Time to re-invent the forum?

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

Topic author
junoomaha

Time to re-invent the forum?

Post by junoomaha » 11 Jun 2013 22:08

As Kayls wrote previously, it is now 12 years since the first episode of Most Haunted was broadcast.
It is also over 3 years since the last episode was transmitted.
Most Haunted may now have cult status but this also implies that out-side of it's devoted followers it is rapidly becoming a niche market.
In other words the number of people ''finding'' this forum by searching for the program name will decrease whereas people Googling ''Haunted''
will be the only ones who come across us and many will wonder what on earth we are on about! they will think ''how quaint'' ''old folk reminiscing
about some long dead T.V. show, awwwwwww..''
Then go off in search of something more modern.
Should we remain an ever deceasing circle longing for the olde days of Yvette, Karl and Stu?!
or should we change the forum name to something more exotic? e.g. ''Hauntings and other Paranormal events - the wonderful world of the Rochdale Ghostbuster!''

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time to re-invent the forum?

Post by kayls » 11 Jun 2013 22:14

actually the majority of hits from search engines are people asking when most haunted is coming back, so people are still interested.

Topic author
junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 11 Jun 2013 22:19

Aye, but a dying breed..... :(

GothicNateC

Post by GothicNateC » 12 Jun 2013 00:43

Don't change a thing! This is just fine!!

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 12 Jun 2013 12:49

Er Juno who died and made you King :lol:
Most Haunted could apply to lots of things not just the show of that name.. It says in no uncertain forms that this is a paranormal forum... Not soley of course, because as you know , not everything is 'Paranormal'..

I think as forums go, we do ok.. there are a lot of others that have fallen by the wayside...
Our members have a wealth of experiences to relate.. Should anyone ask of course.. We have members who have all been to different venues and I have to say if I was planning on going on an Invo any where, I'd ask here first if anyone had been and if it was active etc... rather than faked for tourists as in some places trying to cash in... ;)
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

spiritshocker

Post by spiritshocker » 12 Jun 2013 19:23

i agree with sheila :)
I'm not drunk, I'm just holding onto the lawn so I don't fall off the earth :lol:

cindyrogers

Post by cindyrogers » 13 Jun 2013 17:01

I like the name. When I first looked at the Forum I didn't even related it to the show. I'm with Sheila. It basically says what the Forum is mostly about. The paranormal. IMO

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Jun 2013 17:35

Thanks guys....
There are a lot worse places to spend your time... Althought I am thinking or taking some time out.....
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 13 Jun 2013 18:46

Time out's cool :)
I have to as until I set up everything in my new house I only have limited access to the internet.
Then again I don't think one should spend too much time on line, as that could make you an addict!
or worse, a modern teenager! :eek: :hyper:

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Jun 2013 19:56

:lol: Ok So you have moved in then.. I hope it was uneventful and wish you all the nest in your new home...

You have had a tough few years, so maybe things are looking up now... Will you be in chat tomorrow Juno?....