anyone else...?

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

Topic author
akennedy1
Australia

anyone else...?

Post by akennedy1 » 16 Jan 2019 06:39

Good afternoon all,

Am I alone in finding Fred COMPLETELY irritating?!??????
He's so obviously a conman, and not even a good one at that! Ex nightclub owner, failed singer and actor....now a SELF MADE demonologist??!! Complete with props, chants and costumes. He comes across as hard of hearing (doesn't hear other people speaking), arrogant and full of his own self-importance. The bit that really put me off was when they let him try to "summon Satan" in a CHURCH!!! WTF????? Might have cost them a few religious viewers on that occasion.
He destroys any semblance of credibility these guys have managed to cling on to. Everyone else is entertaining and I adore watching Karl and Yvette bickering, although I do feel sorry for poor Karl at times. But poor old Fred, I just want to strangle him at times. Perhaps then he could give them the ever-elusive ghost-caught-on-camera!

That's what they need......someone on the INSIDE. lol

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 16 Jan 2019 22:07

Ok To be honest a lot of us are not warmimg to Fred Batt at all.. Yes we know what he is supposed to have been involved in.. I do not think Fred could even summon up a taxi.. I think he brings nothing to the program.He is neither Psychic or sensitive or in anyway Mediumistic..
His only claim to fame is he is friends with Karl and Yvette..

Some people think he is scary, ie Darren...but lets be honest this program is not exactly honest in the way they try to investigate.. Stu and Karl just disrespect spirit so this is why they do not get anything.. Yes spirits have been caught on camera but not by the Most Haunted crew..

I can see Orbs witht the naked eye, but if I try to photograph them, they do not show up..
I can actually see and feel and heard spirit, but its not something all mediums can do.. Mediums and psychics work differently as do Sensative.. But MH do not use them any more or a parapsycologist or a Sensitive..

You do not have to stagger about old graveyards or old building etc in the dark. There is far more activity in the day time.. Spirit is all around its just not everyone experiences any of it.. If you are an arch sceptic they are just not open to spirit as a possibility.. So as not receptive they won't get anthing..

The more investigation one does, the more developmne one does then the more open to the possibity of being receptive..the more chance you have..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
akennedy1
Australia

Post by akennedy1 » 17 Jan 2019 04:43

Could someone PLEASE upload series 23 to Youtube? It's the only way I can see it (free) in Australia.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 17 Jan 2019 19:56

Oh I do not understand Fred's persona at all. I know that I've had this rant before and if someone can explain I would be grateful, but he is wearing a cross around his neck, with beads and I can't see if it is a Crucifix/Rosary even but then he invites Satan and his followers to come "in the name of Christ". It just makes no sense to me at all.

Plus when he was on the floor unconscious and Karl found him, he ran to get everyone else for a good gawp rather than first aid and ambulance. Fred's no spring chicken; he could have broken a hip whilst on his way to the floor (even if the fall wasn't fully accidental).

If I come across Season 23 I will let you know. I liked Seasons 4 up until I think 13 (the ones with the psychics). I have no clue what Season was the latest, but I am surprised if it was 23 or over. I don't think I would stake my wages on them ever having had 'credibility', but at least the majority of them seemed to have at least a (perhaps naive) curiosity in the old days.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Jan 2019 22:55

I have to say In recent year have lost faith in them ever getting evidence either on camera of by EVP etcas I think they will never do this..

Bearing in mind how many seasons they have had, they still have not had a single 'Wow moment' to their name..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 18 Jan 2019 17:17

From what you have said about Fred, Tea - I don't think he believes in any of it. If he did he would not be messing about calling up satan. He's an idiot. And you'd hardly call him up in the name of Christ.

I'd say he was an atheist through and through. And a daft one at that :lol:

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Jan 2019 17:42

Yep he surely is the mist 'unloved' team member...
BTW We cannot influence uploading of any series of MH ti youtube.. They still sell box sets and so make money fromthis..

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 18 Jan 2019 22:52

sherry2 wrote:
18 Jan 2019 17:17
From what you have said about Fred, Tea - I don't think he believes in any of it. If he did he would not be messing about calling up satan. He's an idiot. And you'd hardly call him up in the name of Christ.

I'd say he was an atheist through and through. And a daft one at that :lol:
Yeah, I'm not very up to speed on the different types of Christianity (I saw an Apostolic Chrych today and had to google what that meant)..... but I don't think Fred is following the rules of anything.

Darren seems to be wary of him and I think it's because Darren knows that Fred doesn't know what he's doing and that if something were to come forth, Fred would be as useful as an ice fire guard. Either that or Darren does believe that there is a possibility of spirit and that whilst fake footage is a quicker, and therefore more profitable option, that he doesn't want to test the limits too far.

I've seen Karl, Yvette and Glen roll their eyes at him. Both in the sense of impatience and the expression of boredom.

It's incredible that people like this can talk their way into paid employment. (Or get voted into important jobs). I'm presuming he's getting paid enough to make it worth his while.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 31 Jan 2019 19:01

I don't really like all the focus on demons, ghost hunting TV shows are all about the demons nowadays. Why not just work with whatever kind of ghosts are in the building, even if a friendly spirit of a previous owner who died there, or a mischievous poltergeist is not as dramatic as demonic entities.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 31 Jan 2019 23:16

O think it is 'Sensationalism' In all myyears of working with spirit and many paranormal investigations I have never come across Demon, cos I am not goading and calling them up ..