Given the choice, would you leave Earth to live on Mars?

Is there life on other planets? Are monsters such as bigfoot real? Discuss anything "unexplained" that is not ghost or afterlife related here.

junoomaha

Re: Given the choice, would you leave Earth to live on Mars?

Post by junoomaha » 28 Nov 2018 01:16

Oh, I imagine Amazon will sub contract a fleet of space shuttles to deliver to our mars bases. They may even move their Headquarters there. After all, it would make a perfect tax haven! :o

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 28 Nov 2018 15:15

:rofl: You read my mind Juno.. Open up a Starbucks whilst theyare at it cos they are slippery tax avoiders too. I wonder if the drilling down is a smoke screen to see if they have any oil or minerals to plunder.. ;) And we all know Trump loves a pipeline to botr thru any artifacys etc..They could already market 'The Intergalatic Laxatime' advertised as being able 'to get you fromhere to Mars..' :)
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 28 Nov 2018 22:16

Starbucks can go, I'll stay, I'm okay with that; not a Starbucks or Costa fan. Amazon might dispatch the order, but Royal Mail and Hermes can barely manage deliveries just off the M6 so I doubt they can expand to Mars reliably.

Getting a dentist appointment would be worse than in London. Plumbers would charge a call out fee. I bet the rubbish and recycling won't be collected regularly. I struggled spending time in rural Shropshire, I'm just not made for the wilderness.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 28 Nov 2018 22:38

Well from the amount of space junk orbiting the earth and various bits of space junk on Mars at the moment. I do not think they will need a plumber bit of a water shortage.. I guess there will not be any manned flught for a while.. So far they have not managed to get any <ars craft to scoop up anything to bring back to us for analysis..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 29 Nov 2018 02:01

A private enterprise is already planning to send people on a one way mission to Mars in the hope that they or their children can mine enough natural resources there in able to build their own spaceships to fly back again, sometime in their future. Quite a few people have already signed up! it would take a space craft about 6 months to get there (or back.) so I thought that would have been perfect for Royal Mail.

Téa
Great Britain

Post by Téa » 29 Nov 2018 16:45

So they need people who can mine and then engineer a space shuttle and fly it home. They need intelligent people with skills. That rules me out!!!!

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Nov 2018 19:08

Welll why bother.. I could imagine virgin atlantic were up for it. But they said they had plans for a space trip to go into orbit with paying customers...