Viewing figures

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

Topic author
13thatthetable

Viewing figures

Post by 13thatthetable » 26 Apr 2013 14:38

For those interested in viewing figures I have attached a link to BARB for ratings :

http://www.barb.co.uk/search/site-searc ... ry=pick+tv

Myself and a forum buddy have been watching the Most Haunted figures over the last 2 months out of interest after all the blow hard " we are coming back " nonsense they have been spouting.

The majority of cases Most Haunted does not even enter the Top 10 , it does occasionally with some weeks a figure of 23,000 viewers ... but when you equate that with a 30 year repeat of " Last Of The Summer Wine " which had 3 times the ratings then you have to question what is happening.

Have a look , see for yourself.
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Viewing figures

Post by kayls » 26 Apr 2013 16:12

not good then?

theyve been repeated so many times though, i often dont watch the repeats as ive seen them around 50 times each-they used to be repeated at midnight every night on living for years.

i dont think mh will be back now, as much as they say they are planning, i dont think it will.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Apr 2013 18:53

I honestly think that viewing figures were affected by the shennigans of Karl and /Stu re the spoonthrowing and with Keiran re the Kreed Kafer incident.. these two things alone have made the program and its remit.. become suspect..

I can't see them coming back.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

GothicNateC

Post by GothicNateC » 29 Apr 2013 13:18

I think people love Yvette, but I think they got tired of the hysteria of the Cath and Lesley, and of the arrogance of Stu and Karl. And it seems like they were trying to sell the show as a group thing again instead of maybe just Yvette alone.

No one seems to know what happened to Karl's film. It must have been shelved. And the Lionsgate deal must have soured.

I don't think you can base the popularity of a show based on the ratings numbers of shows that have been aired countless times. If people saw it once, and it's not a classic or a rare tv event, and it's been on a million times already, they won't tune in. Plus, it's on DVD and millions of people own the DVD's.

Whatever disagreement they got into with Living seems to have black balled them.

And they probably don't want to try selling the show in a different country.

clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 02 May 2013 17:41

There has too much timed lapsed now. If they had tried to turn it round about 18 months ago, re formated it and got rid of the screaming and Karl & Stu, there was a chance it might have worked. People have now have just got fed up of broken promises and broken promises have just been the final straw that broke the camels back.

GothicNateC

Post by GothicNateC » 03 May 2013 11:28

Or maybe said something like "We'll do what we can, but make no promises"

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 17 Jun 2013 18:24

I agree with the above posts.....................such a shame though. When it first started I was so excited and really thought they were getting somewhere. Then things changed and unfortunately seemed to concentrate more on the presenters and their shenanigans, rather than the investigation. I mourn it for the loss of a great opportunity and what might, or could, have been.

GothicNateC

Post by GothicNateC » 18 Jun 2013 01:15

I have been watching seasons two and three.

At that time, Stu and Karl were there, but they were more in the background. Richard gave great monologues, and Yvette pretty much let Derek fluff.

But when it came to evidence, they admitted when they didn't get much or couldn't explain something. They presented recording and has Mathew Smith i think his name was, give his psychological impression of the investigation. It brought credibility.

One thing I did notice, was Derek and his "fluff". When ever he was struggling for an answer, he would talk in circles. For example, he would say things like "It has been brought to my attention and it is bringing it to the forefront and it will be presented to me in such a way that I can examine that which was brought from the darkness" WHAT?

he would also give some loud nonsense speech about what he felt happened whenever the group went into a frenzy over something. They would be screaming and jumping and Derek just stands there spewing hot air lol

Derek did give some good information, but when he wasn't finding facts, he gave fluff so that he would remain in the spotlight.