MHF's Second Birthday Competition

The forum's rules, and important announcements. If you are new here, please read the rules before you post.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

MHF's Second Birthday Competition

Post by kayls » 26 Apr 2012 16:16

This year, on the 9th May, the forum turns two! We have done so well, over 50000 posts in two years is a big achievement.

To celebrate this special day, we are running a few competitions. Chat will also be open from 7pm on the forums birthday.

The first is a ghost story competition. Your challenge is to write a short story (less than 2000 words) about ghosts. For the convenience of other users, please seperate it into paragraphs, as a big block of text is hard to read. Please PM your story to kayls or bluelighttouch by 12pm on the 9th May, the winners will be decided in a vote by the members.

For the second competition, we have a quiz. Please answer the following questions, and PM them to kayls by 12pm on the 9th May.

1. Historical figure Lesley Smith dresses up as at Tutbury Castle
2. TV channel that Most Haunted was on in the UK
3. Location in series 1 of Most Haunted where Yvette and Jason Karl dressed up in clothes from the war
4. Famous haunted house where a man killed his entire family
5. Country the live in February 2007 was filmed in
6. TV company owned by Yvette and Karl
7. A way of communicating with ghosts, involving a planchette and a board with letters on
8. Village the second episode of Most Haunted Midsummer Murders was filmed in, where they went to a nuclear bunker
9. Team member who slept in the Queen Mary, when a childs voice was heard.
10. A noisy ghost

(BONUS QUESTION) The first letters of each answer, are an anagram of a word. What word is it?

bluelighttouch

Re: MHF's Second Birthday Competition

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Apr 2012 17:14

The questions should be numbered to avoid confusion.. :thumbsup:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 26 Apr 2012 17:17

thanks sheila, well spotted. i also missed a question.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Apr 2012 17:31

And they must put the answer to the question then the first letter and get the anagram.. Nearest wins.. Good luck.. ;)
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 27 Apr 2012 10:31

Also please understand that prizes will be linked to the paranormal and are donated by me. Because we have members all over, should you be lucky enough to win one, you will need to pm me your postal address in confidence... However I will be out of contact from 11th May to Early June.. So they may be posted out on my return.. :thumbsup:

clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 29 Apr 2012 12:05

Can I be a bit cheeky here, question 4 re the haunted house, are you referring to UK or America ?? as there are quite a lot.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 29 Apr 2012 12:10

america

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 08 May 2012 13:32

you have one more day to send me your entries for our competition.