Have man been to space?

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

Topic author
3DWaffle1

Have man been to space?

Post by 3DWaffle1 » 08 May 2013 19:25

Have man been to space? How far have travel in space? Will man leave our solar system in our life time? Is landing on the moon stage to scare the soviet in the cold war?

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Have man been to space?

Post by kayls » 08 May 2013 19:28

yes, men have been to space. i believe the moon landing was real.

i dont think it will be possible for us to leave the solar system in our lifetime, after all these years we havent got any further than landing on the moon. also our lifespan is too short for us to survive the distance it takes to reach the end of the solar system.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 May 2013 21:36

I suppose a manned flight to Mars will be the next step if any.. But then the cost is astronomical no pun intended :lol: Better to go to Brighton for some decent Rock :lol:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

ManOfKent

Post by ManOfKent » 08 May 2013 23:18

I have always wondered if man has been to the moon,why have they never been back? We have much better technology now,but no Country has ever gone back.I am sceptical that they went.
Seeing is believing

Proud Man Of Kent,Proud Gills Fan

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 09 May 2013 07:57

Yes , we have been to space

The moon landings were announced by JFK at the speech he gave in Houston in 1962 without doubt as a counter to the Soviet lead in space technology at that time. Regards the moon landings being faked , well this is based on dodgy science at best as there 2 pieces of irrefutable evidence:

1) the Soviets would have been monitoring the radio transmissions from the Apollo spacecraft and would have raised merry hell if they originated from
Groom Lake in Nevada
2) Apollo 11 crew placed a mirror on the landing site which if you were to aim a laser at the exact co-ordinates would reflect back. This has been
demonstrated not just by NASA but by independent parties .... so man has left his mark on the moon

Not to mention the HD photographs taken by a surveyor probe of the Apollo 17 landing site clearly showing the tracks of the rover as well as the lander base itself.

Leaving the Solar System in our lifetime will not happen .... the Voyager probe launched in 1977 has just reached the edge travelling at a speed of 38,000 km/hr .... I was 13 years old when this was launched to survey the outer planets so you do the maths.

Above all else in the Northern hemisphere during the winter months you can see the International Space Station low on the horizon.

Our technology has improved since the 1960s when the Apollo missions were launched however the costs are astronomical and with Government spending being tight then missions to the moon will be treated with public apathy. I expect that the Chinese will endeavour with a man landing on the moon in the next decade to establish themselves as a major player however their economy is beginning to slow down at the moment and this may be put on hold.

A mission to Mars would be a 2 year round trip to get there and back and then to time the return with Mars being in opposition to Earth. In that time you have to ensure that the life of the crew can be protected from the perils of solar radiation as well as keeping them fed and watered for that time.

Well aware that there is a private enterprise working to establish a colony on Mars which is a one way mission for the interested parties and so far they have been inundated with candidates. The funding is allegedly going to come from a reality TV exposure for the first colonists ... and I find this disturbing as the enviroment on Mars is extremely hostile.

Sad that the peak of mankinds technical endeavour may be hosted by Davina McCall :?:
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

relichunter

Post by relichunter » 09 May 2013 19:39

3DWaffle1 wrote:Have man been to space? How far have travel in space? Will man leave our solar system in our life time? Is landing on the moon stage to scare the soviet in the cold war?
i dont believe man has set foot on the moon. for starters when ya think back........ did we see our planet earth from the moon ? NO. all we saw was men putting up a poxy flag...
fake i say.
http://angelsandspirits.freeforums.org/index.php

relichunter

Post by relichunter » 09 May 2013 19:41

ManOfKent wrote:I have always wondered if man has been to the moon,why have they never been back? We have much better technology now,but no Country has ever gone back.I am sceptical that they went.
i agree.....................................
http://angelsandspirits.freeforums.org/index.php

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 09 May 2013 21:28

Found better things to spend the money on... like drones, stealth aircraft, Doppler radar, Exocet missiles, Trident and supporting poor bankers :)

Lexa61

Post by Lexa61 » 09 May 2013 22:04

Economics changed alot of things, the money spent on the 'space race' could no longer be justified, after JFK's death, Johnson wanted to scrape it but the money was already ear marked for it.
The Vietnam war was in full swing and the space programme was used as a way to divert attention away from it in the media.
I knew people who worked in an area where they tracked the moon landings, and we discussed the theory that it was all a hoax, they were men used to tracking satetilite communications and various other methods including radio frequencies and they were extremely annoyed that the years they put into developing these systems were supposedly fraudlent.
It was so secret that their office was contained within another office and you had to have a high level of clearance to be able to work in there.
Sir Patrick Moore was also extremely offended by the claims that it was a hoax.

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 10 May 2013 07:35

relichunter wrote:
3DWaffle1 wrote:Have man been to space? How far have travel in space? Will man leave our solar system in our life time? Is landing on the moon stage to scare the soviet in the cold war?
i dont believe man has set foot on the moon. for starters when ya think back........ did we see our planet earth from the moon ? NO. all we saw was men putting up a poxy flag...
fake i say.
You mean like the leading picture from Eugene Cernan website ?

http://www.genecernan.com/

Cernan was on the Apollo 17 mission in 1972.

There is also the pictures of the Earth taken from Apollo 8 in 1968 as it made orbit around the moon , from NASA own website.

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/featur ... ery_4.html

Not convinced by the last post and the above there is not a great deal I can do about that.

.... but the evidence is strong that we have been there. Having been fortunate to have been to the Kennedy Space Centre in 2006 my belief on man being there has been reinforced.

As to why we have not been back , well Lexa has answered that one regards public apathy , the ongoing costs of the Vietnam War and a global economy which which shrinking. To be honest as far as I was aware it was Nixon ( my apologies if I am wrong there ) who scrapped the remaining 3 Apollo Missions planned in 1971 as the missions were taking up 3/4 of the NASA budget and there were moves to have a manned space station in place ( Skylab) also the development of the shuttle. With the exception of Apollo 13 , the missions were successful and there had been no casualties .... so quit while you are ahead was another incentive.
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "