For the investigators on the forum - show us your equipment!

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
Richard Cypher
Banned
Banned

For the investigators on the forum - show us your equipment!

Post by Richard Cypher » 26 Jun 2010 18:56

Go on, you wanna tell us. What stash of equipment have you got?

ghostie
Banned
Banned

Re: For the investigators on the forum - show us your equipment!

Post by ghostie » 26 Jun 2010 19:12

ive got a ghostbox and a DVR,that is all the kit i need.. :ghost:
Many sceptics believe in materialism as if it were a religion and they often refuse to consider evidence that contradicts their beliefs

Topic author
Richard Cypher
Banned
Banned

Post by Richard Cypher » 26 Jun 2010 19:38

So, nothing like this, then?

http://www.tomsgadgets.com/products/det ... =KIT204-18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of the above I need par se because I don't investigate, I've no need to. For now.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Jun 2010 21:03

Richard Cypher wrote:So, nothing like this, then?

http://www.tomsgadgets.com/products/det ... =KIT204-18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of the above I need par se because I don't investigate, I've no need to. For now.
I have known groups pay out cos they think that this is needed, but really its all window dressing..

All you need is a good day time walk around, to identify electric cables/ pylons etc obstructions and hazards. A notebook is good and a camcorder or moby that can record evps etc.. and a torch plus spare batteries..

Above all don't research the venue before you go there. Go do the invo, log what you get and look up history sightings etc afterwards, then you won't have any preconcieved ideas of what you might experience.. Having a box of gadgets is just window dressing, if you don't know how to use them and interpret the results then why have them.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Richard Cypher
Banned
Banned

Post by Richard Cypher » 26 Jun 2010 21:05

I do know how to use the equipment and what to look out for, plus I never have any pre-conceived ideas about anywhere I go to, in fact I'd prefer no one told me either, but let me get on it with myself and find out for myself. Though I don't have any of the equipment in that picture, that was just an example because in this field you have to have something to record readings as 'proof' if you wish to do it seriously that is.

Besides which I bashed my head against a brick wall attempting to explain something so basic as why and what the need for baseline testing eg to get the normal background, day to day readings to which to compare later if there is a sudden unexplainable (but not paranormal, could be anything and usually is once looked into more; usually it's just down to it being 'unusual' so sometimes not followed up but left as a result). As to report writing, doing any research ... I totally gave up on that angle in the end as it was as much a waste of time explaining about the basic need to baseline (you don't HAVE to do that, depends where you are, but for a modern home it's usually the done thing to rule out electrical or any other thing that's there normally) ...

My advice - don't run a group do it yourself! lol You will get less aggro, less headaches. Quite a few groups I've had links with over the years have eventually just fractured because of it. I am digressing but as I was on about equipment.

Topic author
Richard Cypher
Banned
Banned

Post by Richard Cypher » 04 Jul 2010 21:23

Anyway, you are right - they are just pointless toys that are used everyday by plumbers and electricians. Have been for donkey's years. Worthless toys.

Baphomet

Post by Baphomet » 08 Jul 2010 15:37

Hast'r! Ph-nglui mglw'nafh R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 08 Jul 2010 15:38

what is that used for? :P

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 Jul 2010 21:36

kayls wrote:what is that used for? :P
Erm Frying eggs??
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Baphomet

Post by Baphomet » 09 Jul 2010 16:27

kayls wrote:what is that used for? :P
Whatever you want it to be used for. But when it comes to hunting for ghosts it is as scientifically valid as anything else people wave around in the hopes of catching ghosts. :)
Hast'r! Ph-nglui mglw'nafh R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.