Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Re: Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Jan 2017 22:02

It's always sad when a life comes to an end. It's often a blessing but sad all the same :-(

You may see some old friends there - that will be nice for a catch up.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 19 Jan 2017 12:07

I did get in touch with my friend an hour ago ,she had managed to get a lift.. I asked who was going but she didn't know, its a bit awkward as I realised I knew 2 people of that same name as the deceased.. I will not know who it is until I get there and she got the time wrong so its 40 minutes earlier...Good thing I checked..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 22 Jan 2017 08:58

It is a good thing you checked!

Did you manage to go Blt? I hope it went as well as could be expected.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 22 Jan 2017 20:13

Yes I did go, I needed to put some flowers on my parents grave so did that first as it was the same venue... I met up with my friend it was the fasted funeral I had ever been to. I do not really remember the nurse who died but at least we did represent her work colleagues..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 27 Jan 2017 17:39

It's nice you was able to pay your respects Blt and that you got to meet up with past work colleagues.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 27 Jan 2017 19:06

I tried to do the decent thing... I bought another lot of carnations for the lounge too, white with red tips..

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 29 Jan 2017 14:58

They sound pretty. I like Carnations and they always last well. At one time I always had a vase on the go.

The decent thing is all we can try to do sometimes.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Jan 2017 15:05

I find carnations last about 3 weeks..Where Rosesyuo are lucky if they last a week..

They do not have to be expensive. But it brings a little brightness into a dull day..
I was thinking if no one believed in an After life why do people try to get closure by trying to contact their dear departed.. Why do peopke go on ghost hunts or go looking for answers...

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 29 Jan 2017 15:23

There was some writing that didn't show up from this post so I will put it on now!

Maybe the people who don't believe want to be proven wrong? The problem is that sometimes people won't believe even if the do have proof or evidence.

I was talking to a new friend last week and she said she had always been sceptical but something happened which made her think again about being so sceptical. I asked her what it was.

Several years ago she had gone to bed and she and her husband always took a drink up which they would put on each side of the ledge on the wooden headboard. She was about to drop to sleep when she heard her husbands cup sound as though it had been lifted up and put down again. She had not felt him move so she turned round and saw he was fast asleep. She was puzzled so she moved her head back to see where his cup would be. And there she saw a hand resting on the ledge. She saw only from the elbow down to the hand!!!

As you will imagine, my eyes nearly popped out as this is almost like what I saw in my shower all those years ago. I didn't reveal it at that moment.

She went on to say she was horrified but did not wake her husband up. The following evening when he came in from work she told him there was something she had to tell him. But he said, I need to tell you something first and went on to say that last night he had heard his cup being put down on the ledge of the headboard. When he opened his eyes he was looking down at the floor and there he saw a hand resting. He saw from the elbow down, just like she did!

Do you have an explanation about these sort of sightings? I think it is that there isn't enough energy to see the whole spirit, so only part is seen?

I find the same with the flowers. Roses don't often last long at all.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 29 Jan 2017 16:30

That is so interesting about the hand and arm... I have heard of these part manifestations before..
There is a museum at the Arthur Findlay College of Psychic Science, that I used to attend.. In the museum are apair of Wax hands.. they took a copy by somehow pouring warm wax over something they saw.. the hands are clasped like one would rest in ones lap.. Fascinating..

Maybe your Spirit fancied a cup of tea..

A bit like me yesterday, I sat in my deceased partners arm chair and watched a movie, thinking of him.. The adverts came on and I almost heard himsay ' A cup of tea would be nice'.. without even thinking I got up and made the cup of tea, but only the one, in a mug he bought me just before he died.. The cup says 'for The Worlds Best Nurse'..