Raymond, Or Life And Death by Sir Oliver Lodge

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
GothicNateC

Raymond, Or Life And Death by Sir Oliver Lodge

Post by GothicNateC » 04 Sep 2012 02:48

A true account of Raymond Lodge, the son of the famous world-renowned physicist Sir Oliver Lodge. Sir Oliver Lodge had also served as president of the London-based Society for Psychical Research from 1901 to 1903.

The book opens with letters from 21 year old Raymond who had enlisted in World War 1. he wrote to family and friends back home his experiences in war, the toll it took on fellow soldiers, and some of the horrors he witnessed. By page 70, you love Raymond and his cheerful attitude and positive outlook in a terrible war...and his strength as a human being.

But in August of 1915, Sir Oliver began receiving cryptic messages from Mrs. Piper, the famous American trance medium from the now deceased Frederic William Henry Myers. The messages were puzzling to Sir Oliver...but they were actually a warning of an event that would be devastating to the Lodge family: Raymond's death.

But in the following months after Raymond's bodily death by German shrapnel, ...messages were sent to the Lodge family through various mediums by automatic writing, trance, and table tipping from Raymond and Frederic Myers. This book explores the cross-correspondence from various mediums. this means pieces of a message were sent to various mediums that alone, were puzzling, but when matched with other messages, gave the picture.

The book explores these messages, and presents facts that only the family would know...as proof...we never die.....we just leave our bodies.

The book is very touching...about a father's love for his son...and the family's ordeal in communicating with Raymond.
Attachments
Raymond_Lodge.jpg
(20.82 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

bluelighttouch

Re: Raymond, Or Life And Death by Sir Oliver Lodge

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Apr 2017 11:15

I thought Sherry might be interested in this thread.. See what you think??
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Apr 2017 12:24

You are right Blt! I am very interested about this.

I hadn't known Sir Oliver Lodge's son had been killed in war. I know I have read about him but for some reason I am getting researchers names mixed up. I have read so many books which are similar.

I read Arthur Findlay's book about his experiments with the medium John Sloane.

Can you help me here lols!

I think I am thinking of the scientist Sir William Cookes/Crookes?

I know something about Sir OIiver Lodge but am getting a bit mixed up.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Apr 2017 14:26

I can honestly say I know zip about Oliver Lodge apart from he wrote that book lol that I have never read.. I just thought it might interest you..
As well as Arthur Findlay, he was good friends with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who was a great believer in Spiritualism, apart from writing crime stories..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Apr 2017 21:19

Lols I must try and look this up as it's bugging me now what book I have read about him!

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 19 Apr 2017 22:18

There is a great book called 'Black Elk Speaks.. I hope to get a copyor E book..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 21 Apr 2017 16:53

I downloaded it and am just into the start of it!