Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

Post by kayls » 24 Feb 2017 19:06

Im not sure whether I believe in an afterlife.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 25 Feb 2017 15:06

The thing is Kayls the more sceptical one is the less likely are you to get contact.. At least be open to the possibility... I have seen so much proof I cannot deny it now..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 04 Mar 2017 16:06

I have felt like that Kayls. Especially since my mum and dad passed away. I expected to see my mum in solid form soon after she passed and have a conversation with me!! That was so naïve and I realise that now. I have found their communication is much more subtle and it does take some accepting. On bad days I have even wondered if it really is them but deep down I do believe they are still around.

I have been down the route of 'none belief' but it wasn't for long it really didn't feel right.

I have not seen either my mum or dad since they passed but I have in dreams. Some of the dreams I believe to be just a jumble of mixed up thoughts as nothing in the dream has any real interpretation. But I have had three dreams of my mum hugging me and these, especially the last time a few weeks before my dad died. were very real. I believe these were visitation dreams. I think I had two very short visitation dreams from my dad shortly after he passed.

I also remember closing my eyes one night and seeing my mum walking about on what I can only describe as a castle floor. The walls were also like the stone castles are made from. She looked much younger, possibly 40s/early 50s with her hair in the style it was then and clother she wore then. She was walking about as though showing me she was well now. Before she died she was crippled with Rheumatoid Arthritis and had been on oxygen for 3 years.

Other than these I have had little coincidental things happen that make me feel there is more to it than just that. It is hard in the cold light of day to imagine there is something other than this. Hopefully there is!

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 04 Mar 2017 20:18

Visitation dreams do occur and are common either before death or a dayor two after they pass.. I have had them myself, they are usually very detailed visually and you remember them in detail too.. More so than a normal dream..

Not every one is able to see Spirit.. not every Medium is able to do this. Mediums will get the mesage or information in many different ways according to their ability and stage of their development..
I also think you may know, that once a Spirit entity has been reincarbated you will no longer be able to contact them.. The time periods vary greatly, from decades to centuries.. so do not hold your breath.. Everyone is different. Some times you might hear a voice that you recognise, it does not mean the person standing next to you can hear this too..Which really annoys me when Yvettes famous catch phrase seems to be 'Did you hear that?' :lol:

Minds Eye Seeing is the most common way a Medium will give you information.. How they can describe your loved one with great accuracy, includong mannerisms, perfume etc.. To give you something you can identify that person with.. The moment you begin to confirm they hear you and more info folows..
You mentioned seeing your mother appear to you in a dreamas younger and fully mobile.. This is very common.My mother was very impressed by my dad coming thru to her and how he was walking upright,not bent over..

Even children and babies may show themselves as grown up or in the company of other family members who passed before them..
For a Sceptic they just are in denial but for a Believer they will have had presented to them so much more evidence as they are open to recieving it...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 04 Mar 2017 21:16

Im not a complete sceptic, I am more of a home sceptic. I generally sit on the fence, and am not sure either way if ghosts exist, and approach any paranormal things online and on the times I do go on investigations with an open mind, but when I am at home I try and convince myself that they aren't real because I do not want any paranormal experiences in my house because of my anxiety issues and paranoia about the idea of someone I cannot see watching me and judging me.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 04 Mar 2017 21:46

I can fully understand why you would want to be 'Closed down in your house, I'd say because of the children. But the onset of puberty will sometimes awaken abilities they never knew they had.. I know you have been on Investigations and so have a lot of us.. Look how many invos MH have done yet they hardly ever get realevidence.. It does depend if someone is messing about faking stuff and MH have done this in the past... They were so desperate to get good ratings they did things that were not real..
I know a former Researcher and some of their Mediums.. Thesepeople told me they left becauseof what went on..
I am just not impressed withFred Batt.. now Lesley Smith and Dickie Feliz were good andhonest people... Mediu,wise the good mediu,s left ie David Wells, Ian Lawman and that guy Gordon the Psychic barberfella.. I think they need to use a bit of technology like thermal imagecams and evpanalyasis but they don't..

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 06 Mar 2017 17:18

When my children were early teens we had a fair amount of activity going on in our house which unnerved me but it was such a busy household at that time that although it bothered me I didn't have much time to dwell on it too much.

We had bulbs going bang, lampshades flying off, a banging cupboard and knocks on beds. This all more or less stopped once they both left home. However when my daughter stays over occasionally we have had the lamp in her room flashing on and off, a bang on the upstairs window and a loud bang on her bedroom door. I think it is my daughter attracts it - and looking back I think it was some spirit trying to get attention more than anything sinister. But for anyone who isn't a medium I do think it can be scary when things happen. I feel I am much calmer about it all now but can still be jumpy if taken unawares lols. I don't look at it in quite the same way as I did when I was younger.

Thanks for your information Blt.

It is such a shame about MH. It started off as a great subject and programme but as time went on and things came to light they did a lot of damage to the paranormal subjects. Now I don't trust any paranormal programme on tv.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 06 Mar 2017 18:52

Its a sign of the times that people seem to need an after life to look forward too..

Spiritualism is the fastest growing religon in the world..
Yet Spiritualist Mediums are told that their church or group meetings must be carried on only after they are legally boumd to say ' This is an Experimental evening for Entertainment Purposes Only '!!! Nowpersonally speaking I find this rather Offensive..

I mean what a damn cheek! Does the other mainstream religons have to say this.. No..
Its a blahtant disgrace..

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 09 Mar 2017 21:43

It is so wrong to expect spiritualists to denounce their beliefs when man made religions are accepted as so, even though there are so many of them. I believe everyone is entitled to believe what they want, so don't see why spiritual belief should be treated any different. Unless it's so uncomfortably true that the powers that be see it as a threat.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Mar 2017 20:44

They have tried to Demonise it since Victorian times.. Yet it is the fastest growing belief today...