenly encountering Religion and saying' belief is chikdish' or the known psychological saying is 'question everything'.

Im not sayi.ng here that we should believe in everything, but take patience a little futher. The anicent civilizations held onto enormous kniwledge, some of the 'ancient knowledge was systemicly destroyed later by Mainstream religion, one sych religion was Chrstaintity. (no offense to any beluvers) .Christain invaders plundered everything they could to try and find and destroy of this knowledge, even individuals too. So, in effect this ancient kniwledge wasnt entirely destroyed. Today, some people claim that the Christain Bible contains some of this' stolen 'knowwlede. This in fact could be true if the issue of hidden O ccultism is presnt within the book. Although, reading from the bible one is given the sense that its just a long story rather then anything one might call 'realistic'(.Although, with respect to anyones belief I
climb down on this issue and say. One should believe in anything they want to, provided that they dont try and force it onto someone else.)

Topic author
wwill2010

Post by wwill2010 » 04 Oct 2013 02:37

Writing this I get a sense of wonder if the ancient world couldve been more hectic or busier then our modern world. Many people seem to think we are alot more advanced or even 'aware' of our surroundings. Sometmes, I get the feeling some of us are not aware of our surroundings at the best of times. Getting back to the ancient world and the power of the mind.

The power of the mind is something that oringinated (i believe) from the beginning of time even before mainstream religious belief. Ancient reconds dating back before monothelusm came about indicate humans actually were busy hunting wild animals and gathering fire wood during the day and resting and relaxing during the night. This is where I think 'Meditation' may have sprung from. Belief if any came from thier surroundings and nature. It wasnt long before animal worship was practiced accominlating in ancient 'Pagan' beluefs and liking and respecting of nature. The ancients therefore knew that nature held the vital key to spirtual enlightenment. This is true of many od our animals today, where most animals can sense danger, smell or see anything well before we can. This is an example of knowledge gained at a time when modern-day science wasnt even around to 'question everything'.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 10 Oct 2013 16:23

yeah, thats true. they did have busier lives back then-nowadays we have no predators, there are jobs that took hours back then that are as simple as the press of a button now, we dont have to hunt wild animals for our food, instead we can buy meat from the supermarket, ready to put in the oven.

yeah, i think people were more aware of their surroundings back then, they had to be, as it was more dangerous-its not like you are going to get eaten by a bear on the way to the supermarket.