What do you make of Bigfoot...

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

What do you make of Bigfoot...

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Dec 2016 22:31

I just spent 5 weeks in Bigfoot country and yes they really believe it big time.
Whilst I was there, many docos were on tv about it too. Its not just Texas, South Carolina is a hot spot too and the Appalacian trail... There are organised grounps who go looking for them and some times get more than they bargain for. :eek: I saw lots of footage to and they were not just hazy pics in the distance.. Visible footage. Where I was staying , someone I knew. He related froma personal experience what had happened to him about 10 days before I arrived. He told me what happened and I asked him to describe it a few times to see if his story changed... it didn't.

He was night fishing in his little boat a small dory type 18footer with an outboard.. He had fished for a while and set out some experimental lines for a bottom tackle he was developing..
So he set his lines and was sleeping, when there was movement in the water at the side of his boat. Now this was Kick apoocreek at one end of Lake Livingstone.. He was siting in a mudbank. He awoke to see this creature rear up at the side of the boat. He said he doesn't know who was the most scared him or it. He jumped up and yelled probably WTF knowing him and the creature launched itself back off the mudbank and swam off into the night..He told me he had never been so scared in his life.. He decribed it as bigger that the biggest guy he'd ever seen!! It was dark and as it swam off he shone a light on it.. He saw the back of it momentarily and said it resembled raggedy strands of hair like in a Ghillie suit??? Sort of greyish ...

Anyway he started up the engine and sped back in heart pounding... He never thought to try and take a pic he just wanted to get away..

The whole experience shook him up a lot, He told me about it and I did a bit of digging.. It seems locally it is known as the Cherokee Devil... sightings always take place when the observer is alone!! Every one who had this expereince was shocked and disoriented...
He wouldn't got out there alone after that... I said ok How about if I came too? Well ok... but we never got the chance as the engine packed up :lol:

We did have a few night fishing trips but did not see or hear any more. He showed me a ghillie suit.. its got blue grey strands of cloth and thread to act as a camoflage, the moment I saw the suit I knew what he had seen...I had been researching it for days before he told me.. The local Native americans say this creature has featured in their folklore for generations. That it is associated with a Cherokee ledged where a young cherokee girl is seen ofter connected with land sightings.
.It must have really scared him as a week after we went looking... he sold his boat!! He said his friends laughed when he told them they said it was too much Tequila.. I was the only one who listened and let him talk it out...I cannot definately say what exactly it was....But it was plausable ... :eek:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Re: What do you make of Bigfoot...

Post by Sherryanne » 24 Dec 2016 10:58

Wow, I enjoyed reading that Blt. That's a really interesting account of what your friend saw. I bet there are many who would love to have had such an experience, but most likely only if they weren't alone lols.

I know there has been a lot of research on the Bigfoot subject, too much for me to have read and taken in, but I do think it's likely there are creatures like Bigfoot roaming parts of earth. I mean, why not? When we look at all the different animals, mammals and sea life and how different they look from us humans, then a Bigfoot wouldn't be too distant from our form so for me it wouldn't be an outrageous possibilty,

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Dec 2016 14:04

After I got home to the uk I actually watched a tv program on 'Finding Bigfoot..
It seems there are similarities in his story to the other peoples expereinces.. The tv documentary spoke of the Bigfoot only appearing to a solitary person 'Like he was' they reported shock, horror and disorientation, 'Like he did'. Some said they missed time... he never said that, he said 'He got the hell outta there asap!!. Others said they thought the creature read their minds.... He was sleeping when it showed up...

I went to the area of Kickapoo marina during the day and had a look around from the lake shore side. It was a smallish marina trailer and RV park with some Houseboats.. It seemed largely empty, but it was around Thanks giving time. Yet the other rv park was packed.. It a massive lake 27 miles long and it has a shoreline on 123 miles so my friend said. A lot to search..

I had no access to a boat for the rest of the time.. There are plenty of fish in the lake and Alligators though I never saw any.. I did see a huge fish jumping down by the houseboats when I was fishing.. but it wouldn't take my bait :lol:

No big foot prints either... There a heck of a lot of thickly wooded areas and its hard to walk because of the vast amount of fallen branches, being a trip hazard and if you bust your ankle no one would find you unless you could crawl out.. I couldn't venture into the wooded areas alone, as it was Deer Hunting season and they shoot at anything that moves that is not wearing a hi vis jacket.. Sad thing is they use Automatic weapons!! To make sure the poor animal has little chance. :eek: :mad: :swear: :shoot:
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 24 Dec 2016 15:55

It's a cruel world we live in, and sadly it's the cruel ones which mostly get their way.

What an adventure you had whilst on holiday. It sounds brilliant. As always with stories of sightings of anything that's not meant to be, the stories get added to and end up with only the core of the original. If only people didn't do that I'm sure we would be able to track or trace much better. And probably believe more too.

Mid you, it just shows how much wildlife we know to be in an area but they aren't seen as most know humans or preditors are about so keep a low profile. I imagine Bigfoot would be aware of that.

I wouldn't have been happy fishing in alligator territory lols.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Dec 2016 22:11

Well they are there, there's also a nasty big fish called an Alligator Gar and I saw some pics that looked evil...
We went to fish one of the small creeks my friend took me to. I thought it looked a bit risky as he said an alligator lived in this little creek leading to the big lake. He got the fishing gear out and baited up. I went back to the pick up to get my jacket as it was cold..

Ihad a flash of premonition and suddenly saw my mate face down in the creek.. I shouted to him' Don't Fall in!!!' about 10 seconds later there was a big splash and he was in and it was very very cold.. He threw me his mobile and I tried to jam myself between 3 tree trunks at the edge and helo pull him out whilst making sure I didn't end up in there too.
It took a minute or two to get him out.. The thought of the gator spurned him on.. We then beat it backto his place so he could have a hot shower and dry clothes...
Once he had warmed up.. He kept asking how I knew he was going to fall in...
He knows now :lol: and said I am his 'Forever friend'....

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Mar 2017 21:18

My fascinatio with Big foot has continues, it seems there are many different types and sizes.. Little ones in Hawaii and huge ones in Alaska. But also a lot of facts have come about regarding their habits, diet and even to a point of them having intelligence.
hey build structure, bury their dead in designated burial ground and put up tipi shaped markers made by placing lots of logs in a conical shape..

They are largely nocturnal which is why there are not too many photos or videos of them..
One thing is certain they have been known in Native American folklore for centuries and are said to be able to 'shift into a spirit forms ie shape shifters which can imitate man etc..

They use rivers and creeks as almost we use rooads.
They have no fear of man and they even work together to mark and defend their territory.
They hunt with the use of other animals like Wolves which they use like hunting dogs, Coyotes too..
Their diet varies from hunting fish in the creeks and rivers... to killing large game like Deer Moose and even rustling cows and stealing chickens from the farms..
They have a curiosity for humans and have been know to steal apple pies left to coolon a ledge :lol: and even candy bars.. and peer into windows of homesteaders!! Which freaks them out big time.. They have a rudimentarly communication with each other and communivate with howls, whistles and knocks on tree trunks as a warning..

They have been know to get into barns and steal live stock even kill and drag off cows!!! There are some that are non carnivorous and exist of fruit ntus and roots etc.. They got into the apple store of one fruit farm and he found a trailof spples dropped as they made off with armfulls. They have beenknow to steal fish from bears salmon fisihing and if the bear objects kill them too.. They vary in height from 3ft in Hawaii to 9ftin the Yukon.They vary from grey to black to reddish brown to white and one man said Strawberry blond!!!

They construct nesting areas with a roof of woven branches, some live in caves.. I found a lot out since my friends close encounter....

They are sooo widespread... Yet no one has ever caught one other than on 'Trail cameras set up to look for Deer..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Mar 2017 09:32

That sounds so interesting! They must be intelligent to have not been caught out over all these years. And where they habitat must be so dense and unknown by us humans that they can mostly get on with their lives unaffected. There must be so many places unexplored in this world. A fascinating subject, especially when you know someone who has seen one!

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Mar 2017 11:50

Yes I have found it very interesting, I never knew they were so wide spread across the globe to.. Not just the Yeti of Tibet but Russia Siberia.. USA has it seems the most diverse types and the fact they have survived in a Gun culture place like the US of A is a miracle...
Can we say they are Apelike or Humanoid, are they the 'Missing link'???
The fact they can shape shift is amazing to me..
We know that NAI's have reported in their folklore of contact with Et's are these Bigfoot a derivative of man or an alien experiment? So many possibilities.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Mar 2017 13:44

It's mind boggling as there are so many mysteries in this world. There was a time when I was much younger that I didn't believe there could be 'aliens' and God or 'aliens' and ghosts. Thanks to the net, talking to other people on it and researching with an open mind I clearly accept there can be all three and more. Bigfoot is one which actually, can easily be believed. I had not heard they could be shape shifters though. Again another fascinating subject and they all link in together somehow.

For me what has changed so much is how I see God.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Mar 2017 17:29

Well Shape shifter aka Skim walkers do actually exist in Native Americican folk lore.. It is not just one tribe but very many.. Its like the sub forum says, Aliens and monsters...
It was not that long ago that Cealiocanths were rediscovered and they were though to be extinct at the same time as the Dinosaurs..
The Chupacabra exists.. they have found it in sooth america in Columbia and Chile.. RememberPteradactyls they were found recently to whilst actually researching for Bigfoot!!

I always thought that Chewbaca in the Star Wars movies was based onBigfoot :D