Contact with the unknown.

Talk about your experiences with the paranormal here, and share ghost stories, pictures and videos.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Re: Contact with the unknown.

Post by spookiefilmania » 05 Mar 2019 00:38

bluelighttouch wrote:
26 Feb 2019 13:12
When I read the thread title I thought you were going to write about encounters of the third kind..

Having a drink is one thing, but attempting a 'sceance' whilst intoxicatedis really unwise. I assume you knew nothing about safety or any form of Protrction and closing down safly. I hope with the passage of time you have learned to be more controlled :lol: That experience wouldn't have freaked me out as I have had so many 'experiences' over many years :boo: :boo: ,,
We were far from intoxicated. Merry only. We were bored and in an inquisitive mood I suppose you could say.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 05 Mar 2019 00:42

sherry2 wrote:
26 Feb 2019 14:11
Lols - that would have freaked me out too!

I suppose when we are young and inquisitive we do things we don't understand what we are dealing with. I did the same at 12 and 14. I knew nothing then about protections etc or the need for it. Scared me though so have not done that again with the 'board.'

Probably part of growing up :lol: But certainly not to be messed with. I made sure my own kids weren't as silly as I was. They have both taken part in investigations but only when proper adults in in the right company.
Yes we do. Looking back it was rather reckless.. but a life experience that I never would have had.. had we not been inquisitive. Certainly nt to be messed with. :ghost2:

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 05 Mar 2019 00:45

sherry2 wrote:
27 Feb 2019 11:49
That's the part I worry about - Occasionally I have horrible dreams - nightmares. And I worry they are a message. Tbh this is what holds me back from going as deep as I would like in the subject. Then again, I have had some lovely help and personal connections with spirit/angels/guide? that have pulled me through and allowed me some evidence.

Last week, when I was reading that kindle book I told you about - I felt a gentle tug on the duvet which was resting across me. And I think I heard someone whisper my name. It didn't frighten me. I just smiled and acknowledged it.

I have the whispering a lot now. Always when I get into bed. It's my name I hear being said. Very faint but definitely there. I saw a medium about 6 months after dad passed and she told me he sits on the bed and tries to talk to me, so I do wonder if it is him. I have thought sometimes it sounds like him - but not every time.
Spooky!!! :eek:

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 05 Mar 2019 10:52

An evening after my mother passed on one of her paintings fell off the wall. Was this her way of saying goodbye as my brother and I were too late to give our final goodbyes. By the time we arrived from Sydney to her south coast hospital her life support had been turned off.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 05 Mar 2019 18:18

Firstly I am so sorry you did not get the chance to say goodbye to your mum. As a former Sister in charge of the Intensive Care Unit, If we knw that relative were on their way, we never would turn off Life support ie Ventilator etc until relative had got there.. I think that is very wrong.. But there may have been other circumstances that we do not know about..
The fact your mums picture fell off the wall, a lot of people might think that too.. But I have had picture fall off the wall, due to vibration from someone going up the stairs and another time cos the picture had a piece of nylon fishing line the the picture was hung on and it sort of went brittle and broke.. It was a view of a greek island ..
So its is possible but could just be one of those things..

Sometimes it takes a long time for someone to comethru.. My gran took 23 years, and she was a Medium!! So I guess she was busy..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 08 Mar 2019 10:00

We were in constant contact with the hospital during our three hour drive. We were told she would be kept alive until we arrived. When we did arrive and were told of her passing..in a rather matter of fact way.. no apology or anything.. we were more than angry and completely devastated as we were denied a goodbye. I got legless drunk that nite and had to be taken home by my son. Re the painting as it was her own work.. I wanted to believe that it was a sign from her. I have had no other sign from her since.

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 08 Mar 2019 20:55

Spookie - I am sorry you weren't able to say a proper goodbye to your mum. I do think whatever happens though, that it is the way it's meant to be even though it is hard to understand those reasons.

I had a similar thing happen regarding a painting falling off the wall. I had done a painting of poppies for my mum some years before and she had it hanging on her wall. I also did some of the same designs for myself. I had the painting back after mum died and hung it on the wall. I had put different ones up for dad for a change. Anyway, on the first anniversary of mum's death I had to be away from home. My husband told me he had gone to see my dad a few doors away and when he came back the painting of mum's had come off the wall. It landed upright and directly over a framed photo of mum which I had on a sideboard underneath. Nothing was knocked over and the tack was still in the wall, nothing broken. He took a photo of it and sent it to me. Mum had died on 11 November - poppy day. I truly believe it was a sign from her - and from what you have said about your mum's painting I believe it was a sign from her too.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 09 Mar 2019 09:20

@ sherry2. Thank you for kind words re my mums passing. Your painting incident sounds more inexplicable whereas mine can be explained away. I still believe it was mum trying to make contact. :ghost2:

sherry2
Great Britain

Post by sherry2 » 12 Mar 2019 14:49

You are welcome Spookie!

I do believe things like what happened with your mum's painting happen to let us know they are still about. It might be something small but it's those things which mean a lot. A few days after my father-in-law died all the family were sitting talking in his living room when suddenly the pole holding the curtains up fell down heavily. Definitely something he would find funny :lol:

I could probably write a book about these things lols. Since one of my dogs died over a year ago he keeps letting me know he is about. Only two nights ago I turned over in bed, opened my eyes and saw him walk passed the side of the bed. He looked completely solid, but I saw just the side of him as he walked passed, head must have been down as it often was as he like to sniff the floor as he went along. First time I have seen him with my eyes open like that, think I saw the end of his tail disappearing into the bedroom one day as I neared the top of the stairs. I mostly see him with my eyes shut but I am awake. Sounds weird but that is how I see him, just for a split second or two.

Topic author
spookiefilmania
Australia

Post by spookiefilmania » 13 Mar 2019 11:06

I have not seen o any of my passed dogs but I am not mistaken when I heard the bark of my beloved sheltie two nites after we had to euthanize him.