The Kraken legend..

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

The Kraken legend..

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Feb 2014 23:03

The Kraken is said to be a Giant super squid that is capable of sinking ships and devouring the crew...
It is also the name of a caribean rum..
These squid are about 50fy long and hunt in packs, as does the Humbolt squid and the slightly larger Giant Squid.. Its very much taking over as the most voracious preditor and there is so much over fishing the the squid only know preditor is the Humpback Whale and we all now Whales are endangered ...

These huge squid are in the waters of Norway and Greenland usually but now are shoaling of the coast of California and Divers have been attacked and fisherman pulled from their fishing boats and eaten.. :eek:

I've only seen little ones about a foot long and I did catch an Octopus about 2ft in diameter thats as big as I want to get :lol: Did anyone else hear of these?
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Kraken legend..

Post by kayls » 25 Feb 2014 13:19

ive heard of the kraken, and the giant squid

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 25 Feb 2014 13:41

Theres a pen and ink drawing of one grabbing an old sailing ship on Wikipaedia :lol: I think the size is a bit exaggerated.. :D Have a look and tell me what you think..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Bobtheghost

Post by Bobtheghost » 05 Mar 2014 20:00

Those squids are huge!

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 07 Mar 2014 20:15

yeah, they are :o

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 10 Mar 2014 13:11

I think the squid rings off those wouldn't fit into a frying pan :lol:

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 10 Mar 2014 14:41

yeah, lol

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Mar 2014 15:16

And they would be tough as old boots to eat...

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 11 Mar 2014 21:42

Wouldn't know, I've not tasted old boots......or new ones come to that. ;). I don't like squid very much either but perhaps that is because of the way it was cooked.

Topic author
bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Mar 2014 21:55

I think the larger the squid the tougher the squid would be... I have only eaten squid rings in greece and they are always fried in batter and are really nice and tender...