Harry Price Ghost Hunter..

Talk about other paranormal shows you watch here.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Harry Price Ghost Hunter..

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Dec 2015 18:09

This was screened on sunday 27th December on ITV and is on Catch up now..
I just watched it.. its very interesting and what is more Harry Price actually existed and was a Paranormal investigator who started out to disprove ghosts and that there were scientific explanaitions for phenomena. He was a Sceptic initially but by the end of his life and from his findings he became a believer..
This 90 minute program is a dramatisation of the facts as they say.. But the science even in those early days was very similar to how investigations are carried out to this day..

I researched this man many years ago now..Along with a friend weposed as 'Researcher' and were given acess to his work, papers and findings from the Bury St Edmunds Record office... :eek:
If you can get Catch up do watch it... It is fascinating.. I'd be intesrested in what you think... :angel:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Re: Harry Price Ghost Hunter..

Post by junoomaha » 29 Dec 2015 23:57

I also knew of Harry Price's work. It was covered in The Unexplained - a series of magazines on the paranormal published in the 1980's. I watched the program as it was broadcast and it did remind me of those physiological thrillers that permeated the 1950's - a husband tries to drive his wife mad to get his hands on her inheritance by inventing ghosts - type scenario. Although it wasn't until the last half hour that ''Oh yes, I recognise this story line! " became evident. :)

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 30 Dec 2015 18:00

I had hoped this would be the 'Pilot' for a series but I guess not..
In those times all kinds ofshennanigans and fakery occured.. In a way similarities of Darren Day..

Ghosties are not always stressed out sleep walking ladies..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 03 Jan 2016 02:16

Thought Sherlock and the abominable bride was good.... it was the suffragettes what done it! :eek:

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Jan 2016 15:22

What Abominable Bride wasthat?? I must have missed that bit...