My Artwork Experience

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
sherry2
Great Britain

My Artwork Experience

Post by sherry2 » 19 Jul 2019 14:40

Last month I planned to have a table at a summer fayre with my daughter and had the urge to paint a scene of seaside houses with bright coloured fronts. I remembered seeing bright painted seaside houses in several holiday destinations over the years but obviously could not remember anything in detail. I drew and painted basic terraced type houses on a sea wall overlooking a harbour. It was all my own design and made up as I went along. The week before the fayre I had mostly finished my painting with just a few minor bits to build up on when a couple of friends joined us on the Saturday night. As soon as my friend came into the room where I had my painting on the sideboard she went straight to it and said how much she liked it. I told her I was hoping to sell it at a summer fayre the following week. To my surprise she asked if she could by it :lol: I flattered that she like it so much and said she could but I still had to do a few things to finish it.

During the following week I found out that our table at the fayre had been cancelled, so was extra pleased my friend had asked to buy the painting. I had decided to put her dog in the painting on the beach!

Anyway, when I finished the painting my friend popped in quick to collect it and said it reminded her of her holidays in Norfolk. I have enjoyed Norfolk holidays too but although I had not done my painting of any particular place I had been thinking more of Wales. It is a simple painting and very cheery. When I looked at it I felt like I wanted to see what was further along the street in either direction. It sort of drew you in, and my friend said the same.

A few hours later I got a phone call from my friend. She had shown the painting to her grown up son and daughter in law and he said I had captured the area well, Cromer. The first house in the row was painted green. You couldn't see the whole of the house but it looked like the first in a row of different coloured cottages. I had also done a small boat in the harbour and named it Merlin after one of my dogs who sadly died 19 months ago. Apparently my friends son and daughter in law had been thinking of moving to Norfolk and had recently looked at a green painted house, the first in a row, in Cromer. (They live in Derbyshire) They had looked at a boat in the harbour and it was called Merlin! The house was still for sale so he got a photo up of the area to show his mum. Although the houses at the end of the row were a bit different it looked basically like the same scene or area. There was the row of terraced coloured houses on the sea wall, a railing and the way the sea wall dropped down to the harbour. Even the type of sea wall was the same, large stones. So in comparison I had painted the painting as though looking at the houses face on, whereas the photo of the houses in Cromer were photographed looking sideways on.

It's thought provoking as had my friend not bought it there would have been no knowledge of the coincidences. I had no knowledge of any of this whilst painting it, that it was meant for anyone in particular. And it was originally done to sell at a summer fayre.

My friend and her family are at some point in the future moving to Norfolk to live, nearer their retirement.

I looked for the house for sale to compare again yesterday but it must have been sold as it's no longer listed. My friend's son had decided to stay in Derbyshire for now.

Just all seems a bit too coincidental really, especially with the boat being called Merlin and it's what my friends son and daughter in law remember clearly. I had not seen my friend since Christmas, though we speak regularly, so it was chance she visited the day she saw my painting. I have only met her son twice and by accident whilst out shopping.

I think when things like this happen it's like evidence that other things are going on around us which we aren't always aware of.

I will see if I can get a photo of my painting on here.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 19 Jul 2019 16:54

Hmm it might be timely to say their are no coincidences.. What you did was an inspired work aka psychic art.. Re the boat in the harbour, in the 70's there was a class of sailing dinghy called the Merlin Rocket.. I always wanted one of those :lol:
It is also natural that you thought if your dog as you added her dog to the painting.. I hope you got a good price.. pity they never followed up and bought the house.. I hope you sold it for a good price too. Well done.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 19 Jul 2019 19:07

Thank you. :)

I can't download it in here without joining something like photo bucket. I put it in FB. Obviously have not told the story there. But you will be able to see it as I have shared.

It's really weird how things come through on my paintings in different ways which I don't realise until sometime afterwards. Apart from the Indian painting. That felt so odd, especially when I couldn't get the face right and it ended up looking like my hubby when he was younger - and also a look of his dad! I really struggle with faces too.

It's the backgrounds like clouds and skies that have had shapes in them I am not aware I have done. The one with my first dog in really shocked me. And that was within an angel painting.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 19 Jul 2019 19:44

Its a while since I did any art.. But there were various artists who couldn't do faces so painted pictutes of '<atchstick men :lol: Van Gogh rarely did facesmostlylandscapes.. Frenchimpressionists made everything blurry without detail.. Dali put peanuts with london buses :lol: He could paint in a fine art way but like to twist his perception.Lowry was the Matchstick man..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 23 Jul 2019 14:06

If only it had been me who thought of those lols! I could do a good matchstick man lols

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Jul 2019 19:31

:lol: Yep me too.. My inspiration was Van Gogh and I spent hours in the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam...