Ghost Adventures....

Talk about other paranormal shows you watch here.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Ghost Adventures....

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 May 2019 10:40

Last night was watching Ghost Adventures and it featured a house in Eueka Utah. USA.
Now I have been to Utah but although I have heard of a town called Ureka I never went there, maybe Ihad a lucky escape.
this time the team are investigating a old property that has connections with Alistair Crowley...he is known to be weird :lol: :ghost: Anyway Zak seems to like to play with fire.. I was quite impressed with some EVP's they got and some of the evidence they caught on camera..
Yhe woman who owned the property had, along with a guy beem carrying out decidedly 'Dark Arts' there..
Zak asked her if she had ever indulged in the occult of taken part in sceabces..She was very evasive..

Anyway, the team entered and set up locked off cameras , heat sensored and evp recording apparatus all over the house..Now I know its hard to capture a got EVP that is discernable as speech let alone intelligable. But Wow, on playback they got a full sentance in a mans voice saying 'Get out and stay out now!!.. I heard it clearly.. Zak was amazed too. Then there was a manifestation of a male entity right next to Zak, caught on camera showing a heat signature and followed by an evp of maniacal laughter..
Have a look see if you can get it on catch up..

Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 07 Aug 2019 19:15

Ghost Adventures is my guilty pleasure this week. I’ve been watching internet versions with subtitles.

Yes, my darling other half and my lovely daughter have gone away on holiday and I have the whole house to myself after work. The house seems bigger when they’re not in it. Of course I cleaned it all after they left and then seemed to have a lot of time on my hands.

I did watch a Most Haunted DVD but they always seem to just help me fall asleep.

Ghost Adventures is keeping me entertained. They seem to fit more into an episode and in the earlier ones they make more of an effort to ‘debunk’. I’m not a fan of Zak as a character but Aaron’s expressive face is a dream for me.

I even watched 2 where there were mums in houses claiming ghosts were attacking their kids and in the Amarillo one it was pretty clear that the mum was self harming and likely harming her 3 year old. As for the mum in the Fontana one who got Zak to get in bed with her and the kids while she wore a leopard print nightie, I think her eldest son was just irritated with her singing in bed.

I thought the Ghost Adventures people gave it a fair shot both times. They were clearly worried about the 3 year old and when I tried to look up what had happened next it is heavily implied that they called Children’s Services which is a good thing based on what you saw on video.

It also did show that their evidence collation is more logical than Most Haunted. Even when the evidence is not ‘paranormal’. I’m not saying I buy into it all 100%, but it is more entertaining and thought provoking.

It’s actually nice to have some where they find nothing and are honest about it to compare to the ones where they use the magic stick man camera and the fancy gadgets. They also seem to catch more things that I can see than Most Haunted. If you find nothing then be honest about it but show what you tried.

I did like the one where they put out sweets for a child ghost. Oh and the one in a hotel where there was a pretty convincing photo from a wedding that looked like a little girl ghost until Zak explained the mirror angle, glare and carpet pattern could cause that effect in the mirror. I do wish they wouldn’t meddle with invoking demons though; it spoils it for me.

I will however admit that being in a big old house on your own and watching nothing but Ghost Adventures can make you a little twitchy. Maybe not so sensible. But am debunking most movement as passing nearby trucks (they’re building new houses about 100 yards away) and neighbours and the new washer-dryer.

Apparently there is one where something is debunked as one of them farting. I’m going to try that one tonight.

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 08 Aug 2019 12:46

Lols, made me laugh with some of what you wrote there Tea!

I stopped watching MH many years ago and found I can't get into other programmes like it now. I have watched a few early Ghost Adventure but couldn't stick with it. When it's Halloween time I have watched a few special one off shows which haven't been too bad.

As for watching spooky stuff when alone in the house - I have tried that in the past but stopped as I have vivid dreams and sometimes nightmares so don't want to be having those subjects running around in my head just before sleeping. I actually had a nightmare last night - and that was after watching Emmerdale. Enough said lols.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 08 Aug 2019 17:10

Well this is the benefit of being Deaf @sherry2 ; I can’t hear them!!! Most Haunted is all “did you hear that?” but Ghost Adventures gives me things I can see like the magic ghost texting machine and the stick man finding machine and the different cameras. They seem to find more orbs and moving mists and shadows.

I watched one last night where they put a brain scan hat and measured the guys brain waves when they sent him to talk to the ghost man. That was interesting. The Eureka one was good too, I took Blue’s advice and watched that one.

However, I also have the benefit of not hearing them as I am told Zak’s voice is annoying. His lip pattern is like he’s really consciously controlling his speech; like someone who has had speech therapy to manage a stutter as a child.

Emmerdale and other soaps are far more scary. As for the news......brrrr, it’s chillingly scary. Thank goodness for the internet. Remember when you didn’t have that choice?

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 10 Aug 2019 18:59

Lols, I am deaf too but wear an hearing aid now. Take some getting used to. But in the day I watched MH 'did you hear that' really did get on my nerves. I loved that show in the early days and was sad to see it go down hill and become very boring and silly. If they had kept true it could still have been popular today.

I saw a programme, maybe last year, when they had celebs in a haunted place for a week or so and they used the stick man machine. It was fascinating how it worked. Maybe I ought to give Ghost Hunters another chance! Have to admit what goes on in the soaps is more scary. And the news - well. RT news is very scary. BBC and other channels don't show half as much what is going on and they are bad enough. There have been times I have refused to watch the news as it can all get too much. What a world we live in. Run by bully boys - and girls all over.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 11 Aug 2019 07:45

I did watch the Apache Mining Town one last night. I like the way that they had this new gas detecting thing (because gases have different ion signatures and maybe ghosts affect the gases when they change electrical signals) but all it picked up was Zak’s bean fart and he admitted to it. As all of the evidence in the mine was debunked as a fart and a bat they just admitted that.

When I heard that there was one with a fart I thought that they were going to try to make out that the fart was a ghost. Most Haunted would. I guess that Ghost Adventures care more about their credibility and reputation!!

What they found in other places in the town with the thermal camera and the glow stick laser things was more interesting. The conversation they had via glow stick laser seemed to be more intelligent than most conversations with politicians in the news.

I know that the conversations they have with the people they interview take up time, but I can see that it explains what they try to see if they can find the same phenomena or person.

I saw the Black Lake Inn one too where the ghost allegedly gave the daughter the agreed code word. I think that my code words will be “Royal Blend”.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 12 Aug 2019 12:11

I have had a lot of trouble viwing Ghost Adventure in full..I saw a few minutes of an episode last friday.. Dunno what , the only thing that struck me was a team member admitting he had a voice telling him to killZak :lol: It was in a hospital I think obviously disused..

As to fartsand Most Haumted well I had a mate who was a WPC she used to go on lots of investigation run by Phil Whyman and she told me Phil was the most gaseous investigator and any cries of 'Did you hear that?' unvariably was a thunderous peal fromPhil a lover of baked beans it seems..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 12 Aug 2019 20:09

:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet there were quite a few Most Haunted farts that were declared as ‘growls’.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Aug 2019 15:33

Maybe so but Phil reputation was known by many of his budding Ghost Hunters :lol:

Seriousexplorers of the unknown are forbidden to wear noisey clothing or eat noisey snacks like crisps etc and forbidden to wear perfumes andcolognes and not to smoke.

All our senses need to be honed to perfection and not masked by Youth Dew as my mate says, surey the most naff nasty pong ever sold. I have just arranged this afternoon arranged a trip to Scotland in Febuary to look for Rob Roys Ghost.. Its gonna be cold and it will be dark early, but will give it a go.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 13 Aug 2019 16:50

It’s funny;

My favourite bit of Most Haunted was the time interviews and psychic walk round; the investigation was not usually worth watching.

My favourite bit of Ghost Adventures is the investigation, but if I wander out to make tea during the interviews and walk round in the day I don’t feel I’ve missed anything important.

I would like to watch your Scottish one. I wouldn’t like to be cold in February.