haunted digital magazine

Talk about Most Haunted, Antix and the Most Haunted Team here.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: haunted digital magazine

Post by kayls » 22 Apr 2013 13:41

yeah, youd think that the first thing a paranormal investigator would think of when hearing music would be checking whether there is anywhere it could have been coming from-part of investigating is ruling out natural explanations. i think some people actively go out to find a ghost, and cause ghosts are the thing they want to find, they dont look into natural explanations. also a lot of people expect their ghost photos to completely amaze everyone and even have yvette and karl excited over how amazing and wonderful they are and how its proper scientific explanations, and then get upset when reality hits. i dont think some people realise that sceptics arent bad, they just dont want the paranormal world being filled up with disinformation and very weak evidence.

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 22 Apr 2013 14:06

I suspect this individual has been on the tour , not on a vigil with a reputable PNI as I was fortunate to be last year.

As I said in my introduction there are people who experience things they cannot explain and for some it can be a very emotive subject so I tend not to get involved to much with the personal experience of folk but this case did warrant an enquiry with the individual concerned.

Yes , approach the matter with an open mind ... but in the words of the man himself not so open that your brain will fall out ;)
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 22 Apr 2013 17:04

so true :) and its not open minded to deny any alternative explanation that sounds plausible, its being closed minded just as automatically saying everything was fake would be. its open minded to consider natural explanations first, be open to listening to other peoples ideas, and when youve ruled everything out, then you can say it could be paranormal.

hauntedmagazine

Post by hauntedmagazine » 03 May 2013 21:51

Hi there,
I am Paul, the editor of Haunted Digital Magazine and I would just like to clear up any confusion surrounding Haunted Digital Magazine, there has been some comments about the magazine and Karl's feature and the fact that there is an advert for a medium in the magazine - how can the magazine do that, slag off mediums in one breath and advertise them in another, it is a valid point so we thought that we would explain - the advert in question is for Philip Solomon, who is one of our writers and we bang his ad in the magazine free of charge - the magazine is owned by my company Dead Good Publishing Ltd and is 100% editorially controlled by me and my co-owner Andy Soar - Most Haunted do not dictate to us what we feature, what we write about, what non-MH content we use - we are more than happy, in fact over the moon kind of happy to be endorsed, supported and championed by Most Haunted and the exclusive content that they have given us is more than we ever thought that we would get when we met up with Karl in February - if people want to think that it is the official Most Haunted Magazine that's fine, it means that we are doing the job of promoting MH the way we want to do it!! Our ethos is very simple: to produce a magazine that is fun, fresh, interesting, informative and entertaining and not like any other paranormal magazine, past, present and hopefully future!! As a magazine we are constantly wanting to question, to evolve, to be unique, to be different and a little bit cheeky and controversial in the mixed up paranormal world that we love - we are not Fate & Fortune and will never want to be - The exclusive MH content that we bring you is courtesy of Yvette, Karl, Fred and Simon and is planting the seeds for the new era, it has helped the magazine to get more recognition, create more open debate and we knew exactly what reception Karl's feature would generate, as did Karl - Anyway who thinks we're bias should take a look at our past issues and interviews with Derek Acorah, Chris Conway and Ian Lawman - I hope that clears everything up!! If it doesn't feel free to ask any questions then please do so

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 03 May 2013 22:04

thank you for joining us and clearing this up :)

i think its fine that you are advertising mediums even though some of the writers dont believe in them, cause mediums are something that is part of the paranormal world and people are interested in them :)

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 06 May 2013 08:25

Afraid reference to this being " MH Magazine " comes from the FB page , as I has said earlier the magazine has contributions from MH members and is not exclusively about them.

Whether you agree regards the ability of mediums or not I do feel that all aspects of the paranormal are covered for everybodies interest and to open debate on the matter.

For the records I have enjoyed reading the magazines to date ( even the Most Haunted stuff ... it was "amusing" )
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

Bobtheghost

Post by Bobtheghost » 26 May 2013 14:20

Im quite enjoying the magazine.