Sci-Fi In General.

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

Topic author
magicmuggle01

Sci-Fi In General.

Post by magicmuggle01 » 31 Oct 2016 17:34

What led me to my interest in Aliens and Monsters etc was when I was introduced to the likes of Star Trek at a very young (and impressionable age). And what with it's cast of Aliens etc I thought they were real at the time. But as the years passed I began to think that we couldn't be the only bunch of idiots in this galaxy.
http://adminchill.freeforums.org

bluelighttouch

Re: Sci-Fi In General.

Post by bluelighttouch » 31 Oct 2016 18:05

Haha, my son was a trekki too. His friend at school's mum ran the Star Trek conventions in the UK so he went and he got to have dinner with Mr Sulu I think.. George Takei.?
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
magicmuggle01

Post by magicmuggle01 » 01 Nov 2016 17:56

bluelighttouch wrote:Haha, my son was a trekki too. His friend at school's mum ran the Star Trek conventions in the UK so he went and he got to have dinner with Mr Sulu I think.. George Takei.?

Nice one. I was two when the first showing of the original series was first shown on TV. So you can quite imagine how such a show had an impact on such a young mind.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Nov 2016 12:30

Do you recall the technology, the cinnunicators became flip phones and The Star date logs were the precuser to an Ipad/Tablet. But no one has got a working Transporter :lol:
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
magicmuggle01

Post by magicmuggle01 » 04 Nov 2016 16:39

And the Tricorders were the old Tape decks for cassettes. Yes I do recall this stuff. It's amazing how much of the stuff we have today can be attributed to what was on the Original Series.

Can't wait to try the transporter (if they invent it in my life time) when it comes into being.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 06 Nov 2016 20:15

Unfortunately, although the communicator, tri-corder and even the phaser were based on real science, the transporter was just a studio invention to move the cast from the Enterprise to the alien planets without spending a lot of money on expensive shuttle craft effects.

Topic author
magicmuggle01

Post by magicmuggle01 » 07 Nov 2016 15:54

junoomaha wrote:Unfortunately, although the communicator, tri-corder and even the phaser were based on real science, the transporter was just a studio invention to move the cast from the Enterprise to the alien planets without spending a lot of money on expensive shuttle craft effects.

But there isn't anything to stop it from being invented into being juno. They are after all working on matter and anti-matter for spacecraft.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Dec 2016 22:16

Well I'd love to beam some place instantly instead of spending a whole day on a plane trying to go on hols or come back... Maybe on these long cold wintr evenings Juno you could come up with a prototype???