Vampires, werewolves, thier kit and kin

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

Topic author
GraveDigger1863

Vampires, werewolves, thier kit and kin

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 02 Sep 2013 02:27

jus thad to cite these two "old" standard "monsters', we grew up seeing on tv, around Halloween, etc. Question is where reality stops and "supernatural" begins. Not a real believer in either but while traveling is south-east Europe, I did meet some natives that had me wondering,especially some of the younger women, :hyper: which I won't get into right now.Photos available. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORUM". Knight Templar oath found carved in most Templar churches, including, Rosslyn Chapel, England.

13thatthetable

Re: Vampires, werewolves, thier kit and kin

Post by 13thatthetable » 14 Sep 2013 16:57

Legends of vampires and werewolves would have grown due to ignorance of the putrefactive process in olden times.

A bloated corpse suspected of being a vampire would have "sighed" when pierced as gases escaped from the body and mistaken for a scream. The body would also appear to be bloated and have a ruddy complexion as blood and fluids settled as if the corpse was feasting on the blood of the living .... Tuberculosis also caused panic as the disease spread giving the impression of the carrier being a vampire and preying on the living.

Catilepsy , where people would appear to be dead , would be buried alive would be a contributing factor also.

The disease Porphyria would also have caused consternation with the subject aversive to sunlight , gum shrinkage making the teeth prominent and lacking iron in their blood ..... comes as no surprise that lack of understanding would have given rise to all sorts of supernatural bent.

In the 18th Century there was a vampire panic in Europe where graves were disturbed and the suspects bodies mutilated .... it reached such a peak in Austria that the Empress set up a board of inquiry as to the existence of vampires , which once proven not to exist , passed laws preventing further desecration of graves and tombs.
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 14 Sep 2013 18:08

An excelent and well thought out post.. You got my vote..
In fact the Romans were so fearful of being buried alive due to 'Catalepsy' they have tubes built into the coffins to enable them to call for help if the woke up and found they had been buried alive.. These tubes enable food and water to be given whilst they were dug up again...
Recent exhumations in plague burial grounds in the east end of London showed that people had been buried alive.. Marks on the inside of the coffin as they had franctically tried to claw their way out...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 14 Sep 2013 18:41

yeah, there are many things that can appear to cause vampirism

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 14 Sep 2013 22:38

Mind you sucking someone dry of blood is kinda more positive :lol:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 14 Sep 2013 22:38

yeah, it is, lol :D

Topic author
GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 15 Sep 2013 19:00

Poe was terrified of being buried alive and many of his stories dealt with the topic and reflected that fear. Though not as "pleasing", if takling about ghosts is though of as high topic of convrsation, there is something about the possibility of them esisting that is not as unsettling as the notion of legends of "vampires or werewolves" once existing. Not saying they did nor all the discussions of them were examples of 'mass hysteria" but it is odd that almost every ancient culture had a belief system that not only included what we might refer to as "ghosts',but less "nice" things one might run into this life or in the next.
"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORUM". Knight Templar oath found carved in most Templar churches, including, Rosslyn Chapel, England.

wwill2010

Post by wwill2010 » 18 Sep 2013 12:07

I think one has to be cautious when describing what they is Vampirism. (No offense). Its my understanding from certain people I know that there are different forms of Vamprism. Real vampirusm is not wgat films or tv potray them as. They are in truth, energy-seekers but 'NOT' blood-suckers of the night. :)

Bobtheghost

Post by Bobtheghost » 18 Sep 2013 21:26

There are real vampires?

Topic author
GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 19 Sep 2013 08:12

As in "supernatural" nope, don't think show but there a sub cultural groups that do make blood exchanging a "ritual"and quite dramatic. Membership is by invite only.