Why would ET's be interested in us???

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why would ET's be interested in us???

Post by kayls » 22 Apr 2013 20:04

why do aliens want our genetic material?

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 22 Apr 2013 20:49

3DWaffle1 wrote:They want our natural resources and our genetic material. However, it is difficult to determine until we made contact. I hope they came in peace.
Ah ... that was quick :lol:

You seem well informed but again there is no evidence that there is any extra terrestrial being here or has ever been here.

The NASA Keppler telescope recently discovered 3 planets which are 1.2 light years from Earth which could be capable of supporting life and have the same enviroment as ourselves i.e. in the "Goldilocks" zone with the right amount of heat from the Sun they orbit to keep the plant hospitable and prevent water boiling into space .... so we may not be that unique regards resources.

Indeed the elements found on Earth will be found on the other planets in our Solar system and indeed on far off worlds .... seems a big risk to come all this way for what could be a very hostile reception.

As for gathering genetic material ..... well that is X File territory for me :)

What makes you think they are gathering any material and for what purpose ?
" Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 23 Apr 2013 19:44

I think that you are going to have to conjecture that any race capable of travelling near or greater than the speed of light, will most probably be somewhat more advanced both technologically and intelligently. They are not going to be so verbose as to leave their rubbish behind or leave any trace of their visit for that matter. They are unlikely to be space hoodies! :lol:
I suspect that they are not collecting vast amounts of DNA from lonely introverts nor are they kidnapping people with a propensity to tell tall tales.
If aliens have visited the Earth in recent times they are going to be much more interested in studying our culture and beliefs for in my opinion their
primary concern would be trying to figure out the same thing that we are most interested in, the answer to life, the universe and everything! :alien:

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 24 Apr 2013 08:07

Afraid the laws of physics will apply to an alien species just as much as it applies to ourselves and they will have the same constraints as we have in traversing the vast gulf of space and the hazards that are present.

In order to get here the problems are as follows:

How to overcome the problems of solar radiation they will be exposed to also the shift in the wavelength of the light from the stars as they approach light speed which will consist of deadly gamma rays

How to sustain a crew with provisions on a voyage that could take up to 4.5 years at light speed providing they are coming from Alpha Centauri also to overcome the physical problems they will have in zero gravity.

A propulsion system that is so efficient that it can convert to kinetic energy to drive a craft through space at light speed ( see previous comment )

A means of shielding the craft from debris at light speed as even a grain of sand could be fatal to a vital part of the craft.

Protection themselves from Earthly bacteria of which they may not have a resistance .... this could also be a problem for the first visitors to Mars in the next 20 years.

Above all else attempting to survive on a planet which may have a greater gravity than their own and the concentration of oxygen in our atmosphere could be toxic to them.

We tend to regard give a distant civilisation as so advanced in technology which may be the case but these are just some of the examples they have to overcome but there is one other ..... if there is indeed the time dilation that is experienced in that the journey itself may be a short duration but on their home planet many thousands of years will have passed. Are we so sure that these distant cousins are immune from emotion of leaving behind their family and all they know ?

If they have come here there is no evidence despite the best efforts of Von Daniken to custom fit his supposed evidence of an extraterrestrial visit ..... we as a species do not appreciate our own ingenuity. The Russian forests and Pacific islands are littered with the debris of aircraft from WW2 which in circumstances ditched due to failure and not enemy action .... surely after all this time we would find something due to failure of their technology ?

Was not the supposed recovery from Roswell by the USAAF in 1947 due to a crash by an alien craft ?

On this one I am going to apply Occam's Razor ... the fewest assumptions should be selected .... for me they have never been here or are likely to be.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 24 Apr 2013 20:00

yeah, its going to be fairly impossible for aliens to come over here, theres so big distances involved

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 24 Apr 2013 23:58

Five dimensional space (curved space,) worm-holes, Z-Space, the Great Expansion, Neutrinos, (and these are just mathematical models, events or particles that spring
readily to mind,) all over-come your distance problem. Then force-fields, curved space or positro-magnetics over-come your meteor problem.
Our human experiments with tech. are not likely to be repeated by an advanced Extra-terrestrial race.
I can see no reason why they are not sitting there, watching us right now! :eek:

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 25 Apr 2013 07:54

junoomaha wrote:Five dimensional space (curved space,) worm-holes, Z-Space, the Great Expansion, Neutrinos, (and these are just mathematical models, events or particles that spring
readily to mind,) all over-come your distance problem. Then force-fields, curved space or positro-magnetics over-come your meteor problem.
Our human experiments with tech. are not likely to be repeated by an advanced Extra-terrestrial race.
I can see no reason why they are not sitting there, watching us right now! :eek:
.... and I have given practical reasons above why they are not.

The other matter to consider that although professional pilots and observers claim to have seen UFO's there is to my knowledge nothing recorded by astronomers searching the skies for heavenly bodies but have nothing along these lines. Indeed the late Patrick Moore who had studied the sky for 60 years had never ever seen any alien craft.

There is a ray of hope .... Douglas Trumbull , the visual effects wizard , who generated the stunning space travel effects in "2001" in the 1960s has developed some amazing technology which is capable of tracking and observing objects in near Earth orbit in high definition. I have seen footage where his equipment was able to track and record the passage of an airliner at 40,000 feet , even to a satellite which was passing. What he would wish to do is to develop this technology and have several of these scanners around the country at UFO hot spots. The images were crystal clear and there was no doubt as to what they were in the footage.

So if this works in his favour , and I cannot see why not , then in the next decade we could have something tangible.

Until then ..... the only alien races we will encounter and all that amazing technology will be apparent on repeats of Star Trek.

By the way .... think I am dogmatic on that subject .... brace yourself for when I start on ghosts :lol:

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 25 Apr 2013 21:28

Don't be silly, ghosts don't exist!
In any case I don't think the human race is half as scientifically knowledgeable as it likes to think it is. :)

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 25 Apr 2013 22:46

no, theres still plenty more for us to discover.

13thatthetable

Post by 13thatthetable » 26 Apr 2013 07:36

junoomaha wrote:Don't be silly, ghosts don't exist!
In any case I don't think the human race is half as scientifically knowledgeable as it likes to think it is. :)
:) ..... on the matter of ghosts I would agree .... but will keep looking for evidence all the same. Find it interesting how people behave in alleged haunted properties :)

As for the human race , well I believe that we are advanced technologically .... in the space of a century we have walked on the surface of the moon and are sending probes to Mars and into deep space , our medical advances as such that my chances of surviving cancer are greater and that operations will be less intrusive with advanced surgical tecniques ... the fact you are able to read this post on your pc at the other end of the country ( I assume ) is proof of how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Technically we are very advanced .... spiritually I believe we are still immature :?: :baby:

But there is still much to learn ... and imminent names in the scientific community are not deluded to believe that they have discovered everything.