13 yrs on...

Newly registered members can come in here and introduce themselfes to the rest of the forum members.
Forum rules
Hi, nice of you all to join us, but a quick note, this section is for you to introduce yourself to the other forum members-not to advertise your website. I know several of you have websites of your own, but the rule on not advertising outside of your profile still applies here.

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy posting here.

Topic author
lordriley

Re: 13 yrs on...

Post by lordriley » 25 Jun 2017 20:56

Hi - thanks for the welcome.

February 2004 I joined.....I was on there pretty much every day until about the summer of 2005 (same with hauntings website)...this is the first ive been back to a most haunted discussion forum since then. Just been catching up on the new seasons on really which brought loads of good memories back of the old place which is how I found this.

Weird that you can chat to people for hours every day, for well over a year and then lose contact in the space of a day....hopefully i'll bump into a few at some point.....but I didn't just come here for that, I intend to add to the discussions :)

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 26 Jun 2017 14:07

Yeah, so true, years of conversation with people, gone, in all the time it takes for a forum to close.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 26 Jun 2017 14:58

I don't remember your name lordriley, but I was only on the old MH site a short time before it closed. I do remember some of the names you posted though. I was Sherry on there but I very much doubt you will recall it. I was very low key lols.

I met a lot of people on similar forums over the years and am still in contact with some. I have even met three of them. One is one of my best friends and we have just spent the weekend with her and her husband which was lovely.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 26 Jun 2017 20:10

That's nice, some of my close friends now, I met on the internet.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Jun 2017 20:11

This is what happens some times.. We had such a laugh when there was a Live, we would all try to get all the web cams up and another window to the forum to comment on what was seen.. Some people said ambiguous things like 'Hooded made seen on web cam 4 etc... No being specific when in fact theycould clearly see a crew member waring a hooded parka pulling a cable along lol.. Then there were the Orbs on the roof which were really pidgeons!!
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 26 Jun 2017 23:49

I joined in 2008/9 don't remember any of the names mentioned so far, but Kayls was still there. By then a lot of the original fans had been scared off by the dis-believers who predominated until the end and along with the trolls and
fake mediums brought the whole ting crashing down.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 27 Jun 2017 12:18

I know a lot of trolling went on and sometimes it was sceptic aimimng at believers.. Except of course when certain sceptics actually went on a paranormal investigation and actually experienved something they couldn't explain.. In the end even Godders had a bit of an epophany when his wife read his trolling posts and cut off certain priviledges until he posted 10 nice things each day for a week.. Lol it was funny when he forgot...

I thinkI left when they changed over to a blinding white back ground and no choice of skins!! I left then..But was on it for years and had 20k [osts etc.. When the new screen went up we all lost our post counts.. Which made us all look like newbies.. I did not find HW as friendly for the after hours meet up.. But they did have private chat rooms..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 27 Jun 2017 13:55

I remember there being lots of hum dingers of arguments going on in MH before it closed. It was like world war three much of the time, and yes, with the trolls enjoying themselves.

I was poached from there by Junius, who made me a mod on his forum. At the time I didn't know if I was talking to a man or woman lols. And that went on for a few weeks. I had a lot of fun on there over the years and it taught me a lot. That's where I found some great friends.

It's good Kayls, when you meet people you have a connection with and keep in contact.

I don't think forums are as popular as they were back then.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 27 Jun 2017 19:37

Yes, people tend to prefer Facebook to forums nowadays, but I think forums are good. On Facebook you've got your real name attached to everything, but I much prefer being anonymous when saying some things, as I am a very private person.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 27 Jun 2017 20:51

Yes, forums are a bit old fashioned. Not really suited to mobile phones. On the other hand Twitter and other more common forms of chat are not really suited to discussions - it's just a few words and a 'like' or a dis-like! I personally prefer video conferencing - you can sit around as if in a pub or meeting place and it's just like the real thing - with breaks in transmission and slow reception - so not quite there yet.....