A haunting (Australia)

Talk about other paranormal shows you watch here.

spookiefilmania
Australia

Re: A haunting (Australia)

Post by spookiefilmania » 12 Mar 2019 02:27

Sydney has its own noted ghostly buildings.
Three of the most haunted are the following:

The Manly Quarantine Station is reputed to be the most haunted place in Australia where you can stay overnite. Open from 1833 to 1984, the Q Station was established to isolate those arriving in Australia until they could be cleared of a contagious disease such as smallpox, typhoid, Spanish influenza and the bubonic plague. Many died horrible deaths. Not sure I want to stay overnite. Are you?

Gladesville Mental Hospital (Formerly Tarban Creek Lunatic Asylum) built on the Parramatta River was established in 1838 to care for patients with psychiatric illness.
Articles today detail the abuse, the appalling conditions and the neglect that happened within the hospital’s walls. Mass graves were created for deceased patients as families often refused to claim the bodies. There’s said to be over 1,000 graves beneath the hospital.

Studley Park House (Camden) - ...has developed a reputation for being the MOST HAUNTED HOUSE in Australia after the death of two children within its walls in the early 20th century.
Reports of spine chilling laughter of the boys who died here (Ray Blackstone, 13, in 1909 and Noel William Gregory, 14, 30 years later) as they play around the house.(see below) :ghost2:

https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform ... 8_fmax.jpg

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 12 Mar 2019 14:37

They sound seriously spooky!

I stayed in Craigy Nos Castle in Wales some years ago. It's said to be very haunted. We didn't see anything but had an enjoyable stay. There were 4 of us and we had a ghost tour of the castle one night. Did some tests and the bloke showing us around told us the history of the place. It's haunted by a singer call Patti (can't remember her name but it was during the era of long heavy dresses) In the 1950s it became a hospital for children with TB. At the time they thought it was of benefit for them to sit outside during freezing cold weather! We walked through the wards which still had some furniture in. And then went down into the cellars where everyone but me could hear someone whistling :lol:

I lived in a house haunted by Quakers during my first year but don't remember living there, though I visited my granddad many times for the next 9 years. Loved that house and wish it still stood. It was demolished in 1986. It was built in 16/1700s.

spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 12 Mar 2019 19:44

You visit a supposedly haunted castle in Wales and leave without seeing or hearing anything otherworldly. That is disappointing sherry. Odd you did not hear the whistling when others did. You seem receptive to those things going on your posts.

During the next nine years were there any sitings spoken of by your granddad. Even one Quaker? They were a religious sect from the 17th century if memory serves.... I am here early as I am a sufferer of insomnia....grrrr. the curse of my life. That is appropriate on a haunted forum.
spookie :ghost2:

spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 13 Mar 2019 05:20

Talk about a task to get my avatar. Success thru perseverence. :thumbsup:

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 13 Mar 2019 15:36

Insomnia is no fun. I don't suffer from it but I have family and friends who do. It must be hard to cope and function with.

When my mum moved to the 'haunted house' with her family she was 9 years old and the war had just started. She was the youngest in the family of 10 siblings. Her eldest brothers and sister we 20 plus years older. Most of the siblings still lived at home. Mum first saw the quaker around 3 weeks after moving in. She had her own bedroom and the door was left slightly ajar and no lighting on. The moon shining through gave some light and she opened her eyes to see the quaker standing just inside the doorway. He wore a big hat and looked to be all in black. She screamed and ended up sleeping with her mum and dad that night. I think she saw him again over the years but not a lot. Because she was so young and scared the rest of the family told her there was no such thing as ghosts and she must have imagined it or dreamt it. But when she was older it came to light that her brother and brother in law had seen him too. Both used the loo during the night and saw him on the way back to bed. Her brother in law said before he actually saw him he felt the hair on the back of his head lift. They both saw him hanging from the roof rafters. (Separate incidents)

There are several stories about the house which I feel sure I have put in here. One was about my uncles german shepherd.d, Laddie, a one man dog who feared nothing but backed away during the early hours one morning and whimpered in fear. Another where mum's older sisters experienced finding coats set out in a circle around the dining table twice on the same day on returning from town, and the front door being locked when they hadn't locked it and were too scared to come downstairs. I grew up hearing these stories and even now I love discussing them :lol:

It wasn't until I started some research of the area the house was in some 30 years ago that I found there was a big quaker following in that place. A Friends Meeting house was just across the road and also some well known quakers and poets William and Mary Howitt lived opposite. Though that house had been pulled down before my mum's family moved there.

It was strange that I couldn't hear the whistling whilst at the castle but I have been rather deaf since I was 26 and have tinnitus, so that may be something to do with it. The other people I was with were open minded but had not experienced anything before.

spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 13 Mar 2019 21:47

Wow fascinating. If you have any more ghostly stories I wanna hear them sherry.

If you wanna follow hauntings then the UK is the place. I have watched countless television shows about true haunted places on your small island. One I recall and enjoyed was the doco Haunted Castles of Britain hosted by Robert Hardy.. Your country has so much history.. much of it bloody. You have had a cival war and countless other battles in which thousands have been killed. Your class system condemned many of peasant stock to grizzly deaths. The witchfinders of the 17th century hanged and burned innocent women for witchcraft. It is fair to say that much of Britain is stained by the blood of people who met a violent death. Do they not say that they are the ones that do the most hauntings as their souls are not at rest?
Last edited by spookiefilmania on 14 Mar 2019 04:17, edited 1 time in total.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 14 Mar 2019 00:28

I do notknow what you know about Matthew Hopkins the So called Witch Finfer General but it happened in my area where I live.. The system at that time was corrupt and if you denounced your business partner, under the law you could claim their 'Goods and Chattles' .. So it was done for gain.. If awoman gave birth to a child with a deformity..
the agrieved family would say the Midwife who deleivered the baby had cursed them and the bavy with the deformity.. I guees had I be born in those times I would have been called a Witch too, as any Healer, Herbalist or Docotr invariably was blamed... It back fired on him as he got greedy and was himsrlf denoumced as a witch :lol:

Mh had a 3 dayLive on the Witch Finder General, I was there.. I t was set around Mannigtree and Canewdon area just 12 mules from me.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 14 Mar 2019 02:06

bluelighttouch wrote:
14 Mar 2019 00:28
I do notknow what you know about Matthew Hopkins the So called Witch Finfer General but it happened in my area where I live.. The system at that time was corrupt and if you denounced your business partner, under the law you could claim their 'Goods and Chattles' .. So it was done for gain.. If awoman gave birth to a child with a deformity..
the agrieved family would say the Midwife who deleivered the baby had cursed them and the bavy with the deformity.. I guees had I be born in those times I would have been called a Witch too, as any Healer, Herbalist or Docotr invariably was blamed... It back fired on him as he got greedy and was himsrlf denoumced as a witch :lol:

Mh had a 3 dayLive on the Witch Finder General, I was there.. I t was set around Mannigtree and Canewdon area just 12 mules from me.
Yep I have heard of him. Have seen a doco on him plus a film with Vincent Price playing the human monster.

3dayLive? I will take a look a those place names.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 14 Mar 2019 23:05

Yje Actual Live was centred around Manningtree, it was avery small live with only 98 people getting tickets, I waslucky to have 4 of them.. Dr David Bull featured as did Techard Felix, Kath, Yvette, Karl and Stu, before he lost his hair lol.. It was funny as they kept photgraphing the eaves of a buildong in Manningtree saying they hsd spectre on camera,I was laughing as it was Pidgeons :lol:
We also had Derek Achorah and Yvette paddling about in the mud by the river and yvette getsstuck in the mud and panics as she does...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 15 Mar 2019 14:20

Sounds like fun Blue!!

Spookie - I don't remember what stories I have put in here but I used to be under the name of Sherryanne in here. I changed because I had a problem with my password and couldn't get in. So if you look under Sherryanne you might find some old posts.