Announced on FB

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

GothicNateC

Re: Announced on FB

Post by GothicNateC » 28 Jun 2013 12:10

Karl has been sorting for three years lol

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 28 Jun 2013 12:47

From what I have observed they cannot agree on what was actually said by Yvette but what it appears to be is that " Karl is working hard all hours to bring Most Haunted back " ... and that be all there be to it.

Personally I think there is more chance of Elvis appearing live on stage at a theatre near you ( and I mean live , not those projected stage shows )

By the way and for good measure .... what do you think of this comment from the man himself :

" We used to love the dialogue we had in the early days when forums actually mattered and people went on them for a reason; constructive criticism, sadly that is all but lost, so I intend to try and change it. I am taking the bold step of shutting down all social media sites which use the name Most Haunted and start my own one where politeness, understanding and constructive criticism will be welcome, I am sure there will be some that will ‘troll’ it but they will be quickly blocked. I want people to be able to be apart of a community that allows you express your ideas and ask your questions
without the fear of being bullied into oblivion. If we all do the same we could eventually become a part of a world wide paranormal community that boasts tolerance and acceptance as its mantra. "

Have you considered a name change ? .... just in case ?
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 28 Jun 2013 12:58

where did he say that?

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 28 Jun 2013 14:39

Sorry Kayls , from Haunted Magazine.

Here is the full article from an article from " Karl's Korner of Kontroversy ":

Paranormal Groups And Social Media Network Morons

When we started Most Haunted there were only a few paranormal groups in Great Britain, now 12 years later there are ten’s of
thousands and seemingly all at war with each other.

When we started this epic journey there were only internet forums, which, at first were invaluable as a source of information, feedback, resource and connectivity with the people interested in paranormal investigation. It was those very people on the forums
from the first series that told me they wanted hour long shows, I took that on board, went to the channel and after a series of meetings made that happen for them, it was a great community of like minded people, then the idiots turned up.

Today’s forum equivalents are social media sites, where it seems that some pusillanimous people can hide behind false identities to cause trouble on other sites. I do strongly believe that generally people are good and, with the exception of a few, don’t want to cause trouble, but in this world of fast food and even faster tempers it has got out of hand. Recently I was sent a transcript from a facebook member who was sent some of the most hateful messages I have seen, why? She dared to question someone! It seems that people on social media turn into a pack of rabid hyenas if someone expresses an opinion, as they read only what they want to
read and rarely what is meant. Of course there is no need to put up with childish behaviour, it takes only seconds to block the idiots and minutes to talk to the others.

The paranormal community should be one of help and care, let’s face it, what ever you believe, the whole thing is based on spirituality. Who cares who gets the first picture of ghost or who prefers Franks Box to EMF readers, who cares if one person uses a
ouija board and another and old sock with a boiled egg in it (OK, I made that one up), we are all on the same journey, just taking different paths. Who cares if you like Most Haunted or Paranormal Highway, all have positives and all have negatives, so let us build
on the positives and talk not throw insults. But what to do about it? Yes I know it is easy to say ‘just ignore them’, ‘block them’ or ‘let’s all be friends’ but we live in such a mixed society, where social media has stopped many people going out and interacting with others, preferring to speak through the typed word instead, that people have forgotten how to deal with confrontation, and dealing with confrontation is a key part to the success of our social structure.

We text people with bad news, even have text arguments, that last for hours with the incessant ‘beep’ that says ‘yes, you have been responded too’ when a phone call would have taken only seconds and stopped the problem escalating. For example, only last week my son was trying to sort out what he and his girlfriend were going to do that evening. The first text was early in the afternoon and by 8 O’clock that evening they still hadn’t worked it out. There he was standing in the kitchen looking at his phone, yes I did say phone a devise invented to speak on, looking all dishevelled, ‘What’s the matter?’ I asked, “I’m waiting for Lucy to text me back’ was the
reply, ‘Well, why don’t you just call her and actually talk’ I questioned, ‘I can’t cause I texted her last’ came the sullen response. I am sure that if one had actually called the other in the first place all would have been sorted in the early afternoon and relieved them both
of hours of indecision and stress. When we text, message or post comments to people it is a way of saying what we want without being interrupted, but by talking we learn to deal with interruption and the complexities of communication. But with social media taking over the lives of so many texting, typing and posting have taken the place of meeting in person and physical interaction, so instead of just reading what is in front of us and react without looking at the meaning of it first. As many of you know, I have never been afraid to write or say what I truly feel, however, I never go out of my way to put forward anything that would cause harm or upset to anyone that didn’t deserve it, and I am always ready to defend any of my actions. My only complaint against mediums is the one of fakery, none of us would accept a fake surgeon giving us an operation or a fake dentist taking out one of our teeth and yet some people allow a known fake medium to guide their lives, many will say that they deserve a second chance, I am pretty sure you
wouldn’t give an ex-‐ burglar a second chance and allow them to housesit, or an ex-‐car thief park your car, but will allow a known ‘outed’ fake psychic give you readings that you will steer your life by, and let’s face it, for many the chance isn’t a second one
when they have been found out time and time again. Yes I am very vocal about fake mediums as should everybody be, I have never said a bad word about real mediums, but as I mentioned earlier in this article, people read what they want to read. The paranormal community is a great one, the world we all investigate is full of wonder, excitement and the unknown, so come on every body let us try to work together for the good us all, get rid the egos, the tantrums and the nastiness and pull together as we do need each other. Ants survive because of the individual, humans survive in spite of the individual, I’m not saying that we should all become ants, mainly because that would be impossible and living in the ground with so many family members would drive most of us to distraction, also being an ant we wouldn’t be interested in the paranormal or even have the internet so it would really be a waste
of time, what I am saying is let us try to understand what we all are, try to be compassionate, try to be interested and constructive.
We should support all of the different ghost groups and ghost events companies not use them as separate camps of despair, where,
if you go on one another will not let go on theirs, it really is pathetic and extremely childish. Remember people put their life and soul into their varying endeavours and that should be respected. Most Haunted has been a huge part of mine and Yvette’s life, we believe greatly in what we do and what the show stands for, yes it has its faults but no one and nothing is perfect, it took years of hard work
for it to become the success it is, a lot of difficult decisions had to made along the way, but all were done for the good of the show, and as its viewing figures continued to rise, they proved to be right. I do not expect everyone to like it and thanks to the huge
amount of copycat shows, there are plenty of others to watch, so people can always turn over. This doesn’t mean that you can’t critique the shows, which takes me back to start of this article. We used to love the dialogue we had in the early days when forums
actually mattered and people went on them for a reason; constructive criticism, sadly that is all but lost, so I intend to try and change it. I am taking the bold step of shutting down all social media sites which use the name Most Haunted and start my own one where
politeness, understanding and constructive criticism will be welcome, I am sure there will be some that will ‘troll’ it but they will be quickly blocked. I want people to be able to be apart of a community that allows you express your ideas and ask your questions
without the fear of being bullied into oblivion. If we all do the same we could eventually become a part of a world wide paranormal community that boasts tolerance and acceptance as its mantra. ‘BANG’ whoops, just fell off my soapbox.

K A R L B EAT T I E W I L L R E T U R N . . .
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 28 Jun 2013 16:23

i think its relating more to the facebook groups. they seem to be having a real troll problem at the moment with people joining just to bash other people, and then theres also people who are getting annoyed with the group because they feel their opinions are being silenced because theyre sceptical that mh is coming back or feeling that the hardcore fans are a bit extreme (i feel they can be though...), people asking the same questions again and getting jumped on for it

sometimes it reminds me of the old living forums

we are fairly quiet and friendly, and havent had much in the way of major drama and mainly get on well, and we run it more professionally than the facebook groups...and im not the kind of extreme superfan who has a real obsession over mh. the team seem to like them way better though, mainly because they are superfans who worship the ground they walk on and dont allow anything negative to be said.

GothicNateC

Post by GothicNateC » 29 Jun 2013 01:59

That is one of the many reasons I do not use FaceBook. I have seen too many friends get hurt over stupid squabbles. I used to have an account, but I closed it. I found the friends I knew in person wouldn't speak to me directly in person, or send me a text, they would post to a group. The calls slowed down...the texts slowed down...so if I wanted news on my friends, I had to read a message to everyone. Well..NO WAY!

I closed the account, and pretty soon they started talking directly to me and not a crowd.

mhNo1Fan

Post by mhNo1Fan » 15 Jul 2013 10:22

I am so pleased that MH is coming back ;D lets hope we don't have to wait too long.
Nice faces go nice places

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 15 Jul 2013 18:30

yeah, me too, i hope its on soon :)