Given the choice, would you leave Earth to live on Mars?

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

Topic author
Subliminal
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Given the choice, would you leave Earth to live on Mars?

Post by Subliminal » 24 Nov 2016 10:04

A simple question, but looking for detailed answers.
Given the option to leave Earth and live on Mars, based on the assumption that it's a one-way ticket, would you go?

I wouldn't. We don't know enough about the planet yet and quite honestly the idea to colonize it is ridiculous in my eyes. We need to be looking at protecting this planet better and wait for advancements in technology before expanding to others.
handsomedude wrote: I have always wondered how the doctor managed to get Rose a great signal on her phone from centuries in the future, and i cant get one in my bloody living room?

Sherryanne

Re: Given the choice, would you leave Earth to live on Mars?

Post by Sherryanne » 28 Nov 2016 11:33

The only reason to do it is if the earth was known 100% to be blown into oblivion.
Obviously with the world as it is right now that's highly possible, but it is a man made fact and decision.
If it was a scientific fact then it would paint a different story.
Perhaps some suitable men and women may be prepared to go on this mission with it being the only chance of survival for mankind.

As things stand with it being a man made threat then it's a long shot a journey to Mars would be successful anyway so for me it would be a big 'NO'.
I'll just wait to go to the spirit world lols.

StephieAck

Post by StephieAck » 30 Nov 2016 15:45

Personally, I don't think that we should be allowed to. We are screwing up our own gorgeous planet, what right have we to go and rape and plunder other worlds? Because that is what 'mankind' will do, they will mine anything of value and abuse the new planet/planets and end up needing to go and find ever new ones. We need to value what we have, try to prolong our own planet and if we cant, then we need to accept that and let what will be, be. Sounds a bit jaded I know, but look at what we are doing as a species and we are talking about doing this because of our own destructive actions.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 08 Dec 2016 21:29

no, I don't think I would want to, unless the earth is about to be destroyed and the only chance of live is to live somewhere else. I don't know what life on mars will be like, but it will likely be way harder than life on earth, especially because the atmosphere and conditions aren't suitable for us humans to live on as we are.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Dec 2016 02:15

Well I could think of a good few earthlings who need beaming off this ball of dust including the President Elect!!! Theres nothing on Mars to sustain life... Certainly no Chocolate so me and half the earths population wouldn't want to go. Yes this planet is being screwed by asshole coutries who think they are the biggest and the best nations but they can't won't or don't give a damn for their fellow humans so why should we want toscrew with another planet.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.