Most Haunted opinion

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

Topic author
Omac7
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Most Haunted opinion

Post by Omac7 » 10 Oct 2014 12:51

Hi all, just want to say a few things about the show,

Ive been a big most haunted fan and grew up watching from the beggining. I looked forward to it every week and the vast variety of different locations was fantastic. Over the years however i personally feel that it lost some of its appeal for various reasons although i was dissapointed when it ended a few years back. Im pleased it is back on again now but its just not the same.

I loved the early years (probably the first 4 series). The music, introductions, walk arounds, analysis, and crew members all made the show really captivating to watch. People like Richard Felix and Phil Whyman all brought something extra to the show aswell. I also like the fact that at some locations there was little or nothing that happened as to me this gave the impression that the investigations were 100% real. Particular favorites were Brannigans, Caesars, Tutbury castle, Craig y nos, Jamaica Inn and the manor house.

However id say from series 6 or 7 onwards in my opinion the show became quite repetitive in terms of alleged paranormal activity taking place therefore making me question whether it was all real or not. Ive been quite dissapointed with the current series (ive only seen about 3 or 4 episodes). The walk arounds are still great and the locations interesting but the amount of stone throwing is a bit of a joke. Much of the activity seems to be centred around Karl and Stu aswell. Its all pretty amateurish. Where has all the equipment gone?...the locked off cameras and various experiments that had been tried out in previous series? Dont get me wrong... i still like watching it but as i said earlier its not the same as the early days.

Another thing, on the back of the first series dvd it states "The Most Haunted team have set about to bring an honest, impartial account of paranormal activity" Has this changed over the years? Obviously the fiasco with Derek poses the question as does the message prior that the show is for "entertainment purposes" If (and it looks increasingly likely) much of the activity has been put on id feel quite dissapointed and let down that what was once a great show has lost its way.

Just a few of my thoughts as a Mosh Haunted Fan. How does everyone else feel about the show and how it has evolved over the years?

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 10 Oct 2014 13:23

Hi and welcome to :mhf: ... I have to say I agree with you... I think this series seems to have been done on the cheap... I joked that the team were just topping up their private pension schemes..

I have met various team members and knew some of their Mediums, I also know of a researcher who left, in disgust... Various Mediums did the same thing, like Ian Lawman, David Wells and that Gordon aka The Psychic Barber...
Look at what happened.. Richard Felix is a really nice guy and very well read.. They got rid of him, probably because he wouldn't 'embellish his finding' ... David Wells was probably the best one who stuck it out for a long time.. But the team refused to accept his 'Protection' and generallu goaded and disrespected spirit to the nth degree.. I recall the last time I saw David and again he asked they accept protection and Stu said 'No, Bring it on'.... Moments later David was scrying and the mirror was smashed on his head.. I think David knew then he was knocking his head against a brick wall trying to carry on working with them...
I know what I have been told in confidence by other Mediums and they refuse to work with the team now..

So saying we have a new series and there are no Mediums or Psychics etc... Is not because the team felt they didn't need them, its more likely that no genuine self respecting medium of any standing will work with them, and can you wonder..

There was a review some years back of ''The Fraudulent Mediums Act'.... This is pretty insulting to any Spiritualist Medium or otherwise, of which I am one... This required Spiritualists and any public event they were involved in to be described as 'For Entertainment purposes only'
Thats anything televised, any sp church or group, any 'Clairvoyant nights etc everything...

Do you know of any other religon that has to be humiliated this way, cos I sure don't....

I know many of the locations as I have been to many of these locations, lomg before tmh went there..
I have Paranormal Investigater friends etc... There are genuine people out there and there are genuine cases of phenomena that cannot be explained away.... But not I fear with this current team's series....

Again thank you for a very well thought out first post and you are very welcome to our board... :thumbsup:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Omac7

Post by Omac7 » 10 Oct 2014 21:49

Thanks for the welcome bluelighttouch. :thumbsup:

Interesting points particularly about the mediums and thanks for clearing up the for entertainment purposes bit. I agree that it is a bit of an insult to have to include this. I would love to visit some of the locations mh have been to ! but living in northern Ireland makes this difficult. Would love to see more investigations in NI as there are plenty of ghosts and haunted places over here :ghost2:

As for the show, yeah we can only hope it gets better. I hope it continues after this series though as I do enjoy it real or not.

Ming

Post by Ming » 10 Oct 2014 21:55

I think people Are expecting way to much from this series. Yvette has always said :" it is about a group of mates hanging round an empty house" I love most hunted cause it's fun. But we all have different ideas about how to conduct a ghost hunt. Disagree with you both.
Watch every episode and love it.

Welcome.
Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Oct 2014 10:02

I have never ever heard yvette say anything like that.. but I'm not saying she might not have.. Do you mean that you agree with them Goading and disrespecting spirit..:eek: Or something else..
We are all entitled to have an opinion on the show and lets face it, it is a show.. I do not regard it an a serious investigation now..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

relichunter

Post by relichunter » 11 Oct 2014 12:10

well ya all know my opinion.
i did actually watch it thursday night and honestly... thought, nagh same old schit... Sorry.
http://angelsandspirits.freeforums.org/index.php

Ming

Post by Ming » 11 Oct 2014 17:50

As to goading. Most paranormal shows do it. Ghost lab in particular. Also ghost adventures do it a lot. Is it a spiritual taboo to goad spirits?
As to my quote she said it as recently on loose woman.
There is no hard and fast rule to ghost hunting. Every team is different and I am enjoying this series just as much as the other series.
I have Watched it from the beginning and will keep on watching it. I enjoy it for what it is.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Oct 2014 18:36

I was watching the MH progs I recorded fron the new Series as I didn't get to see them on the thursday nights.. So far the best one was The Galleries of Justice one.. I thought the phenomena in the lift with all 4 of them present was good.. even their token sceptic thought so...

Ming

Post by Ming » 14 Oct 2014 15:12

The life was good. I was watching ghost adventures on the Queen Mary, and was surprised that both shows got simmilar experiences.
Zac did wonder about the little girl in the first class swimming pool. YVETTE and ciaran heard the same little girl. But there was no little girl who died there . Zac wondered if it could be a spirit projecting themselves as a little spirit.
Most haunted had 3 weeks on the ship but did not look into this where zac and aaron picked up some encredible camera footage of what looked like a spirit growing in size. :(
I like the simplicity of the series of most haunted and the fact they have re visited some old locations. I only don't like the new hair dresser.
Miss cath.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 14 Oct 2014 19:21

I remember the Invo on the Queen Mary too and as I recall there was an incident of wet footprints appearing...
I do not remember if they were a childs or if both teams saw them...