Most Haunted new one

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

junoomaha

Re: Most Haunted new one

Post by junoomaha » 22 Nov 2018 01:06

No such thing as coincidence? - you might well be right! :)

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 22 Nov 2018 17:35

Yep.. I think I will be ou this evenimg for a meet up with a few friends...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 22 Nov 2018 18:24

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am tired and not at my sharpest tonight.

The Fraudulent Mediums Act was repealed in 2008 by the Unfair Trade Regulations. Now I do see how that relates to direct services (text messages, direct sessions with a medium, etc) but not to consumers of a TV programme. I know that some reality shows have a thing that pops up with "some scenes created for your entertainment", but I don't see any case that a consumer has been 'mis-sold' Most Haunted and more than they were mis-sold Friends (on the basis that they were not 'really friends' or "The Naked Chef" (never saw him naked). So is this law really why they give that caveat at the start?

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 22 Nov 2018 22:38

It now says basically if you pay for a Spiritualist Reading and you do not think it was accurate, appropriate of good value for the expected fee, then you do not have to pay.. This meant a Medium who charged for their services it affected their income.. It arose after certain well known Mediuush. If I attended an evening of Clairvoyance we had to announce at commencement that this was an 'Experimental evening for entertainment purpuse'to comply with the amended act.. So the old Act was brought up to date.
I do not knowms were caught cheating.. Something which all genuine Mediums are furious about as it tarred all Mediums with the same brush. So the amended Act now applies and before we commence an evening of Clairvoyance etc we have to say This is an experimental evening for entertainment purposes.. I and many others find this insulting that the fastest growing Religion in the world today has to say it is for 'Entertainment purposes only'.
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 23 Nov 2018 01:48

Islam is for entertainment purposes only ?!? :eek:
Well that guy from thew West Midlands did post his letter to Ofcom on the MH Forum as well as their reply, which was pretty much in keeping with what we said earlier. He was of course backed up by all the atheists who targeted the site in those days too. Then there was that Sally women who got caught using an ear piece at a reading..... :( then there were those mediums on MH who got caught reading up on the so called 'secret' locations prior to joining the team there. Then there was Derek..... :hyper:

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 23 Nov 2018 07:51

The irony is that under the old Act, it could have been proven that Sally intended to deceive, probably the same for Derek Acorah. Under the Regs it's that it would have to be proven that there was an intentional or negligent misleading or pressuring of a consumer to buy a product or receive a service. With any TV show, I sincerely doubt that could be proven because the 'consumer contract' element is missing. Which is just as well for them as they now have a statement that it will be 'entertaining' and the general consensus seems to be that it is not.

Whilst I do see why those in Spiritualist churches or alternative therapies find this offensive (having to label things for 'entertainment') and I do see the need for some protection for people who get sucked in to premium rate phone lines, I think Ofcom guidelines on broadcasting fit Most Haunted's situation far better than the consumer regs.

However, I would be most entertained by a Most Haunted legal case.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Nov 2018 12:57

junoomaha wrote:
23 Nov 2018 01:48
Islam is for entertainment purposes only ?!? :eek:
Well that guy from thew West Midlands did post his letter to Ofcom on the MH Forum as well as their reply, which was pretty much in keeping with what we said earlier. He was of course backed up by all the atheists who targeted the site in those days too. Then there was that Sally women who got caught using an ear piece at a reading..... :( then there were those mediums on MH who got caught reading up on the so called 'secret' locations prior to joining the team there. Then there was Derek..... :hyper:
I never mentioned Islam.. Do not want anything to do with them.. Or JW's or weird cults etc.. Religon is the cause of most wars..

I never felt convince re Sally Morgan ever..
DA I have zero respect for now as he sold out for money.. and now no one wants to pay to see him.
The MH Team member Keiran O'Keefe set a trap for him and he walked right into it.. But Who was it who primed him with the info the researchers found out.. Yvette & Karl the producers..

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Nov 2018 13:06

Téa wrote:
23 Nov 2018 07:51

Whilst I do see why those in Spiritualist churches or alternative therapies find this offensive (having to label things for 'entertainment') and I do see the need for some protection for people who get sucked in to premium rate phone lines, I think Ofcom guidelines on broadcasting fit Most Haunted's situation far better than the consumer regs.

However, I would be most entertained by a Most Haunted legal case.
I am now a practising Complementery Therapist, I did training and case studies and exams which lasted 4 1/2 years plus 148 detailed case studues before sitting any exams.. Never have I heard of a Comp Therapy being regarded as being for entertainment purposes..
So I do not understand where that came from..

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 23 Nov 2018 14:30

No sorry Bluelighttouch that was my bad wording and grammar. I mean in terms of disclaimers being given that there is no assurance of 'cure' or that medical advice of a doctor is to be dispensed with etc.

Topic author
bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Nov 2018 17:25

I do not think any Complementary Therapist would ever claim to 'Cure' we always say this runs along side of conventional medical care.. We all have Codes of Ethics and are Climically responsible. To give you an idea Doctors are responsible for up to 7 years after their treatment of patients. Midwive belive it or not are Climically responsible for up to 25 years after the treatment /Delivery of mums and babies.. When I worked in the NHS I had a £4.5m Indemnity Insurance and even as a Complementary Therapist I have the same level of Insurance.. Yet in the history of all this..Not a penny has been paod in damages.. Doctors well you hear of claims for Medical Negligence all the time..